Nioh (PS4)

So apparently I need to stop ■■■■■■■ around and just do the DLC because the Thats Exactly where the General Of Kigetsu’s armor is… but before I do that I need to squeeze my way past Way Of The Wise… hmmmm… I think I’l go with The Righteous Strategist For that extra Edge in my Living Weapon… which means I have to find Otani and Murder Him… again… and again… and again… sigh…

Good god The Source of Evil is no FN JOKE!!! OMG thats a tough area! The big Oni demon boss is as far as I got. Basically the first Boss of the game in the ship cabin? OH man… after all the Axe guys, spear guys, shadow NPCs, water blobs, ninja Okai demons, one eye giants and then the Oni boss just appearing for a mini battle??? …and then another on eye demon and wheel demon around the corner.??? sheeeeetttt!!! All the while the Big boss is in the pit and I have no idea how to destory the crystals and what the hell the afro comb does that magic dude gave me at the bridge…sigh… I hate to look up video and guides for answers but this level is gonnna make me rage quit like my friend did the other day and he isnt even that far in the game LOL

Well… we will try again tomorrow!

1 Like

Ninja Yokai and Fire Wheel Monks are alway a pain to go up against…

Onryoki

And really ? He’s giving you that much trouble… ? Obviously he’s troublesome if he’s got back up but get him alone and you got this !!!

LoL… that explains why you’re struggling… alright I’l give you a vague hint… These crystals aren’t like the ones in Falling Snow or Mount Hiei… infact don’t prioritse them… clear away any enemies nearby the crystal then go up to it and the rest you can figure out for yourself… or Ignore the crystals all together and pay Gasha Dokuro a visit… it will be suicide but I want you to be aware of your options.

I always look up guides… I liteally watched a full walkrough of DS3 before I played it… who needs that headache… but for Nioh I decided to go in Blind. Anyway just tag me if you need vague spoiler free hints. I 'd like to have the 250 Hours of Nioh I’ve wracked up to be of some use to someone.

It might help if you retired the Warrior Of The West set… perhaps use something you picked up in the Sekigahara Region… like Justice Ministry or Yagatarasu… or do what everybody does and succumb of the Temptation of The Red Demon set.

Booya !!! So Burning Oil Jars can be used to set yourself on fire…

So I just need something for poison and stench… Dung Balls maybe ?

Edit:

NOPE… Dung Balls are harmless… I’m honestly out of ideas… actually I do have one… Both the Axe and Odachi have moves that will inflict Sloth on you in exchange for better Ki… but I don’t know if that counts. Gotta make through the DLC first though… I’l deal with that problem on Way Of The Nioh.

Yeah Oni isnt too hard but I got impatient and just ran back to him and I got mobbed. A few times I was able to sneak past and too him one on one and he snuck me with that quick turn around punch. Im just rusty…Ill get it!

I don’t blame you… getting there takes quite a while because you gotta varefully sweep the area… you probably wouldn’t have died if you knew what was waiting in the Yokai Mist… its the surprise that kills ya… like when Gravelord Nito stabs you in the genitals while hiding in the shadows…

I used to struggle with that move… its more likely to hit you if you dodge away from it backwards…

Hey it could have been worse… he’s more dangerous when he’s go his Iron Balls. And the DLC they give him a new move.

I BELIEVE IN YOU !!!

1 Like

I just found out that Divine/Ethereal Gear goes as high as +99 in this game…

At this point I’l just assume its infinite… after all there are 999 Floors in the Abyss…

Edit:
I just found out That this game essentially permanently keeps you under its thumb every method of trying to get better gear is alway locked behind some poorly designed poorly balance pitiful excuse for a “Challenge” and the combat mechanics have nothing to do with it… so yeah… I think I’m going back to my Cheat Build and I’m Not Holding Back This Time… I’m going to use ALL the cheats.

Or I could just play Final Fantasy…

I seen some divine armor rewards in the 2 new twilight missions in my area. Level looks too high but I may give it a go.

1 Like

Which Twilight Mission is it ?

