Official KI Bug Reporting Thread

I think we’re taking about two different bugs here.

@C88TexAce, SonicDolphin is saying that there are times when Glacius tries to counter breaker (and gets the counter pose to come out), and then the person breaks after and it doesn’t successfully trigger the counter breaker. He’s not talking about a glitch where Glacius presses the counter breaker buttons but doesn’t get the pose until later.

Haven’t we already discussed this very issue in another thread? Doing a counter-breaker, watching your opponent lock out, but then not getting the benefit of the lockout? I think we have…

No, that was when the person tried to break before you did the counter breaker and it creates some slightly confusing interactions. SonicDolphin is describing a scenario where Glacius is standing in his counter breaker pose but break attempts do not hit it.

I don’t know if it was a rollback situation or some other wackiness (since he didn’t provide a video, I don’t know), but the situation he’s describing is different.

I don’t see how - it sounds like he’s described EXACTLY what I’ve experienced (and not just with Glacius either)…

This bug is actually just a simple oversight during the season 2 transition. Back in season 1 shadow moves after wallsplats were considered openers, for example I played Thunder and I couldn’t do Wallsplat > Shadow Triple Axe > Ender because it was opener ender (this actually used to be really good counter breaker bait since thunder’s only options were blowout the combo or do opener ender.) In season 2 they changed it so that shadow moves after wallsplats are linkers, however if you turn on the combo state display for glacius you can see that his shadow shoulder after wallsplat is still an opener which is why you can’t counter break it.

Aganos using Ruin through a wall, smashing a wall, but not properly getting the animation and damage from the wall:

1 Like

Something similar happened to me recently. I hit someone into a wall, they splatted against it, but it didn’t break (nor did they take wall crash damage). It just looked like they were hit into the corner. I was a bit far away from the wall when I did ruin, so the wall only barely came into view, but they definitely splatted against it.

Tswagg back again to bring you another bug/ work around. Now i’m not sure if this was intended however for the purpose of this post I will assume that it was. So while playing I had got burned by Cider and tried to throw out a web and had fanned the flames (this is the part I assume was intended). So I then tried to figure out a way around this and I have. What you do is Plink both heavy inputs (starting with the button that isn’t burned). So for example if your punches are burned you would do HK into HP and if you did it fast enough your web or fire cat would come out. Heres a video explaining how to do it with an example in training room.

I know that since training room isn’t a proper representation of actual play, so I have tested this in verses and it works there also. The reason I call this a “bug” is because since you put a web or a firecat out and you’re also pressing the burned button you should fan the flames, but for some reason it does not. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this.

-Tswagg

If you do any action that involves a punch and a kick being pressed at the same time, the game will not fan the flames no matter which of your buttons are burned out (including if BOTH are burned out). This includes things like throw attempts, shadow counters, all break attempts, counter breakers, instinct activations, and HP+HK instinct moves like web, firecat, and Fulgore pip charge (if you fan the flames while trying any of these, it’s a bug).

Sometimes, however, you will plink buttons such that you press a burned out button first, and then the game will fan the flames, even though you also will get the intended action. As you found out, if you plink the buttons in the “other order”, you will get the intended action without fanning.

OK then this is a bug, Thanks Infil for confirming this for me. In the video I do the Firecat input (without Plinking) and I fan the Flames. I have another Video where as Sadira where her legs are burned but when I do the input (without plinking) I fan the flames. Going to look more into this later thanks man. :slight_smile:

The damage scaling on Aganos’ Heavy Payload Assault is significantly increased after a counter-breaker.

In a normal combo, Heavy Natural Disaster Opener > HK autodouble > Shadow Payload Assault > Heavy Payload Assault at shotgun distance > Heavy Wall Crash can give about 60% damage.

If you do the exact same combo, but get a counter-breaker after the opener, it will give you about 45% percent damage. If you max out the counter-breaker, it’ll hover around 50%.

I know that with a bar of meter and a wall you can get a less risky 63% damage on a counter-breaker, but that’s a maxed out counter-breaker, whereas the 60% out-of-counter-breaker combo is just one autodouble.

I noticed two bugs:

First one: While playing Aganos shadow agaisnt Sabrewulf in a Survive Mode (I think the English version is called like this) the stag of Saberwulf looks really foggy and over lighting.

1.Play with Aganos Shadow
2.Play Survival Mode (Supervivencia, spanish)
3.Keep fighting till get a Sabrewulf opponent.
4.Stage of Sabrewulf foggy and overlighted.

My second bug is something I still keep seeing from when Second Season started with IG: Playing as Jago the character select screen with the big VS has Jago with closed eyes!!! Guys! Please! It is so hard to keep Jago not closing his eyes in the VS screen! Gosh!

1.Select Jago
2.Start playing against any character any mode.
3.See the VS screen

Thanks you!

While I’m sure the devs appreciate your participation in regards to making the game better, these are both issues the devs are already very keenly aware of. Don’t let that stop you from continuing to report bugs though! I just thought I’d let you know. :wink:

1 Like

My Fulgore Shadow isn’t working. It said I need to buy or install him but I can choose him.

OMG. This is hilarious.

Also, here’s a few bugs. One is a recapture bug with Kan Ra that changes your opponents stance. More visual than anything. It’s happened to me twice with Thunder and Jago. Simply recapture with ant lion after a command grab then get thrown out before attempting a reset.

Recapture glitch

This one is a little different. Kan Ra is able to link from a whiffed standing HP. To do this, stand as far as you can (as long as standing HP connects) then immediately cancel into instinct. Throw out another HP and it’ll whiff (doesn’t register) but Kan Ra is still able to get a linker off. This won’t work if you don’t hit HP immediately after. Only a sand spike will come out.

Whiff confirm?

New Brightness problems after patch 2.10

She never had hair.

I saw a bug on a KI stream where Jago’s Shadow Wind Kick did not remove Cinder’s pyrobomb that was stuck to him.

Also saw a bug in same stream where Jago’s Shadow Tiger Fury was somehow broken with linker breaking rules (1, 2, 3) rather than opener->ender rules. Forgot the specific scenario, unfortunately.

Also, the bug where Glacius’ armor causes him to have longer active frames on his shadow counter is still in the game.