Nioh (PS4)

I accidentally spent my skill point on a sword skill i didnt want …ughhh… it was something after haze, like your parry and then it knocks them down. that ■■■■ doesn’t work!

I didnt want that! I wanted something else and I hit A to see the movie not thinking. I tried and tried to parry the spear guys and axe guys in medium stance and it would never work. SO Im guessing you cant parry those weapons? that sucks… oh man… this game …I can be a pain int he ■■■ some times! I mean its totally my fault but ■■■■ at least give me a " are you sure you want to buy this skill menu"!

Yeah thats Haze II… the Oki from it is great but the parry itself is terribal.

Same thing happened to me when I got my first parry for the Kusarigama… I thought it wasn’t working… then I watched the video again… its Just like Ryu’s Parry in SFV… doesn’t activate on frame 1 and has about 2 active frames…

You can totally parry those Axe and Odachi guys… don’t know about the Kusarigama weilding guys (DLC).

Its like that for all the parries… each one has varying degrees of uselesness… and I believe Haze is the one that activates the fastest… Thats why I got that one and only that one… but they straight up nerfed it so now its useless.

Its the same Story with The Dodging Mechanic… your invulnerable frames don’t activate on frame 1 and you don’t have that many of them… theres two ways to extend them though… The Tonfas and Dull Swords have a skill that extends both the invulnerability and I-Frames if you dodge in low stance… and if you have the DLC theres two armor sets the extend the invulnerability window for all your evasive moves…

As a bonus… the Tonfas have a mystic art that allow you two cancell any skill into Demon Dance at any point… very useful if you don’t want to commit to that impact Strike.

Which reminds me… @Storm179 I figured out partly why some of my inputs weren’t being registeres by the Game… so after doing an attack… it turns out that in between the Instant pulse window and the Perfect Ki Pulse window theres a tiny gap where pressing either the pulse or dodge button does absolutely nothing even if you have stamina and potential stamina… I was able to replicate it a few times with The Spear… infact thats how I discovered it… so there… it wasn’t just my imagination.

Or they can just do like DmC and let you refund the skill…

This game is always a pain… its like they looked at all the worst aspects of Dark Souls, Diablo and DMC4, Copied them… and then put them on Steroids… which is very unfortunate because its got some genuinely good mechanics underneath all the bull ■■■■.

Meanwhile in other news… my instincts were right… Demon Hunting was the Way To Go… from there I unlocked the Tokai Region and it was smooth sailing all the way to Sekigahara… where my go to Farming Mission, The Watcher In Darkness, is waiting for me… now unlike Naomasa… I’m pretty ■■■■■■■ sure I can kick Magoichi’s ■■■ consistently. but just to be safe I’ll hold off on that Mission untill I can Temper my Key Weapons…

Edit :
So I think with all that done now all I need to do is Farm some Umbracite… right now the two Twilight Missions for getting Umbracite are not Ideal… the first one wants me to Fight Yukimura again with Sasuke as back up and the 2nd is The Ogress… I can beat her no problem but my damage out put on the higher difficulties could make that boss problematic.

Luckily I don’t have to Do either of those if I don’t want to… I can just use the “Time Travelling” Exploit to recycle the twilight missions to something I can blaze through much faster.

Edit 2:
Alright… I finally managed to Get some level 300 Gear… not only that… some of them had Soul Matching Cost Reduction… I used the one that had a 90% Discount… to get a Level 250 Katana up to level 300)… so now thats my most damaging weapon. Which is unfortunate because this specific Katana was mean’t for fighting Yokai…this is bad.

Oh did I not tell you about the little quirks about Nioh’s RNG ?

See…as you already know… simply getting one trait isn’t going to make a Difference, you need to stack traits on top of traits to get any decent result out of them. But here’s the problem… Some Traits are simply not allowed to go together on a single piece of gear… first of all, since its RNG, the randomizer will simply NOT roll any two traits that may have a conflict… now you could try tempering but that is still random aswell so the RNG will not put up any of those traits for you to choose from… that way you can’t choose the one you want.

Now you could try to use brute force by circumventing the RNG all together and use soul matching to transfer a trait you want… and in that case the game will destroy that trait along with the gear if you tried to force a trait on to it during the Soul Matching Process…

Also the RNG isn’t even remotely Random… the list of Traits is not only predetermined… it also doesn’t tell you whats in the List of Possible traits at the time… in other words its possible to sit there and waste 20 000 000 Gold trying to roll for a trait that you were never going to get. Ofcourse since the list is predetermined you can simply back up a save file and then roll all your cash into Tome’s Slots… just to see all the possible traits… then if you noticed that what you want isn’t in the list then you can restore the back up and be on your merry way…

Like seriously Team Ninja… what did you we do to you that was so bad that made you hate gamers so much ? Whatever it was… I want to apologise on behalf of whoever it was that hurt you.

