Nioh (PS4)

@FallofSeraphs76
I was doing The Scorge Of Evil (Way Of The Wise) and I discovered a path of relatively little resistance… obviously I’m not going to spoil the whole thing for you so I’l try to keep it short and vague.

So after you hop off that platform next to Tenkai… simply make your way across the bridge… there should a tower nearby with a Jerk Skeleton raining unholy lead on you with a rifle… take him out and climb the tower (Not Necessarily in that order)…
From There you should be able to see all three crystals, the paths that lead to them and even most of the Yokai waiting to ambush you… from there its up to you how you want to plan your way through the area… I had My Gunslinger Build so I just shot the Yokai waiting for me.

Basically The Main idea is to avoid that gigantic wide open space… thats where all the Bull ■■■■ happens with The Ninja Yokai and all the Blobs… its straight up suicide through There.

From There its very important that you examine both The Crystals and The Rings because they are the Key to helping in the Pit with Gasha Dokuro (He’s highly Damage Resistant).

Edit :
If you’ve got the Points for it then you can use a Single Sword and Dual Sword combination to chain Iai Quick Draw and Sign Of The Cross together… you can actually do this the current Two Single Swords setup you have now… it just not as potent… you can use The video tutorials I left up there as a reference… although… you haven’t reached a point in the game where the enemies are highly damage resistant… so you don’t need it… you’l definitely need it (or some other cheese method) for all the mission after all the main missions.

Meanwhile in Other News…

I finally caught a break and got lucky… Out of The Blue a Divine Dragon Sword With Iai Quick Draw Damage 19.4% Appeared in my Inventory (Obviously I picked up somewhere but I just don’t remember where). which means I don’t have to fight the Jerk who owns it (He’s extremely cheap)… now obviously the sword was low level so it cost me over 50 000 000 Gold to make it catch up with my other gear but I did pull it off… now I just have to Defile it and its good to go… I’l be using my Gun Slinger Build while I wait for that to happen…

1 Like

HEck yeah man, Ill give it a try ,thanks! I havent played PS4 all week, so i need to back to it.

1 Like

Plus we’re coming up on holiday seasons so there might be more releases soon…

I mean you still have to get around to Spiderman and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider… theres just not enough time. :open_mouth:

Edit :

Holy Crap I just Got Parried !!! :scream:

400 Hourz in this game and not once has an enemy parried me… and so I assumed it didn’t exist. And then boom… I get parried out of the blue by some douche bag I’ve beaten 3 times already.

Also I’m getting Cheated Out My Damage again… I’m using gear I picked up on way of The Nioh to do a mission on Way Of The Wise and yet despite being over leveled I’m still dealing no damage… seriously… ■■■■ this Game.

LoL… I’m only still playing it because I’m waiting for Batman to finishing downloading (Curse This Slow Internet and 60GB downloads)…

You’re on Thin Ice, Team Ninja !!!

Edit 2:

and Boom !!! Deleted Nioh !!!

400 Hours and 1000 Deaths later… lets hope I binged hard enough on it so that I don’t feel the itch to play it again like I dud with Dark Souls.

@FallofSeraphs76
God ■■■■■■■ Damnit !!!
So there I am… playing Hellblade and I has just developed an appreciation for the combat… and then tje game starts crashing…

Long Story Short… I’m playing Nioh… like actually playing it right now…

Dude I was so close… so close to being free. :confounded: sigh…

I’m trying to strength my gear in the abyss… its the only thing I haven’t tried yet.

Edit :
Save Scumming my way Through the Abyss.

I literally have a google doc open with all the floor bosses plus my file explorer open for quick save back ups as I’m playing the Game… the punishment for dying in the Abyss is so steep they pretty much guaranteed no one is going to play by the rules… I already lost a bunch of stuff in the abyss… NEVER AGAIN !!!

Hell blade? Is that out on PC now?

1 Like

Yep… I was way too hasty to judge that game… its better than I thought… have you tried it ?

No Ihavent tried it…seen a trailer…looked great! Its the Dark SOuls in space game right? Is it PC only?

Wait What ?

No dude… Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is that game about that chick with Schizophrenia… twas developed and published independently by Ninja Theory.

