Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

You’re in the right spot to have IG look in to it. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

@rukizzel Yeah, like, it’s strange and if that happens online, I don’t want to be reported or be flagged for breaking the game. Like, Most of my characters are above Lv.20 (Maya lv. 27), and this has been happening to me since the S3 Launch, when I picked up Maya to begin with. Like, it genuinely confuses me as to why or how it happens and I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the core game’s compat files or if the game is genuinely made with the bug.

I bought the Supreme Edition for PC. It gave me the KI gold and the first season of characters but everything else, including costumes are locked. Is this a bug or am I not doing something right? When the game starts up and checks for DLC it doesn’t seem to have any issues and just puts me right into the game.

I’ve been having the same issue since the Mira patch came out and tried every suggestion but nothing so far has worked. It seems to be a server or DRM issue. Does your game think it’s Christmas too? (Check the in-game store page.)

Yeah it’s advertising Christmas icons and costumes and everything. I don’t know what to do about this, I just got the game two days ago.

I dunno either. It wasn’t a problem for me initially so I got a lot of mileage out of the game already, but man it must suck for you if you bought the Supreme Edition and didn’t get to play it at all.

I’ve been doing Story Mode runs to pass the time while waiting for the weekend to end, hoping that once people get back to work, the issue will be fixed.

Had this one over the weekend. Mira completely whiffs on her ultra. Kind of amusing though.

1 Like

A weird bug involving Orchid’s grenades and Aganos’ armor just happened to me while playing online on Windows 10:

I had 2 chunks on Aganos, and hit Orchid with light crouching jab canceled into opener light pulverize. While Aganos was spinning and hitting Orchid, a grenade she had previously released exploded and hit Aganos, making him enter hitstun animation even though he was chunked up. Additionaly, the hit did not take out a chunk.

I tried to recreate the scenario in training mode, but just couldn’t. The armor kept absorbing the grenade hit, as it should. I thought I was insane and went to see recorded match, but the replay confirmed that the bug did indeed happen. If I find some way of putting the video up online, I’ll post it here.

Isn’t Omen’s Heavy Orda Shield suppose to hit 3 times??? Is there something I’m missing here?

You can see the inputs I’m pressing.

EDIT: Crap, I uploaded the wrong video.

Yeah it always did that.

I had the same exact problem, right down to the game thinking it was Christmas.

I just got my computer back from the shop earlier today, and when I went to play KI it required an update. After I did the update, all of my season 2 & 3 characters (and Shadow Jago) were grayed out. It still showed that I had purchased the season 1&2 combo pack, and season 3. It was also offering holiday stuff. But for individual characters, it said I didn’t own anything beyond season 1.

I looked at my system clock. The date was right, but the time was wrong. They had replaced the power supply and something was wonky as a result. I changed the date and time setting to manual, then back to auto. I also changed the time zone setting from manual to auto, then back to manual.

This fixed the time, and apparently the game as well. I just tried it again and now everything works.

Lots of hiccups and frame rate drops in offline modes.

Mira Character XP bar levels up but at any level just around the middle it seems to be stuck before .in the background, XP seems to count and add points normally. Just a visual bug of the XP bar?

A few mira things:

You changed maya’s 2LK to not be -5 on block, but I assume the frame data on mira’s is duped from the version before that patch because hers still is. 16 frames of recovery is 4f worse than her 2MK!

Assuming this isn’t intended, her airdash can’t be input as 96, as it actually requires a 66 input. Thus, the much less convenient 9~66 input needs to be used.

Also assuming this isn’t intended, her shadow bite always builds the maximum amount of health, which seems odd because most shadow enders scale with the combo level. Not that I mind being able to do that…maybe mark this one as low priority :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! Knowing that you got it to work made me go back and try one more time. As it turns out, my Avast Antivirus had blocked something during the update preventing the game from accessing the servers. I removed it, which made the news page work again but it wasn’t 100% still.

So I uninstalled the game, reset the clock and time zones the same way you suggested and reinstalled the game. Everything works now, even after I put my antivirus back.

I can finally play Mira! And dear queen, is she a blast to play!

Kan Ra. Shadow sand trap disappears if you are combo broken. Shadow sand trap also disappears when your throw is teched. last bug, command throw can be teched from close range with a regular throw, unless it’s not really a command throw therefore not a bug.

So i just played a set with a Sadira and in one of the games, the following happens:

According to the latest patch-notes there was a 5-frame buffer window for Counter-Breakers now.

Added a 5-frame buffer window to the Counter Breaker input, so that you have a 5 frame window to input a 1st frame Counter Break attempt. This removes the need to manually time a 1st frame Counter Breaker vs someone inputting a 1st frame Breaker attempt. (In general, you will still have to input your counter break before your opponent inputs his break attempt to succeed. But for manuals in particular, it was unreasonably difficult to input your counter break before an opponent who is also trying to break immediately. You may have noticed this in cases such as Tusk’s skewer or Rash’s LP juggles after a launcher. With this buffer in place, you will have a much easier time beating your opponent to the break and counter breaking successfully.)

Did some of you had the same issue? During the games i initially thought it was a rollback issue, but after watching the replay i kinda doubt that this is the problem.

@developers maybe you can clear up what happend here.

Reposting from the PC issues thread…

A friend of mine is having extreme difficulty playing this game online (PC release). No one can connect to his lobbies or exhibitions, ever. He can SOMETIMES connect to other people’s lobbies, but it’s very rarely and very frustrating. Ranked mode does not work for him at all, he can’t find any matches. Basically, the online portion of this game is completely cut off from him.

His specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz OC’ed to 4.60GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 OC 3072MB GDDR5

He’s tried messing with his ports and has even gone as far as disabling security software to make sure those aren’t interfering.

From what I gather a lot of people are having this issue, so I’d like to know - is it a known problem, is it being worked on and is there a solution for my buddy.

He’s had the game since launch and it still persists.

Thanks.

Thunder has a bug where almost any normal thrown after a shadow command grab will scoot him forward.

To recreate:

• Shadow Call of the Earth
  • After animation completes, whiff a normal and Thunder will move forward much like a kara grab/cancel.

This helped me when I couldn’t connect to the online portion. Perhaps this could be of assistance.

The ice still pops up on Glacius’ stage when TJ does his Tremor. Has always been that way. Jumps up a few feet and remains till it melts.