Edit 3 :
Damnit… Its almost 8 AM… If I want that extra Umbracite today I need to complete 5 Twilight Missions within the next hour…

LoL… dude this game’s resource is so ■■■■■■… I’d honestly rather farm Titanite Slabs in Dark Souls 3.

Edit 4 :
Boom… nailed it in 40 Minutes…

Okay now lets see what my Tempering Options are.

Edit 5:
Okay at this point I feel like Divine Drops are worthless… as far as weapons are concerned… I need Ethereal Weapons… Specifically I need Ethereal Tonfas… Sasuke’s would be ideal since his Tonfas are the only ones part of a set in the Entire Game… but Any ol’ Ethereal Tonfas will do… Tome just screwed me out of 4 000 000 Million Gold because High Attack Break wasn’t in the Reforge Table… and I forgot to make a back up save to un ■■■■ myself. Iike its not even rare so thats why kept pushing to get it… but it never came simply because it never existed in that hidden list.

I also got ■■■■■■ by the Interface when I was reforging my gauntless… see when I changed the special effects, the defensive rating on the gauntlets got lower… so when I went back out to the list… the new rating on my guantlets pushed it one level down but my cursor didn’t follow it… so when I went to Temper… it tempered The Wrong ■■■■■■■ Gloves !!! A waste of umbracite.

1 Like

So it looks like Sheath Cancelling has saved the Dual Swords… I was getting ready to retire them because Team Ninja nerfed… actually no they didn’t nerf it… They Broke the Moon Shadow Skill so that it no longer works on Way Of The Wise/Nioh… among other things like Spearfall and Haze II.

The problem is it works best with Swords and Dual Swords together… I don’t know if any other Combinations will work and even if they do I doubt they would be as potent…

Anyway it seems like I finally caught a Break… I decided to do the Fair To The Afterlife mission on Way Of The Wise… now this mission wants you to fight 5 of The Sanadu Maru Generals one after the other… lucky for me… the one I wanted was the very first one… The General Of Kigetsu… so everytime I beat him… I’l just die and start the fight from the beginning with Kigetsu ready to greet me again… I actually filled up my inventory the first time I did this… so when I did it again I empty my inventory all the way down to 200… and after 2 Hours of doing this same ■■■■… I managed to get His entire Armor to Drop The Ethereal versions…

But theres a Catch… see because its way of the wise… the armor was capped off at Level 250 (+28) so now I have to Soul match all 5 Pieces 50 levels each… Thats going to ■■■■■■■ cost… so to help with that I need to switch to the Governor’s Armor and The Centipede Spirit for the Money Bonus… or I could just sell all the divine’s I picked up…

I’m going to need a ■■■■ ton of Umbracite to Get This armor setup just right…

Unfortunately I couldn’t get the Odachi to Drop… but thats not a huge issue… its the Fanatic’s Katana that I need… its got a killer 2 Bonus that I think goes well with Kigetsu’s 6 Piece Bonus…

But here’s The Problem though… its Medium Amor and it is Heavy as ■■■■… so I’m gonna need a light weight Alternative… I was Thinking I’d go with Sasuke’s Ninja Gear but on Way Of The Nioh it doesn’t Hold Up particularly well… And that just leaves The Dragon Ninja Set… I’m not even going to bother trying to get the Ethereal version of this set… its just too much of a headache fighting that ■■■ hole. Luckily for beating him on Way of The Wise, The Ethereal version of his sword is a guaranteed Reward. So at least I have that.

Now that just leaves the Dual Swords and Tonfas… I’m really having trouble beating Sasuke… he’s not easy To Guard Break and I haven’t nailed down chasing him after the Side Step… I think thats the Key… if I can punish that one Thing Then his ■■■ is Mine !!! I’d shoot him but I haven’t configured any long range weapons for combat yet… plus I need a specific Cannon if I want really ■■■■ his ■■■■ up…

I don’t know where I’m going to get Dual Swords… uhm… I think I may already have a pair of the master’s swords but I don’t remember if they were Ethereal or not.

@FallofSeraphs76
Whats Secondary Weapon are you using to compliment your Katana ?

I use 2 kitana’s… right now I just swap inbetween rakaiu lightening, and the Yoma.***** Water?
I use the best bow I have with best stats, and I use the Negra rifle with best stats.

SLoth, Iron armor, earth shot, lightening shot… ect…

Interesting… I actually might do that myself… and if anybody asks… it was my idea :smiling_imp:

How do you know its The Best Bow ? :thinking:

And what do you mean by “Best Stats” ?