This is where I am with Nioh… :broken_heart:

Ohhh…derp!!! Yeah I have Hellblade…beat it not long after I got it on PS4. Streamed the entire game and whopped Hela…it was a great game but the combat got boring…too repetitive. Some of the puzzle were mega hard! OMG!

1 Like

Trust Me… compared to Nioh in NG+ Hell Blade’s 3 Button combat is significantly better just because nothing stops being usefull from start to finish. The further you progress in Nioh… the more Mechanics they take away from you… its so bad people don’t even bother having elixirs in any of their shortcuts anymore… you get one shotted right through a fully charged living weapon… yes… one hit drains the whole living weapon and the full health bar underneath…

Did you know about The 1.20 Patch Nerf ?

Basically what happens is Special Effects that get triggered when your health is below 30% get disabled when you pop living weapon…

Most players compensated by having Leeching Talismans on while living weapon is active… which I’m not sold on because each tick saps off a pretty decent chunk of the gauge.

Yeah I got Stuck on a few of those…the problem wasn’t that they were difficult…the problem was a lack of clarity in that you didn’t what your intended goal was, couldn’t where one puzzle ended and another began, couldn’t tell how far the scope of the puzzle goes (am I suppose to back track or is the solution right here)…

They actually commited alot of Puzzle Design Sins… but luckily theres walkthroughs for that… unsayisfying as they are to use.

YEah agreed on the puzzles… especaillythe rune match ups or the invisible doors. ugh

1 Like

One time I was I got stuck because I wasn’t standing in the exact right spot to match the runes… I assumed I was wrong and went looking else where only to come back and realised I was right the first time…

1 Like

THe end battle leading up to Hela is pretty tough… wave after wave of enimies that you revisist from allthe areas. The key is the parrry… parry every chance you get and then unleash the instinct meter or whatever its called. But the ending of the story itself was very …odd.

LoL… I’m not there yet… I only just defeated Valraven… then I got murdered by a really aggressive warrior trying to parry him…

And it looks like The Gunslinger Build has finally Crapped out… time to respec and start over…

I was considered going for the almighty Susano Living Weapon build… but with all the nerfs I don’t think I can make it work… soooo…

I stumbled upon a gracious set that grants an Extra 40% Damage when using Iai Quick Draw… theres just one catch… I have to wear 5 pieces to get that bonus…

Also I need some swords with Quick Draw on Them… not sure where I’m going to find those… I need like 5 of them.

However until I get there I have to use The Dragon Ninja/Master Swordsmen Setup.

Allright… thanks to Cheating i managed to aquire 3 Katana’s with Iai Quick Draw on them… and now its off to the Abyss… sigh…

So here’s the game plan… the set I want is on Floor 37… so I’m going in on Floor 33 to Defile My ■■■■…

Now the floors have multiple sets on each of them so just because I have the right floor it doesn’t mean I’m going to get The Set I need… so to maximize my chances… I’m going to defile 5 of the same gear I want… so that’s: 5 Pants, 5 Jackets, 5 Guns, 5 Hino Enma Kabuto’s, 5 Onmyo Mage Hats and 5 Katana’s with Iai Quick Draw On Them… those last two are going to be a problem because I only have 3 of those… it literally took 2 Days just to get two of them… and thats with Cheats…

Now I’m not a moron (or maybe I am… afterall I’m still suffering in this game)… I’m not going to defile all 25 Of those pieces at the same time… thats just stupid… because what if I do actually convert something into Futsunushi ? Yay right ? Nope… I’l get one piece of what I want but I’l run out of resources and I wont be able to make more… so I’l have to make 5 Trips into The Abyss and I’l defile all 5 pieces of the same gear each time I go in…

Now with that sorted… that just leaves Save Scumming… I have two back ups… one I made just before defiling anything on floor 33 (this is for just in case the whole thing turns out to be a farce) another just before the Boss on Floor 37 after Defiling 5 items… so I’l have to do is murder The Boss and exit the abyss to check my conversions… if theres no Futsunushi then I’l restore the back up… rinse and repeat until Futsunushi Drops… then I have to create new back ups and start the whole process all over again with a new set of 5 Items. Do that 4 more times for a 5 Piece Futsunushi set.