If its available then I think you can pull it off… afterall they only unlock once you beat the OG Version of that mission. So if you can do it once then you can do it again…

Plus Its good to get them Divines nice and early…

Meanwhile in Other news
I managed to find an entire set of General Kigetsu’s armor… unfortunately it’s at the wrong level so I will be scrapping it once I get back to wrapping things up on Way Of the Wise… I put it on and wow it is heavy…

LoL… attacks that I used to be able to avoid are now unavoidable because of the nerf to my dodge distance… also I think I have fewer I-frames now… and yet I’m still taking huge damage and getting guard broken… but then again I didn’t get this armor for its defenses… I got it for its Bonuses… the crit bonus is working as advertised but the status bonus doesn’t seem to be activating. Hmmmmm

And thats very unfortunate because I just found another item I can debuff myself with… its a jar filled with ■■■■… like a literal jar full of ■■■■…

Unfortunately I can’t buy or forge it… I have to farm it to get more.

I really wish the armor and weapons stats, leveling, attainment was a bit more toned down. It gets too convoluted trying to find a set you like and its hard to piece together sets ebcaue you dont get the good bonuses. Its just too much going on in that department and by the time you go through your gear and make a descison its been an Fn hour! lol

SO I end up just using the same ole armor just leveled up the more often I pick uip a higher one or leve it up myslef. If love to use the bad ■■■ red gear I got for preooredering teh game…but its like level 3! I cant level it up! I like the Gold armor that give you gold bonus but the level is so low its like waering your underwear out there! I really hope NIOH 2 goes with a basic armor and weapon system that is more easy to use, undetsand and keep leveled as you progress.

I know ppl that got turn off of NIOH just from the weapon smith portion of the game.

I spent 90 minutes just going through all my crap to see whats worth keeping a few hours ago… I managed to get my Inventory back down to 200… which seems luke alot but I’ve picked up over 1200 pieces of gear in the last four hours so 200 for wherd I am isn’t bad.

Its The Junk thats the problem… I really don’t think you would mind how long it took if you were carefully mapping out your build from a bunch of good pieces… strategically and methodically putting together your character is something I’l never enjoy but I am aware that it is thing and people enjoy that… but that is not what Nioh is… Nioh is literally 90% Junk Loot/Affixes… so all that time spent “Managing” inventory isn’t Strategic or Methodical… its busy work… its literally a chore and Team Ninja charges you $40 for the privellage of getting screwed by the RNG.

Have you played Transistor ? If not you should try it out… just to experience what its like to assign various attributes and abilities to your character… its so considerate of the fact that you are a human being and value your time…

Ah yes… the Golden Nioh armor… yeah that thing is gimmicky as ■■■■… the only thing its good for is you leave a fancy revenant behind when you get murdered while wearing it… lol

I hope for Ninja Gaiden Collection Remastered on PC… or a mod that fixes all the crap the for Nioh we have now or even Dead Or Alive Extreme being released in the west… but at the very least they should implement your idea… that being said… one of the stand out quotes from the Interview after Nioh 2’s Announcement was: “This time… The Gloves are coming Off.” So yeah… I wouldn’t rule anything out… you’d think it can’t get any worse but I’m sure they can surprise/shock us.

Theres no shortage of Frustrating things that can happen in this game… They’ve crammed RNG into everything.

Anyway regarding Soul Matching… I was wondering if you could try something for me…

You’re still using Muneshige’s set right (The Warrior of The West) ?

Go back to region 1 and murder him to get an item you already own and use to drop from him… then take it to Tome… I want you to compare the cost of Soul Matching your current gear to the next level with an item of the same type that you just grabbed from Munishige to that very same level…

Sekigahara Region should be about Level 90-120 (for gear) if I remember correctly

I’d do it myself but I don’t have any weapons that I’ve Soul Matched more than once.

So it seems like I may transition into a “Death Wish” Build… I’ve got a bunch of gear that gives me decent benefits for my health going below 30%… and a few tools that will ensure that I can reach that point… hence the name, Death Wish, but decent isn’t good enough… for this To Make it Through Way Of The Nioh… it needs to be ■■■■■■■ Unstoppable… hmmmm I think I need more Arm pieces… lol this had better work because I’ve been hording every single Nikawa Glue I’ve ever picked up… I have 37 right now so that means I can max out 5 Armor Sets to yank out those inheritables… the problem is I don’t have 5 of every type… the game simply doesn’t want to drop anything good… atleast not on Way Of The Wise…