LoL… has anybody given you any crap for using Sloth ? Apperantly its looked down upon because “It Takes away Teh Skill… derpidity derp derp!!!” lol… people can be so obnoxious.

Best bow in my inventory, with the best stats for my scenario. Maybe health on head shot, or gold on human kill, ect…
No, I dont talk to anyone about Nioh except you but Ive read where ppl dont like it. I only use it on the big guys if I start having trouble. Its not my main option. My main option of combat is weaken their KI, and go for the killing blow all while trying to use that thing you like where you mix the 2 elements and get that symbol with the smoke over there head lol

1 Like

Oh okay… makes sense… Bows are kinda weak in this game so I use whatevers at the top of my list. As for The Rifle… the obvious choice is Ravenwing Rifle (it belongs to Magoichi Saika)

By the time I found out about it I was already Obsolete, so I couldn’t use it anymore… I just stuck with Lightninfmg and Makibishis.

Yeah I’ve also been trying to put together a a pear of weapons that do just that… but I ran out Umbracite. Although… I could try falling back on my Ninjutsu… nah… that won’t work…

I think I’m gonna Respec… 99 Stamina is good for nothing… it turns out I only need 30.

So I went back to do the Marobashi Farm again on way Of The Wise… for some reason the AI on this mission has changed its behavior… Normally it would let me ■■■■ its ■■■■ up but this time it went all aggressive on me whatever gap I left in my Offense it poked me in low stance… and because this is on Way Of The Wise… their low stance attacks hit like High Stance Skills…

This is bad because Marobashi is the best mission to grab those Swords… I don’t need to do The Whole Mission… I only need make it past The 2nd Master and then I honestly don’t care how many times I Die after that.

@FallofSeraphs76
Have you looked at your other Stats in the Stats Screen… in There you’l find weapon Proficiencies… these maybe usefull because you’ll earn more Samurai Points if you level up your Proficiency with each weapon, however you will only earn Samurai points up until your Profeciency reaches 300 000 for each weapon…

That being said… to unlock special Dojo Missions you need to level that Profeciency up to 500 000 for each weapon… I’m pretty sure they should have already appeared in your Dojo by now…

Anyway… do those and that will lead you on The Path to the Almighty Marobashi.

Yeah I have the kitana maxed out in proficiency. I also have the spear close? I know alot of the list has 100% and a lot has 0% lol…but I know where you are at and what you mean. I keep up with the ones that are close to 100% and try to work on completeing those challenges.

1 Like

Sigh… The first time I tried to make a Break Odachi it didn’t work out because… well I don’t remember… and now I’m trying to make another one and Tome won’t stop ■■■■■■■ me over… sigh…

You know what the problem with Trying To Reforge/Temper a weapon is ? It’s trying to get that one final perk to finish the ■■■■ thing you need to Reforge a minimum of 3 Slots to recycle the Temper Options however as your get the traits you’l start to run out of “Dummy” slots… leaving you with only one or two slots left and from there… no amount of Reforging is going to change the Temper Options…

Now Simply Tempering anything will recycle the Temper options but if history has taught me anything about this game… its that The options are Also Predetermined and will loop over and over again giving the same ■■■■■■ Options… a supee rare reseource that can only be gotten in small amounts at a fixed time interval and they can’t be bothered to make it useful…

Edit :
I just found out Hanzo can recover his Ki at its normal rate even while blocking… actually its not just Hanzo… The General Of Kigetsu did it too. I’l just Assume all the human bosses can do it. Makes things simpler.

Edit 2:
So I’ve found myself in a situation where the game just keeps throwing Ethereal Kusarigama’s at me… even if I don’t want them… and they had good damage output on them… it even gave me The Dragon Ninja’s Kusarigama which has a base CCD of 15% as a fixed trait… that plus my 200 Dexterity equals an Attack Rating of over 3000… which is funny because It doesn’t show when I actually start using it… LAME !!!

That being said… Kusarigama has a couple of Tricks up its sleeve namely you can Chain Pull into Foot Sweep for a Guaranteed Final Blow… but I’l have to break it out on Way Of The Wise/Nioh to see if they still work.