Hopefully when thats all done I’l have the build complete:
• Helmet : Futsunushi Hino Enma/Onmyo Mage Kabuto
• Jacket : Futsunushi Jacket (doesn’t really matter what kind, infact I already have one)
• Gauntlets : Master Swordsman Gloves (Already Got These)
• Pants : Futsunushi Pants (doesn’t matter what kinda)
• Boots : Master Swordsman’s Boots (already got these)
• Katana : Futsunushi Katana with Iai Quick Draw Damage Bonus
• Dual Swords : Master Swordsman’s Dual Swords with Sign Of The Cross Damage (already got these)
• Hand Cannon : Futsunushi Tatsuke Style Hand Cannon (I already have this but i need to reconfigure this to do Ki Damage)
• Bow/Rifle : Futsunushi Bow/Rifle (doesn’t matter what kind)

The whole point of this build is to have the 4 Piece set Bonus from the master swordsman set which is 30% Damage when using Sign Of The Cross
And 5 Piece Futsunushi Set Bonus for 40% Damage when using Iai Quick Draw…

And thats it… those will literally be the only two moves I use for the as long as this build is viable… no parries… no grapples no Windstorm no Flowing Shadow…

Just Sign Of The Cross and Iai Quick Draw… now and forever until the end of time… I’l be using Paralysis to help me land this move… sigh… ■■■■ This Game…

Alright… lets get started on those pants…

Edit :
BOOM… Got me some sweet Futsunushi Pants… it only took two tries.

Okay… now for The Helmet… I’l start with Hino Enma’s Kabuto…

LoL… I forgot to Defile !!!

EDIT 2 :
BOOM… got Futsunushi Hino Enma’s Kabuto… on the first run no less.

And now for something really hard… The Katana… I only have three so I doubt is going to happen on the first try.

I’m tired… I’m going to bed… this game can continue to suck the life out of me tomorrow.

Edit 3 :
Couldn’t sleep… decided to Defile them Swords… I got lucky… I got a Futsunushi Katana on my first run despite only using 3 Katanas… not only that… out of all the three Katanas the one I really wanted had a fixed water bonus (it can’t be removed) and that’s the one that became Futsunushi. The other two had a fixed proficiency bonus and that trait is useless because I maxed out my proficiency way back on Way Of The Samurai…

Also the game just ■■■■■■ me over again… Remember those Futsunushi pants I just converted ? Yeah well it turns out I need a new pair because they have no free slots to add an inheritable bonus on to them… which means I can’t slap attack on those pants… which means I have to Defile a whole new set of pants…

Also I had the most amazing idea… and then I googled the idea to see who else had it… and found out that those people who acted on that idea were severly punished for it… I would like to send my heart felt appreciation for those who have suffered for me so that I didn’t have to… your sacrifice shall not be forgotten… :+1:

Okay… next up we have guns… specifically rifles… I wanted guns specifically because even though they have a slow aiming animation… the reloading animation can be dodge cancelled where else with the bow and cannon William first has to slide another cannon/arrow in the chamber before he can move again… Pretty ■■■■■■■ Stupid.

I don’t what I’m gonna do about the Pants… I’l circle back to them when I’m done with the Jackets.

Edit 4:
Got me a Futsunushi Rifle… it converted the Tatsuke Style rather than the Inadome Style rifle so it won’t do as much headshot damage… still though… its something…

Okay… so that just leaves Jacket, pants and maybe the Hat… not too sure about the hat though…

Oh yeah and I have to Respec to get my dual swords damage up… and to dump all my spare points into Attack…

So it turns out I’m actually wearing one too many Futsunushi pieces… and because of that I’m getting the 7th and Final Set Bonus… 20% pierce guard (Close Combat)… now 20% is pretty big by itself but I reckon I can get it higher… with an extra 10% Pierce Guard on my swords and Bisha Centipede’s 25% Pierce Guard… and maybe even an accessory with Pierce Guard then I can deal 50% of my Damage through a human opponents guard…

Now who would this work best on ?.. I think ■■■■■■■■■ and Nagoyoshi since they guard more than anyone else… but they’re extremely vulnerable to Paralysis so I don’t need it for them… revenants also guard like its the god ■■■■ plague so maybe it will be good on them… they won’t be as easy to paralyse so yeah… sure…

