Omen of Sorrow

In my case, I will get that game once it comes out soon :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

If it’s not too expensive, I say why not. And who knows, perhaps the gameplay will be super interesting in the final product.

3 Likes

this is just shameless, looks like they couldn’t really come up with an original idea and just decided to make a cheap knockoff version of KI.

I’m at a loss for words here…

Yo! I just discovered this game last night when I was searching through youtube for “games similar to killer instinct 1” and low and behold Omen Of Sorrow popped up. It looks very promising no doubt and if it’s any good I will gladly drop KI2013 and jump ship. The new ultimates are a disgrace smh.

I’m thinking this too, I’ll stay optimistic about this one[quote=“xCrimsonLegendx, post:1, topic:16574, full:true”]
Kinda makes me think its Playstation’s attempt at KI, of course KI doesn’t own the formula and these characters are based in history/classic literature but the simple style of the game and the theme is reminiscent of KI if you ask me. I think I even saw Sabrewulf in there somewhere. Not saying this is a ripoff by any means but hey, it is what it is.
[/quote]

To me, this just might turn into the true spiritual successor of killer instinct.

Also:

Wow, just wow. I guess maximilian dood said it best, dreams can come true.

1 Like

Omen of Sorrow lacks the production quality of KI. You’re unhappy with KI’s ultimates and are thinking of jumping ship to an Indy game that can’t even hold a candle to KI or have even a fraction of KI’s audience? Not to mention it’s, in many ways, a blatant rip-off of KI to begin with.

If you want a down-grade, then I suppose that’s your choice, because that’s exactly what you’d be getting. I must warn you though - if KI’s ulitimates disappoint you, then what that game has to offer you will make you cry.

1 Like

Yet, KI2013 is a budget title.

None of those things matter.

The game is still in development.

1 Like

With a bigger budget than Omen of Sorrow. :wink:

Still a budget title nonetheless. One that can only create lame imitations of it’s former glory.

That’s an opinion and not 1 I agree with. If you can’t see that the current iteration of KI is infinitely better than the originals in virtually every single way possible, then there’s nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise.

1 Like

Would you stop trolling? Wow, are my thoughts and the fact of the matter really enough to shake you up? It was never my intention, just stop with the trolling.

Lol. You’re on a tear lately. The phrase "disgrace " gets thrown around maybe a bit too much. It’s not the same things as “not liked by me.”

[quote=“VladKravich, post:20, topic:16574”]
searching through youtube for “games similar to killer instinct 1”
[/quote] well, score one for YouTube search, although I think it looks more like KI 2013 than the original KI.

That seems unlikely, but that doesn’t mean that it won’t be a game that you can enjoy.

I don’t think Omen of Sorrow looks great but I’m totally in favor of more fighting games. Let’s hope people buy it and that it’s good.

In its defense, it looks VERY early. Hopefully it has another layer of polish, as the graphics, atmosphere and certainly the collision animations could all use a thick coat of polish.

But I could see it having potential, at least. I’m sure they’re going for less of a “how can we steal KI’s cast” and want something more along the lines of a penny dreadful-esque old school monster-fest. It’s also a fighting game, so it’s going to have combos.

However, combining monsters with combos of that specific nature? Eh… Now you’re treading on someone else’s turf.

Either way, I hope it winds up being fun, polished and unique. The more FGs, the better (at least in theory :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

Now I’m not familiar with european lore (except the werewolf stuff, and dracula?) so I’m not too sure what to expect from the cast, any guesses?

One of the other characters/fighters in the game I can very clearly tell happens to be basically a Jekyll/Hyde-type character.

1 Like

I love Jekyll/Hyde but I’m not sure on the over-muscled potion throwing design though. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this title to see if it gets off the ground even. I don’t want another Thrill Kill or Primal Rage 2 situation where promotional material is released and I’m like alright I’m willing to give you a try let’s do this. And boom canceled for one dumb reason or another.

There’s a hunchback (a la “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) in this much earlier trailer fighting the vampire guy.

1 Like

K, bye.

1 Like