Edit 3:
Took my Yagatarasu Build out for a spin in the first DLC on Way Of The Wise… obviously something I threw together on way of The Nioh is going to steam roll over anything on Way Of The wise… but it was not fully optimized yet and it did pretty well… it struggled abit against Yokai’s but maybe I just need to Modify the Ninjutsu Tools alil bit… however when It was Boss Time with Captain Bugman the whole thing just fell apart… The Fire Shuriken where just to slow and Yagatarasu has a ■■■■■■ GST… Luckily I had The Washing Machine With Me and that was enough to Discord for the Win… Guns were obviously not viable… hopefully that won’t be an issue against the Dragon Of The North. He’s even Faster than Captain Bugman but because he’s human I just need one good shot right in between the eyes to get him to slow down…

And to make matters worse… I’m out of Glue…

Edit 4:
Test Drove The Build in a Way Of the Nioh twilight mission… now this was a level 990 with no Bosses so it was basically just Way Of The Wise on Steroids. Finally figured out how to deal with the Yokai… turns out you just have to keep pulling The Trigger until they die… The Hand Cannon Stuns them just long enough for me to get another Shot Off before they’re attack can hit me… you don’t even have to hit them in the head… its still not complete though.

Needs more plus levels and Actually I need the The Ethereal version of Both the Tatsuke Style and Lightning Hand Cannon… Tatsuke’s for General Purpose Usage (Although I’m suppose to be using The Bow for this or even The Ravenwing Rifle will do) and The Lightning Version for Human Bosses with Living Weapon Shenanigans…

That just leaves The Tools… still struggling with the Combination of what to use… Makibishi by them selves just won’t do but it seems like you can stack it with Lightning for Sloth like Results… and there in lies The Problem… Nekomata’s GST Sucks. And yet I may need him for the Passive Bonuses…

You know what… ■■■■■’em… I’m not using Kunai anyway…

Edit 5:
So didn’t manage to get a hand cannon from the usual farming spots… so I did the one thing I never wanted to do… I ventured into The Abyss… ugh !!! Hate that place. I managed to make it past floor 19 I think it was… where Mitunari and his Bull ■■■■ Amerita Spike stole my Jacket on the Cheat Build… I’m at the point in the game where it takes 3 000 000 000 Amirata to level up and I only had 2 600 000 000 when I touched down on floor 20 where that ■■■■■ Okatsu was Waiting For Me… shes just like Sasuke… they don’t follow the rules of the game and in The Abyss its Worse because they stole my items and spawned washing machines everywhere… I lost that 2 600 000 000 Amirita to that ■■■■■… and I was booted out of The Abyss on top of That.

No Biggie… I removed the The Sludge and beat her and landed on the Infamous Floor 21.

Now Floors 21 through 25 are the most important because that’s where where Defilled Gear can turn ethereal… obviously I’m not a moron… I didn’t start defiling my ■■■■ on my first run… I wanted to make it to Floor 25 first. To map out an effecient Route and to see how practical it is to beat those bosses repetitively. Hundred Eyes on floor 23 Managed scew me out of an additional 800 000 000 Amirita.

But I did come back and delete him off the face of the earth… the trick with hundred eyes is to have living weapon ready and waitinh BEFORE you even engage with him… from there its just Discord and Death.

On floor 21 is The Obsidian Samurai and he was my first Test Subject for The Lightning Cannon… It seems that hitting them square in The Chest is enough to Stagger him and hitting him right in between the Eyes will turn off his Living Weapon…

I did this much earlier to to Sakon Shima and because I was using the Lightning Cannon… one shot drained his entire Ki Reserve so I don’t know if I hit him in The Head or not… not only that… he didn’t turn LW back on so he was a pushover.

Anyway I did manage to map out my way through the necessary floors.
21 - Obsidian Samurai (Biggest problem is sludge but since it only works if he hits me then turning it off is not entirely necessary… still highly recommended though)
22 - Ogress (Discord and Move On.)
23 - Hundred Eyes (Sludge turns on automatically so definitely want to turn it off… Supa Scrolls make this so effort less I don’t even know why they bothered… Sloth os going to be an issue but with Sludge gone I can survive… from There its just Discored into Living Weapon for the kill)
24 - Onryoki (Do I even need to bother explaining it ?)
25 - Muneshige Tachibana (Amirita Spikes have to go… luckily despite how fast he is I can take care of The Spikes myself… the other threat is His attacks inflict sloth on top of lightning and these two Stack you may as well be wearing lead shoes because you’l be SOOOOOOOOOooooooooo slow… other than that… not a huge issue for my Dual Swords… those things will Guard Break anyone… including Hozoin and The Master Swordsman.

So thats the route specifically for my build…

I got so Confident in it that I Marobashi’d up 26 000 000 000 Amirita to Defile 21 equipment pieces… oh I’m not completely Crazy… ofcourse I backed up my save… LEAVE NOTHING TO CHANCE.

However I haven’t done it yet… I want to Capture it when I go for it.