I don’t know… maybe theres another two piece set I can use here…

Edit 5 :
Finally Got the Futsunushi Jacket… oh but guess what… Its Got No Inheritable just like my pants :(… you know what… ■■■■ it !!! I’m not going to try to defile these again… I’l just roll with what I have… at least until The Build starts struggling at which point I’l just try getting Futsunushi again…

Meanwhile in other news… I also Got me a Futsunushi Mages Hat with Onmyo Casting Speed On it… you know what’s silly ? I never even bothered to to compare the casting speeds to see if it was worth it… oh well…

As a bonus the game dropped a pre defiled Long Bow and it turned into Futsunushi along side my Hat… so that was a fun bonus… and I have plans for this bow… but before I explain what they are, I need to go over the issues I’ve been having with my 2nd Guardian spirit…

So Kato is obviously the best Guardian Spirit in the game and I have him as my primary… as does everyone else…

But Kato can’t do it all on his own… so to Further increase the damage I needed something stronger than Hi-Nezumi (10% Critical CCD) and Aya-Komori (9% Damage From behind)… so the top two are Kara-Jishi and Tengen Kujaku… but theres a catch… unlike the first two guardians, these guys don’t work passively, they need to be active to grant The Damage Buff…

So how do they do it ?

Well Kara Jishi grants an increase attack status enhancement when you successful hit an opponent with a skill… and Tengen Kujaku grants various enhancements for aborbing Amirita depending on which stance you’re in…

And both of them have execution issues…

Kara Jishi isn’t so bad but there have been instances where I accidentally switched spirits without realising it and that lead to alot of wastes damage. But the two worst aspects are He also has skill life drain and it doesn’t go away even when you switch, The Life drain screws with the guardian’s tenacity so it definitely is a problem. And you also don’t get The buff if you do a skill while Kara Jishi is in a coold down state… making him dead weight… also the enhancement fails off so ■■■■ quickly.

Tengen Kujaku grants The best Attack Enhancement but only for absorbing Amirita in High Stance… which means you either need to pop spirit stones or use Extraction Talismans… both of which are risky. The good news is Tengen Kujaku still gives you the Buff even while in cool down state… you won’t be able to sense anything as it cools down but the buff will still trigger… but I struggled weaving this into my gameplay.

And thats where the Futsunushi Bow comex in…

Now itz no secret… Bows are Hella week in this game… on way of the nioh they won’t kill anything… but they do grant amirita if you hit something in the head with one… so I configured this bow not to deal damage but instead to grant me amirita when it hits and to increase its reload and movement speed…

So the game plan is to run away… switch to Kujaku and fire an arrow to absorb amirita then switch back to Kato stack the damage…then land one big sign of the cross…

It works really well for stealth.

So that just leaves Respeccing and Reforging… I’m currently fresh out of Umbracite so no Reforging today…

Now I’m taking stats out of body… which means no 6000HP (it wasn’t helping anyway)

Edit 6:
LoL… Respecced everything… I’m only dealing a teeny tiny bit more damage… despite it cost 3000 Points to do so…

So yeah… I have to get those proper fustunushi pieces pronto !!!

I used the time travelling exploit to do tomorrow twilight missions now so I can get some god ■■■■ umbracite.

Edit 7 :
Finally got a respectable Futsunushi
Jacket that can show itself in public… that just leaves the pants…

I’m going to do a viability test run and record the results.

We’l start off with Giant Toad just to test the damage… then Munishige or Naomasa will be the general competency test… Marobashi to test The Break Power and Restless Spirits to test The Speed…

I also want to try a living weapon enemy just to see if I can smack’em out of it…

I think Maria will work best here but Date Is also a good adversary… although Yukmura is obviously The Ultimate but there’s no fast way to get to him.

This had better work, I literally poured all my resources into this build…

Edit 8 :
Whoops… I was wrong… It turns out you can’t actually get Tengen Kujaku’s Buff during cool down… I mean absorbing amirita while in cool down shortens the cool down duration and thats probably what triggered the buff… so while this works just fine at 99 Spirit… at 36 Spirit the extended cool down prevents me from getting the Buff… I’l be using Aya Komori until I get this mess sorted out.

Edit 9 :
Boom… finally got me some futsunushi pants.

And with that the build is more or less complete… I put attack on all the pieces to maximize damage … I may have to refine the stats becsuse this Spirit thing is killing me… but other than that, its done.

