Official New KI comic series

What?! D:

Yep, kind of getting annoying now to be honest.

1 Like

The delay struggle is real

1 Like

Frickin heck, this is brutal! I just want to see how they write Glacius and Eagle, man! That has the potential to be one of the most interesting relationships in the series. In any case, I went to my local comics shop to ask if they had any info, and they couldnā€™t give me anything concrete (as expected) but they did say that Dynamite has had to push a couple of releases back. The guy working there theorized that it had something to do with licensing issues, but obviously thatā€™s just speculation.

Also, on the subject of issue #2, Iā€™m starting to get a liiiittle concerned about the plot. I mean, I know we have very little to go off of, but I spotted covers and solicitations for #5, and it seems as though ARIA hasnā€™t been diminished in the slighest. Soooā€¦ whatā€™s going to come of Glacius and Eagleā€™s attack? Were they there for some other purpose than to shut her down? I really hope they donā€™t just show up for one issue for a one-off fight and then get written out of the series somehow, as excited as I am to see Glacius in the comic I feel like that would be super unsatisfying. :U Guess weā€™ll have to wait and see!

1 Like

You said there were issue #5 covers I got excited and had to see for myself.

Here is the plot for issue 5:

The Coven launch a missile attack drawing the unwanted attention of ARIA. Meanwhile, Kim Wu, Jago and Tusk must journey to the Astral Plane in hopes of discovering why the Guardians have abandoned them. The answer to this mystery, however, reveals a new horror they are unprepared to face.

Source: First Look At John Wick, The Shadow/Batman Shipping January 2018

Iā€™m gonna take a guess and say she ditches Eagle and Glacius mid fight. I just canā€™t see those two going down that easily.

3 Likes

Has Sabrewulf appeared yet? I want to see him :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Found another one, man these covers are cool.

6 Likes

The covers look cool, but with all these delays I find it hard to get excited.

Oh no, I definitely wasnā€™t expecting them to beat her right then and there; removing one of the primary antagonists in just issue 2 would be quite a huge jump! And who knows, maybe she bails like you say, or maybe they do manage to defeat her but she manages to upload into a different chassis or something like that, since thatā€™s a thing she can do, being an AI and all. Iā€™m just concern what her still being around so prominently means for their involvement in the storyā€¦ if they are going to only show up for one issue (I so desperately hope itā€™s more!!), Iā€™d like to see them manage to accomplish something worthwhile during their time in the spotlight.

2 Likes

I canā€™t be the only one getting hyped over this sentence. New horror!

:squid: Tentacle-faced Lovecraftian Horror Confirmed. :octopus:

I canā€™t wait to read what is actually is next May! :smirk:

-Zenek

4 Likes

Aria looks incredible in those covers! The wait for these are going to drive me nuts, especially if the dates keep getting pushed back.

1 Like

the art is nice!

Here is line art from that great Aria cover.

3 Likes

Only two weeks left until the next issue is released #Nomoredelays

3 Likes

Is there any good apps to check out the comics without amazon?

Comixology

inb4 thereā€™s ANOTHER delay lol

Shhh, donā€™t jinx it!

How are the comics so far?