@FallofSeraphs76
I think The Build is Going to be Finalized Tonight… all The Pieces are in Place… they just need some mild Reforging… also I forgot Clans were a Thing… so I need to change that too… you know… really Milk The Build For What its worth. Theres one really good Accesory that would help like fully realise it but the only way I’l get it is random chance… I think its a Medicine Case… but I’ve seen Fire Charms have it to.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but you should be in The Omi Region by now right ? … assuming you completed all the Sekigahara side missions (Kuroda’s Determination and The Watcher in Darkness). Did The Warrior Of The West set actually make it that far ? Or did you switch To Yagatarasu like I did ?

?? Man Im not as deep into Nioh as you lol… Im still at the skeleton dude in the ground. That’s after a long 4 months break. I was heavy into Nioh and streaming it from Beginning to that last battle area. Then I took a long break. I do all side missions and twilight missions before moving to the next area. So Ive done everything up to Skeleton dude. I swap armor from Warrior of the west to Raging Bull, to Red Demon, ect… just depends on the area and how I feel I want him to look.
I cant play the same game consistently for too long, I start to get bored and feel its imperfections. I have to take a break and come back fresh.

1 Like

Are all The assortment of Yokai there giving you a tough time… perhaps you could switch living weapons. Until you get more levels into Spirit, Raiken is definitely the way to go… especially with all those Crystals around.

On the first play through I figured its safe to keep a set for an entire region… However some sets like The Iga Jonin Shinbobi Gear can go Two whole regions without issue…

LoL… you have a hidden frustration meter that you have to manage. I personally like to overdose on the Frustration… really let it build up. That pain makes for a great reminder that once I’m done with the game… I aint ever going back.

1 Like

The only one that gives me real trouble is the Demon mini boss. That dude OMG… there is only 1 side mission i never completed and its at that beach area where the Demon is waiting, its just him, and he is hard as hell! OMG one shots you to easily. I cant remember the name of the side mission but its the only one i gave up on. Figured I could come back when I was stronger.

I use to enjoy raging bull set the mot but further I got I wasnt able to keep it leveled up so I switched to Warrior. BUt I like that Demon set too, but it too isnt leveling up and it doesnt drop often enough.

1 Like

Theres a Beach Area ? :open_mouth: I have no idea where you mean. You mean The one where its just Onyoki and he’s super Tanky ? I don’t remember alot of the missions because I only 100% regions on play through one… I skipped over all the cheap stuff on NG+.

Yeah as you get further alot of sets become obsolete… however near the end I noticed the game started favouring drops from The Righteous Strategist set (Y o s h i t s u g u Otani’s Stuff) hopefully all the pieces from that will drop but its not particularly good… its mostly for Living Weapon stuff.

I never used strategist…is it good? I have a ton of it.

Yes ONYOKI that is just by himself… straight out of HELL! ANd he isnt playing!

LoL… you have to be specific when it comes to “Strategist” sets because there are three of them that have that name…

One belongs to Kanbei Kuroda… that’s Nagamasa (The Guy who wears The Raging Bull) Kuroda’s dad…

The other is The Legendary Strategist Set… or The Genius Strategist… I genuinely don’t remember its name because I get confused. This one belongs to The Warrior who Unlocks your Samurai Skills… this guy is a complete jerk and cheats harder than all the other Masters. I’m not sure what this set specialises in other than it extends the window for a “Timely Guard” with The Sword.

And The Last one is The Righteous Strategist… also known as The Justice Ministry… this is what Otani wears (The first of The two Bosses in the Sekigahara main mission)… its that purple one with the white Face Curtain. This set accelerates the rate at which the Amirita Gauge builds up just alil bit and also increases The Damage Of Moon Shadow Dual Swords skill by 30%. If you managed to wear the entire set then your Strong Attacks deal 20% more Ki Damage… which I still haven’t managed to make that specific trait viable… Ki Damage is suppose to work on Yokai (& some DLC Human Bosses) but In these Instances The Lightning Hand Cannon is better at that than all The Melee weapons and Set Bonuses… you would need Earth to really make it work and that Status is really hard to stick on to any enemies…

Ah yes… I believe Thats Greater Demon Hunting… They Buffed Onryoki for That fight because once you chip off about 10% of his health… Some Axe weilding dude will emerge from The Shadows and help you… I think he’s going to able to always one shot with something regardless of how strong you get…