Edit 10:
And back into The Abyss I go… gonna push as far as I can and hopefully that will give me some good loot.

Edit 11:

Bloody hell The Abyss is brutal. I mean it was all going fine… I two shotted Mitsnuari and then One Shotted Nobonaga… next on the chopping block was Onmoraki… apparently Geralt of Rivia is getting sloppy because Onmoraki is clearly a ■■■■■■■■■■ that some managed to escape The Witcher 3 and embed itself into Nioh… meaning I had to clean up Geralt’s mess.

So I jump in… Land an Iai Quick Draw for about 40% Damage… so far so good… then he powers up and guard breaks me… to which my response was to Come out of the guard break with a sign of the cross for an extra 20% of his health bar… clearly I ■■■■■■ him off because he immediately took to the skies and rained fire and brimstone on me… I died while fumbling in the inventory menu trying to equip my Hand Cannon.

And thats where things went south…

Ayt so its like this… the first 5 Seconds of every abyss boss fight are the most important. They pretty much dictate whether you’l win or lose… so having to spend that first 5 seconds trying to grab my Pokemon essentially meant I was falling behind and the boss is already on top of me. So I said ■■■■ it !!! Let me Hit him first and then grab my pokemon. And so I did…

Now without Kato helping me, my fully charged Iai Quick Draw only hit him for 20% this time and then as I was running to grab Kato a shock wave one shotted me from behind… then as always the boss lined up its next attack to render quick change useless and killed me without my guardian spirit.

I lost my Defiled Dragon Sword and 4.4 Billion Amirita…

Temporarily…

Luckily I made a Back Up… and restored my ■■■■ back and tried again… and I died again but this time I was close… I just need a way to deal with the Shockwave…

Rather than trying to grab my spirit again I just restore tne same back since that already has the spirit on me… like I said… The 1st 5 Seconds make or break the fight…

This time I timed my buffs perfectly and Nailed him with a fully charged quick draw for 60% and then blocked the shock wave and Hit the remaining 40% of his health with a clean Sign Of The Cross right in the ■■■ !!!

Sigh…

Unfortunately that wasn’t it…

Next up was Naruto…

Dude… I can’t even describe how broken this boss is… so rage inducing.

The problem with this boss is it has no Punish windows… its always attacking… and then on top of that its the tankiest boss in the game… like literally a billion HP.

I did beat him eventually… very slowly…

To give you an idea of how tanky Naruto is… my fully buffed Iai Strike only hit it for 10%… 20 if I nail it from behind.

After that boss came Hino Enma and i one shotted her with a only a leeching buff from the front !!!

Thats how ■■■■■■■ Tanky Naruto is.

Sigh…

And now I’m back in the Abyss…

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76
And here’s the new build.

As you can see its Super Ugly because its pasted together from cheap random armor… so I’m hiding my shame by transforming into Ginchiyo Tachibana.

So here’s a quick overview:
The Build Exclusively focuses on Two Skills… Iai Quick Draw and Sign Of The Cross…

For Iai Quick Draw I’l be using a Water Katana with Iai Quick Draw on it and 5 Pieces of Fustunshi Gear to get the 40% Iai Quick Draw Damage… I have 6th Piece of Futsunushi gear that grantz me 20% Pierce Guard… which is what helped win that Marobashi fight.

And for Sign Of The Cross I’l e using 3 Pieces of The Master Swordsman Set for that extra 30% Damage on Sign Of The Cross.

Now theres a few extra special effects on the Master Swordsman’s Boots and Gloves that I’m wearing. The Boots increase my Damage when my health goes below 30%… you can forge this trait… you have to pick it up randomly…

And The gloves have another super special effect that lowers an enemy’s defense if I hit with a Ninjutsu Item… this basically means any enemy I paralyse will automatically be weakened… so I don’t need Weakness Talismans enemy… this is also a drop only trait…

My Hat increases My casting speed so I don’t have to use awakening mystic art in normal missions. You can forge this if you have the text for it.

And last but not least The Jacket has a bonus that increases my damage when my own Ki Reaches Zero. In this next clip you’l see me occasionally emptying my Ki on Purpose to get the Buff.

Now I can squeeze more damage out of this build by only focusing on Iai Quick Draw or Sign Of The Cross instead of both but my sheath cancelling isn’t good enough so I’m using both skills to make up for their weaknesses.