And then there’s the whole issue with The Guardian Spirit Passive Buffs…

So apparently Tengen Kujaku gives the best Passive Buff but you have to be in High Stance and Absorb Amirita to get it, not good for Living Weapon because you can’t change stances while its on… Kara Jishi gives the 2nd Best attack buff but you have to succesfully connect with a skill to benefit from it, this is good for Sign Of The Cross Loops… but that can be an issue in living weapon if you’re not using Kusarigama… and last but not least you have everybody’s Favourite four legged friend, KATO the Gay Fox, who gives a good flat bonus all day every day no matter what… that makes Kato flexible and works with whatever. he’s like a General Purpose Living Weapon…

LoL… I don’t know what I was thinking when I leveled up Raiken… the LW itself is good but the passives are Meh…

But then we also have Bisha Centipede… this is the Poison Guardian Spirit… I might actually use that right now just to squeeze past way of the wise by throwing things at people like an ■■■… its also good for humans with unbreakable guards… unfortunately I need poison weapons to make it work… the good news is with 99 Dexterity it will let me keep using Ninjutsu and keep the Iga Jonin Set Relevent… because the Damage I’m getting off of Kunai is starting to to come up short…

Edit:

Finally Cleared out Way Of The Samuarai in its entirety, side missions, DLC… all that. You have to do this to unlock The same missions in NG+ to make it easier to Farm The Loot… I also picked up a few Onmyo Locks along the way so I get to have more jutsus without having to pour more stats into Magic… naturally they are weak because duh… only got 30 Magic so I’ve only been grabbing Utility Stuff such as Shadow Round and GST… dude… you have to grab GST… its so god ■■■■ essential !!!

Also I thought Ki Damage was useless… and it kinda is… but it turns out you need earth to make it work… Ki Damage by itself is borderline useless as is any other stat by itself…but the thing is I don’t know how to utilize earth… its great if you already trigger the muddy effect but making a build that gets to that point is whats tricky because if they block then you’re not gonna get muddy… but if they get hit by it enough times then you don’t need earth because you’re attacks are going through… in that case you may as well focus on Damage to end things quickly.

So going back will give me a higher level gear from the 1st territory? Or will it keep the level low? Because the enemy level is really low …like 1 hit low lol

Man thats way too deep for me…I cant get that deep into builds and stuff…/that would take way too many hours of play and study.

It will stay low… about level 15-20 right ? I just wanted to see the cost.

The samething can happen at any level… but you’l need a crap ton of magic + spirit + gear buffs to pull off one hit kills at higher levels…

Its actually quite fun… to think about… but all that fun goes away when you visit Tome because the RNG stops that build from being a reality.

Meanwhile in other news… I discovered a new Technique to optimize my knock down punishes… but I can’t tell you because of Spoilers :frowning: actually I did tell you in a different context but it was abit vague because I called it “The Washing Machine.” All I can say its another Execution Technique… it adds another layer on top of Ki Pulses and Stance Switching.

But you need to play the DLC before I can tell you how it works… unless if you really want to know. :smiling_imp:

Ok Ill try it but I promise its going to be about 408 million gold! lol

Last night i took 1 look at Nioh and said …Nah…i dont feel like being punished and wrecked tonight…Im gonna play some Rise of the Tomb raider LOL

LoL… it might go higher… the variable that holds the values for these numbers is so high that it puts a strain on my system… causing slow down if I earn too much amirata or do too much damage at once…

LoL… if only I was as strong willed as you.

1 Like

I think I need to make a build exclusively for Breaking Guards on Human Opponents… because their level of Stamina is insanely high so they just block all day and punish me when I get winded after two combos.

So here’s how its going work…
On my weapon I need a combination of Break and Skill Break… then I need to stack that Break with the passive bonus from Enko… which is a ■■■■■■■ 25 Points Of Raw Break Power…

And then for Jutsu I’l use Shockwave from the Onmyo section… basically this jutsu does two things… it imbues your Ki Pulses (including Living Water and Demon Dance) with a Shockwave that does huge Ki Damage two opponents caught within the small AOE… by itself its pretty lame but for really tanky humans its that extra umph I need on top of my Break Power… and the second thing it does is That Shockwave actually functions like a physical attack… if an enemy is about to attack after I recover simply doing a Ki Pulse with Shockwave is going to Interrupt their animation… ofcourse there is a down side… this effect continues in Knockdown situations so if I do it wrong I might accidentally tech the opponent up before I get my damage so I gotta practice that… if by some miracle they can with stand all that then I’l just use the Life Seal Onmyo Magic To cut off their supply of Ki while I work them over… its particularly potent on humans.