When Onryoki starts to become Bothersome… Discord is the way to go…

Edit :
Got some footage of The Build in Action…

The Particulars of The Build are:
● Max Out Dexterity and Skill for the Ninjutsu Tools and Rifle Damage.
● Wearing The Yagatarasu (Magoichi Saika) Set… I can’t mix and match because I need all 7 pieces for this to work since they placed the most important Bonus at the end. 20% Unlimited Ammo… the other ones like Life Recovery on Bulls Eye and Auto Target Weak Spot are kinda meh.
● Now 20% is worthless so I also managed to Get Unlimited Ammo on all the armor pieces at about 5% each… in addition to that I’m using Yagatarasu as a Primary Guardian for an Additional 26% unlimited Ammo. Obviouly my Guns Got 5% Unlimited Ammo on each of them And then to seal the deal I got an Accessory that grants yet another 4% Unlimited Ammo for a grand total of 81%… it can go higher if I use another accessory but then I would have to give up Hanzo’s Katana.
● So why am I using Hanzo’s Katana from The Iga Jonin Set ? Well it turns out its got one Of The Best set bonuses in The game and you only need 2 Pieces to get it. Recover Ninjutsu Items (Finished Using Living Weapon) 30%. Basically it resupplies 30% of my Ninja Tools whenever living weapon runs out… but I don’t think you can choose which 30% its going to stock up.
● So what are these Tools ? Well theres Quick Change (duh), FireBombs and Fire Shuriken to trigger Discord, and Tiger Running and Makibishi Balls which I have yet to use properly.
● In Addition to That I picked up The Frugality and Improvised Projectile skills from The Ninjutsu tree… Frugality helps Sustain my ammo for that 19% where my Unlimmited Ammo doesn’t Trigger and Improvised Projectiles is for that worse case Scenario should my Ammo ever run out Completely.
● But its going to be real hard for it to get to that point because I picked up Shadow Round from the Onmyo Magic to cover that last 19%… the only issue is how quickly it runs out. In addition to that I also picked up GSTs for Discord and Extraction to accelerate my amirita gauge so I can use living weapon more times. Really milk Hanzo’s Katana for all its worth.
● I’m using The Ravenwing Rifle and Tatsuke Style Hand Cannon… now Ideally I would also use The Tatsuke Style Matchlock instead of Ravenwing but since I’m not using Magoichi’s Katana I don’t have a Choice… Tatsuke Style is great because it comes with great drawing and reloading speed by default.

Theres a bunch of other tiny things but those are the essentials.

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76

And Here it is (So Far) :

I figured what better mission to Show case a long range build than in a place where there’s pretty much nothing but ranged enemies…except for The End obviously… against humans Guns are really Over Powered… especially in this wide open Space.

Made a few minor updates to the build, I swapped out Fire Damage for Reload Speed in my Ravenwing Rifle and I added a couple of plus levels to most of The Gear. Its still nof done… I’m having trouble getting The last few Traits in to The gauntlets and accessories.

Also at the End, For The Boss Fight I swapped out The Tatsuke Style Hand Cannon for the Lightning Hand Cannon… the point of using this weapon on human bosses was never to do Damage directly to Them… its to turn off that god ■■■■ living weapon and Thats The lightning Hand Cannon specialty since it does a crap ton of Ki Damage. So The Cannon is not as effect as I thought it would be…

First of all The AI Still Auto Rolls whenever you whip it out and pull the trigger so you’l have to bait out a move with a recovery so long that it will let you whip out The Cannon… aim it and Fire…

2nd Of All… notice That even though I hit Sakon right in between The Eyes…although he collapsed and fell to The Ground, his Living Weapon Stayed On… so when he got up he still had all his poise…

All things considered I still Think it was a Success… On my 2nd attempt for whatever reason he started Blocking the Cannon rather than Dodging it… hooray for me because its never a good idea to block Cannon Balls… Two blocked shots shattered his Ki and from there it was over. I think I can combine this with Paralysis for even better Results…

Should this build fall apart… I’ve got two Back Ups I can fall back on.

Edit:
FINALLY !!!.. I finally got the Shadow Round Trait on my Guantlets… its only a C+ but thats better than nothing. I also got lucky and got an accessory with that same trait but with an A scaling… this helps since I spec’d my build back to prioritising Spirit over Magic… again. Also I managed to get all the plus levels I needed into all the gear… so now its all at +40… thanks to The Crimson Fortress Twilight Mission. On Top Of That I managed to breed Thrown Weapon damage into every piece of The Iga Jonin Set and took it out for spin against Sasuke… I needed Shadow Round to make it work but it was somewhat viable…

Meanwhile in Other news…

I can confirm that Iai Quick Draw works faster if The Sword is already Sheathed… unfortunately the difference is not as Significant as Sign of Cross. At best you only shave off a few split seconds.

Also You can Double Weapon Switch… this was already in XLHGladiator’s advanced tutorial… but I only started using it now. It might come in Handy if I retire The Dual Swords for The Kusarigama… I think thats my best Scaling Weapon.

Edit 2 :
I really don’t like The Kusarigama… I think its because this weapon doesn’t go well together with Ninjutsu Build at all and yet this is the weapon that will scale the best if you do use Ninjutsu… Katana or Tonfas would have been better.

