Nioh (PS4)

WAy of the Ninja is the only one I haven’t completed. I haven’t leveled up my NInja skills as often as the others. I think I need 3-5 more points

1 Like

You’l get there… eventually.

God I forget just how greedy the game is with Amirita in the beginning. Leveling Up Scales down very very quickly… its so bad that I would sometimes complete whole missions… bosses and all still be shy a ton of Amirita to get to the next level.

Speaking Of Which… do you think you’re going to dive into NG+ ? its more or less fine in Way of Strong… The real bull ■■■■ starts on Way Of The Demon.

Honestly? I probably wont play NG+ and if I do it will be a long time from now. I just need to beat the main campaign first! lol
I have too many games to play and finish. ugh
AssCreed Odssey next week and I just got Shadow last week. Still working on Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, DS2, Salt and Sanctuary, God of War, Vampyr, and a ton of other games. I dont see how ppl finish games so fast without trying to get every little detail out of it like you do with NIoh and I do with my games as well.

1 Like

Theres a word for those types of people… they’re called Satisficers… they do don’t need to have the best weapons or collect every rat pelt. They can get by on just Good Enough.

And then on the other end you have people like me… we’re called Maximizers/Optimizers…

For us… Good Enough just won’t do… it has to be the best possible option.

Generally speaking Satisficers are going to have more fun especially in this ■■■■■■ “letd put RPG Elements into everything” Era of gaming.

But hey… what are you going to do ? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76
And here it is… A Proper Practical Demonstration of Futsunushi in Normal Missions… well sort of…

This is the last video I’m going to upload of this game… after the video I managed to climb another 20 Floors into The Abyss… The game has gotten so greedy with its loot but the the enemies in the Abyss just keep getting tankier and tankier… but the loot is still low level. The build was at its limit… it won’t go past floor 107… so I went into my storehouse to look for gear that I could use to tweak the build… I couldn’t find the right boots. So I considered respeccing for a living weapon build altogether… again… didn’t have the right gear. So not only did the build hit a wall but this whole playthrough as a whole (Gear, Stats and all) can’t make anymore forward progress in either the main campaign or the abyss… the gear & stats are just simply not there… so yeah… thats it for me with Nioh…

Well I mean… there are cheats… but why bother ? Sigh…

Edit:

So the Combat in Hellblade is similar to the combat in Ryse Son Of Rome…

So… why does one feel so oddly boring and the other so exciting… I know Ryse simply has more combat sequences and not enough move variety to sustain it all but I feel like theres more at work here.

Agreed Ryse is amazing! Especially for its time. Hellblade could have been so much better. Im sure whatever their future projects are they will build form that formula.

So in NIoh Ive heard about this Abyss but I havent reached it yet. How do you get there?

THis is me to a T! LOL…I have to find everything and have the best gear and skins or whatever is available. I have to get my money’s worth for sure! But sometimes that can delay me finishing games for sure.

1 Like

Its unlocked when you beat the game… like actually beat it… theres one bonus mission you have to complete after the credits roll.

That being said… without the DLC you’l only be able to clear the first 30 floors before they cut you off. Which is more or less good enough since Ethereal Items start appearing on floor 21…

LoL… no dude… I meant that the other way around… I think Hellblades combat is the superior one… oh its definitely simple but theres something about it that makes it work better than Ryse… that being said… you are right… Hellblade’s combat could have been much better… although… well you saw what the game was like and what Ninja Theory were going for… would better combat make the experience better ?

I mean you could do the same for Beyond: Two Souls… alot of the mechanics in that game could be refined but really none of it had a huge impact on the experience… I thought it was great… I literally wouldn’t change anything about it… improved controlls be damned !!!

The crappy thing about Nioh’s end game is maximising is not a suggestion… you either do it or you die… :frowning:

I think just adding tools, shield, different swords, armor, bow, magic…all of that could boost Hellblades combat. Basically make it like Dark souls lol

1 Like

But then wouldn’t just basically be Horizon or Tomb Raider… ?

Either way I give up on hellblade… Its riddled with Bugs and I actually reached a point where I can’t play it past a specific section.

Edit:

I decided to torture myself with Cuphead.

So… apparently Cuphead has Character Builds… I started off with the Standard Smoke Bomb Build and now I’m rocking the worlds tiniest Axe… now I just need to do something about the size of my Bullets… they’re way too tiny.

Dude, I was sooo excited for this game and so was my wife but once i got it and played it I was disappointed and so was she with how difficult it is. Man that game is harder than Demon Souls or any game known for difficulty!

1 Like

Theres better reasons for playing Demon Souls besides the difficulty… not that you shouldn’t play it for those reasons but honestly… the Souls games aren’t difficult…

As for Cuphead… I think they really screwed themselves over with the Difficulty… it could have been unique… they had the aesthetic and everything all lined up but then they were like nah… lets be hard…

As if thats never been done before…

Lightfall also has this exact same problem… I was very enamoured with it when it started… it was super adorable but also had this cool ominous atmosphere about it… and a unique ganeplay mechanic to boot… then I reach the lagoon section and it felt Cuphead all over again… sigh… atleast it wasn’t as random… When I died in Light Fall it was because I did genuinely suck but the repition was still down right tedious.

Wasted Opportunity.

The game has had two pretty substantial patches since then… maybe I should jump back in to see whats changed.

Edit:
@FallofSeraphs76
Nope… patches did nothing… still the same old pain in The ■■■…

I just completed another Boss Fight in Furi… that game is so Amazing… I took a three month break from it… completely forgot about the controls and jumped straight back in to the 4th Boss and beat it in only two tries…

That game is really fair… still not really my thing though… I only play Furi after a different game ■■■■■ me over… it reminds me of what Fair Design feels like… infact I bought Furi knowing I wasn’t going to finish it but I wanted to support a proper challenging game… just like I did with Bastion… I’d be totally okay not being able to beat a Boss in Furi… because then I know just suck… its like Losing to Tokido… aint no shame in it… he’s better than me… he’s suppose to beat me.

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76

See what I mean ?

Adorable… Charming… Unique… but really ■■■■■■■ Annoying !!! :angry:

Well… I mean you can’t see much of that in the video because I lucked out and beat it in 3 Tries… but trust me… its more frustrating than it looks.

I’m selling my R9 280X… I’l be using my humble R7 360 until I can replace it… so I think I’l reinstall Ori and The Blind Forest and 100% it again… it really is Amazing… particularly because I can create a save spot wherever i want so I don’t have to deal with the unnecessary “Getting Back to where I died” bull ■■■■ over and over again.

Edit:
So I plug in my old R7 360 and the screen says it can’t detected a display device… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:lol… I nearly crapped myself.

Managed to get it work but I’m running into all kinds of Problems now… Thumbnails and icons aren’t appearing in my explorer… The desktop background is absent and my HDMI Audio Driver is on The Fritz…

I shall let google be my guide.

Edit 2:

■■■■■ It… I’m reinstalling windows…

Just need a hard drive to back up 6TB Of Filthy ■■■■… just joking :sweat_smile:… or am I ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Friendly moderator reminder that if you have to dodge the site censor for it, you probably shouldn’t be saying it. Intentionally dodging the censor is actually a violation of your TOS, as would be any continued comments or discussions on what you have above.

Right got it…

I can still Say “Gentleman’s Literature” right ?

Freewheeling as our discussions here may be, there are still boundaries for sexually suggestive/explicit content or conversation. So no, there shouldn’t need to be any reason to employ euphemisms for it either. Pick another topic for discussion.

Fair Enough… I should probably read the forumn Guidelines.