I’l do a proper Show Case of the tomorrow… hopefuly I can highlight its Strengths in the next video.

Edit :
At the time of recording that video I had just removed Status Ailment Augmentation from both my weapons so I had trouble getting paralysis to trigger on tougher baddies like Muneshige and Yukimura… and you can see how badly it cost me…

Since then I put the augmentation back on my dual swords only and now both my accessories have paralysis Augmentation… Paralysis now builds a tiny bit faster… I didn’t think it would matter but apparently it does.

Also it seems like Maria has the same bull ■■■■ as Okatsu where if you shoot her in the head… the Final Blow indicator doesn’t pop up quickly so you missed constantly…

Other than that it seems like shooting her in the head works even better on her than it does on everybody else… I just have to remember to Iai Quick Draw her ■■■ rather than trying to stab it…

Also I just picked up a Katana with Iai Quick Draw and no Inheritables… that means its fully customizable so if I can convert it then I can get rid of the ■■■■■■ Water Katana I’m using now… its really holding me back interms if damage.

Edit 2:
I’m slowly making my way up the Abyss… It Seems like the most toublesome enemies so are Hideyori Toyotomi & Naruto… just because of all their relentless Bull ■■■■ and Giant Health Bars…

Luckily it seems these bosses are uncommon…

The easiest so far has been Hino Enma… because she spawns with this long ■■■ animation… its easy for me to sprint behind her fully buffed and kill her In one single hit…

Derek Spawns faster but if I can catch him from behind then I can one shot him too…

Mitsunari and Otani also have lengthy spawns so I I can hit Mitsunari for a hard 80% from the front and I can One Shot Otani from behind… that being said… if I can no longer kill these guys quickly then they are going to completely ■■■■ me over… my build can’t handle those two in a fair fight.

Hundred Eyes is tricky…he’s got a giant hit box when he sits down and that costs me about two seconds… at which point I get swarmed with eye balls. But his health bar also has break points so I don’t need to one shot him… I just need to hit him hard enough to reach the next break point where he’l try to sit down again then rinse and repeat.

I tried catching Joro Gumo from behind but I can’t get there fast enough…I think I should hit her twice in the front then circle behind and smash through her armor when she transforms.

Yuki Onna is a new one and shes tricky… she spawns fast enough that I can’t hit her before she can hit me… so with her I need to becareful.

Looking at the Boss List I think I can make it to Floor 100… infact I should be good until floor 108 because thats when they start breaking out Double Boss Setups…

1 Like

How are you able to come back to life like that?

1 Like

Its Called Quick Change… you find it in the Ninjutsu Upgrade Sections… but you must complete the way of the ninja dojo missions to unlock it…

Way of the Ninja Adept is easy.
Way Of The Ninja Advanced requires I think 15 Dexterity to unlock and you have to beat hanzo.
Then Way Of The Ninja Master requires 20 Dexterity I think to unlock.

After that you’l be able to purchase all three quick change scrolls… but before you do that head to the very bottom of the Ninjutsu Page to increase your Capacity…

Lastly… to grab the Enlightenment Mystic Art (Instant Casting)… you’l have to do that Final Final Dojo mission… and this time they’re not going to give you some random pushover like Hanzo… oh no… this time you’l have go up against his number one Waifu, Okatsu, now I can beat Okatsu more or less without too much trouble… but alot of other players struggle with her.

On way of the Wise/Nioh and the Abyss… Quick Change is mandatory… only a moron would go without it…

Edit:
Its good to complete all the dojo missions to unlock all the skills…

The Ninjutsu and Onmyo Missions need you to level up the corresponding stat…

But once they are done you can use the book of Reincarnation to respec to your original build and then use the Ninja/Onmyo Locks Of Hair to use the Utility Jutsus (Jutsus that don’t scale off anything… like Weakness and Paralysis)…

Its how my build can still use Ninjutsu and Onmyo despite having only 30 points in each of them… then I save The rest of my levels for my Damage Stats, 200 Heart, 200 Skill and soon, 200 Spirit…

Infact I think 30 is where every stats starts drastically scaling less and less… it should be noted however that, even though Strength & Skill scale less… they give more Samurai points once you go above 30 I think…

Edit 2:
Done recording… will uploaded a proper show case of the build tonight…