I think I need To Respec… Skill just isn’t doing it for me… maybe I can go with Heart since The Katana seems to be a constant no matter what set I use…

Edit 3:
Since I was respeccing… I decided to run a couple of experiments to help with optimization.

First things first… Fire, Paralysis and Poison doesn’t scale with anything… literally nothing at all. The Rate at which which it builds up, The Damage it does per tick and how long lasts is all fixed… sure it It can be augmented with accessories but there isn’t a single stat under the player’s controll that it scales off of… Hooray for me because I used this information to save myself 125 levels which I used to give myself an extra 2000 HP… not that it makes a difference… I still get one shotted left and right…

2nd things 2nd… The only Ninja Skills that scale off of Dexterity are Self Buffs (like Quick Change & Tiger Running) and Thrown Weapons… infact one shuriken at 5 Dexterity does about 20 Damage but at 200 Dexterity does about 504 Damage. The same is true for Damas and Fire Shuriken… both the physical and fire damage scale with Dexterity on impact… but this has no effect on The rate it accumulates or the duration it lasts… infact even at 200 Dex with Concealment, Nekomata and Thrown weapon damage 100% the damage off Damas and Fire Shuriken is non existent. They’re better suited for Discord.

Makibishi doesn’t seem to be affcted by Dexterity in anyway, shale or form… The Duration they stay on the ground and the duration they affect The Enemy is fixed. Also Makibishi isn’t a substitute for Sloth. Sloth slows down all movement except for Projectiles but Makibishi only slows down traversal speed… Attack speed is left unaltered…

I believe there are a few Skills in the Magic Tree that work the same way like Earthfolding Talisman obviously… and Protection Talismans…

GST Obviously doesn’t scale with Magic…

Anyway you get the idea…

Using my new found knowledge I went ahead turned my build upside down… reforging all the Ninja related traits out of all my weapons…

So now I’m rocking a Body & Heart Build…

Everything is still The Same… except now my damage scales off Heart and Body… this is good for The Sword because its got innate scaling with Heart… This isn’t good for my guns but I got around that by retiring The Tatsuke Style Cannon for The Lightning Cannon… The Ki Damage on Lightning Cannon is just Bonkers… it doesn’t do a lot of damage but it ■■■■■ all over Ki like its made from god ■■■■ tissue paper… so now I just need to spec my sword accordingly…

Edit 4:

Iaijutsu Tutorial.

And Ofcourse The Buffered Stance Switching Tutorial.

Now I just need The One for Guardian Spirit Switching

Edit 5:

Boom… found one… uhm… you may want to prepare your ears first.

And thats all the Advanced Techniques I know of… I make use of all of them… all though The Stance Switching Stuff is alil unnecessary. The only one you need to know is the Low Stance one… the rest is mostly for Style Points…

Quick Update… I made one adjustment to The Build… since I’ve been using Sheath Cancelling alot more often I decided I should get a weapon that actually pays off when I do land Iaijutstu… so yesterday and the day before went to The Dojo on Way Of The Nioh and farmed Hanzo… once again to get him to drop a Katana with Iai Quick Draw Damage Bonus on it… it literally took Hours… but I was lucky and it did finally Drop. I upgraded it and Replaced the old Katana… so now I’m getting an extra 24% Damage on Iai Quick Draw.

Unfortunately thats not all… now I need to do the same thing for My Dual Swords… this is going to be more difficult because The Dual Swords from The Master Swordman’s Set doesn’t have any innate Special Effects on it so I specifically need this to drop WITH Sign Of Cross Damage But WITHOUT an inheritable… Luckily I have a contigency plan if this Weapon never drops but I really hope it never comes to do that.

Also I need more damage… so I’m considering making a proper living weapon build using The Fantatic’s Set… I want this set because its chockfull of Critical Bonuses… combine that with a Guardian with High Tenacity and I should have a pretty strong boss killer. Unfortunately Fanatic Equipment is Random… no one specific NPC drops it so its not practical to farm.

Edit :
Oh I forgot to mention this earlier… Izuna Drop doesn’t work on Okatsu for some reason… now this isn’t news… Izuna Drop always has a 40% Chance Of Failing on all humans but on Okatsu specifically not only does it not work more often… she always lands square on her feet when it fails… since I have 200 Body I decided I would just get Merciless Barrage for the Spear… it works pretty much the same way .

So now I need to make sure How Paralysis Augmentation works… lol… you always have to double check with This Game.

Edit: So According to this thread:

Yes Status Augmetations Affect all methods of applying Statuses including Ninjutsu Bombos and Shurikens… which means I should be slapping Paralysis Augmentations on both my weapons, even if The weapon’s themselves have no Paralysis on them… maybe even I’m not really worried about Poison or Elements but I need That Paralysis.

Shouldn’t be too hard… I’ve been collecting that trait since forever so I can slap it on whenever I need it…

Also I managed to kill some enemies with Pierced Guard… its not worth making a build around but it is a thing… Bisha Centipede works well here… since that will allow about an extra 10% damage to seep through the opponents guard… you can get more from a clan with Pierce Guard Bonus. And even more from Tempering a skill that pierces guard… essentially turning you into The Real Muneshige Tachibana.

Edit 4 :
4 Hours later and still no Sign Of The Cross … actually thats not true… I got two Dual Swords that dropped with Sign Of the Cross but they both had inheritables… which means no spare slots…

On The Plus Side… spending 4 Hours on nothing but Marobashi allowed me to level up 100 Times and I now have 130 000 000 Gold… plus theres going to be a new set of Twilight missions today… gotta get that Umbracite.

Sigh… You know what… I’m going to keep farming until Marobasi no longer allows me to level up once per run… if the Sign Of The Cross Doesn’t Drop by Then then I’l have to give up… I need to finish Way Of The wise.

Edit 5:
And yep… I now need 5 Billion Amirita to Level Up… thats more than what I can get from Marobashi… so I have to Kiss those sweet Dual Swords goodbye…

So I got lucky today and the Twilight Mission That happen’s to be in Rotation just happens to be the most difficult one… Unyielding Hellfire… which means max level loot… Now I’m at The Boss… god ■■■■ Spearcunt #3… time to see what The Lightning Cannon can Do…

Edit 6:
LoL… holy ■■■■ the Lightning Cannon really is The Living Weapon Killer !!! I beat Yukimura in 3 Attempts… I would have totally had him if his boyfriend didn’t interupt my Quick Draw shenanigans.

Will upload the video (very blurry) tonight…

I’m juggling so many different mechanics at once that it starts to get confusing…in The 3rd Attempt I forgot to Switch Spirits and use weakness to optimise damage… Still Beat his ■■■ though… of course there is one more person I want to try this weapon on… Maria.

Now one thing I know about Maria is she doesn’t give a ■■■■ about Paralysis… lol… it builds all the way up but she just keeps going like it never happened… shes pretty much the reason why I decided to use a long Range Build… so I wana see how much she likes a Lightning Cannon To The Face…

Edit 7 :
@FallofSeraphs76
And Here it is. Now he knows what it feels like to have living weapon taken away from him… I think thats fair right ?

I like how it gives me options… a headshot will give me a short window to land a final blow and two body shots is enough to drain all his Ki… this pretty much only works because he doesn’t block…

After this video I Refind the Tatsuke Hand Cannon and Ravenwing rifle with a special effect that has a 10% Chance of Lowering The Enemy’s defenses… I did this because on Way of The Nioh using the guns alone is not enough… so with this effect I can shoot the enemy’s weak spot to knock them over then run in and Iai Quick Draw them for a big hit.

This would have been extremely useful in This boss fight because I could take out Yukimura long before His Boyfriend shows up. Oh well… next time… this Twilight Mission gave me enough loot to max out all three of my primary equipment sets to +40…

Meanwhile in other news I just got the last piece of The Fanatic Set so I just have to defile it then temper it and its good to go… which means I have to go back into The Abyss… ugh… I hate The Abyss…

I also did some Refashioning, I dresses up The Fanatic’s Armor to look like The Young Blood’s armor and I dressed up Kigetsu’s Armor to look like Yukimura’s armor… its very fancy.

Edit 8:

I went back to way of the strong and way of The Demon to pick up all the Locks of Hair… its taking too long to level up so I have to resort to Locks if I want pick up new skills…

Also sloth is Childs Play compared to paralysis… like I don’t even know why they bothered nerfing Sloth if they were just going to leave Paralysis is as…

Edit 9:
Okay with all the hair collected I’m back on track… only 4 Regions left on Way Of The Wise… ironically enough my Build was Struggling on way of the demon in the DLC Missions… I might have to Farm The Dragon Sword with Iai Quick Draw if I want more Damage…

That plus Hino Enma’s Kabuto… beyond that theres not much else I can do…

Sigh… which means I have fight that jerk… and I can’t Paralyse him so I’l have to go with the guard break combo…

Edit 10:
Man I’ve been binging on this game hard… the other games I’ve binged this hard on are Dark Sous 1 & 3, Final Fantasy XIII, President Evil 5, DmC, Rayman Legends & Bayonetta… oh and DiRT 2 & DoA5.

1 Like