Ofcourse all the Break Power in the world will be pointless if I don’t do enough damage when they’re guard broken… and thats the problem. Its going to use up all my trait slots to give my Weapon the Break Power I need leaving me no way of dealing damage…

Unless I use a back up weapon exclusively for Post Guard Break and Knockdown Scenarios… now on that weapon I’l only have Traits that deal Damage from grappels, final blows and modifers for zero Ki enemies. It will be terribal for Combat but excellent for Milking Punishes for big Damage.

Now I test drove this on Way Of The Demon and its working well… but on Way Of The Wise they’re going to have more Ki so I need even more Break Potential. The only avenue left to get more is from Armor sets… There has to be a set some where thats specifically designed for smashing Ki… if I can just find it then I should be good for both Way of The Wise and Way Of The Nioh… maybe one of the Grace Sets will have it but those are really unreliable to build around. Hmmmmm it will be great if its a super light armor because I need the extra agility and Ki to maintain my Abare… especially against Jerks like Okatsu and Muneshige who have really long evasion distances… like when they run out of Ki they can roll away and if you chase them down they will shove a projectile up your nose… ugh… hate it when those two do that.

But the Tonfas are good at catching those better than any other weapon… infact I think that should be the Breaker and I’l have either the spear or the Katana as the punisher.

Like… The RNG is so bad that the community can’t even make a proper Wiki for half of the crap that goes on in this game.

@FallofSeraphs76
Remember that 12 000 000 Gold I had lying around… well… its only 1 000 000 Gold now. :sweat_smile:.

I was having concerns about my Dual Swords so I bred a brand new pair of swords from scratch… that plus Hanzo’s Katana bank ruptded me while I was playing the slots at Tome’s forge… but I managed to get enough Traits to Squeeze my way into Way Of The Nioh without too much trouble… Thanks to Kato… he took one for The Team… I still never managed to find that Break Armor that I need… even the Gracious Sets don’t have it.

I was too lazy to farm the Umbracite… that could have saved me Millions of Gold. But enough whining… I have news !!!

I learned the existance of another execution technique… lets call it “Sheath Cancelling” and boy oh boy it is difficult to pull off.

LoL… I don’t even know how to go about explaining it… Do You Use Iai quickdraw ?

Edit :

So now I that I’m on Way Of The Nioh I have this Dilemma… I could just play the game normally doing missions in their Proper Order… but My Build isn’t complete yet so if I do that there will will be no content left for me to actually use my build once I complete it…

So maybe I should use that list I made to skip regions so I can reach the point in the game where Level 300 loot starts to drop and use that to Finish my build… then I can go back and use my complete build to do the remaining Missions in their proper Order… but this is gonna be hard because the Enemies are gonna be Hella Resistant to Damage.

And I’m broke on Top Of all that… luckily the DLC has both a set and a Guardian Spirit that increases the amount of Gold Enemies drop… I think I could maybe wear it… maybe…just because its super light and even at 99 Stamina I still can NOT wear Medium Armor and run like a Ninja.

Damnit and I’m on the last difficulty with No Umbracite… this is Bad… like I had to burn through my Umbracite to make it through Way Of The Wise and lol my plan was to save it for Nioh but the game forced my hand.

Hmmmmm… What do you think ? Theres alot to do and I don’t know where to start.

Edit 2:
Its The Weekend… I’m gonna binge on Nioh so hard untill I vommit just from the sheer amount of grinding…

Oh my god… The Game nerfed Haze…

So there I am trying to beat Naomasa on Way Of The Nioh… and I was out of my depth… so I was like… okay… let me try Parrying… so the first time I go for it I catch him nice and clean… then I’m like : “Okay its knock down punish time” and before I can even Turn around Naomasa shoves a spear up my ■■■… and I was like “Wait… what ? Where was my knock down ?”

So I go check my My Sword Skills and I do own Haze II… but for whatever reason you’re not allowed to equip this skill on Way Of The Nioh… WHY !!!

Seriously what the ■■■■ is Team Ninja’s problem… parries aren’t that good to begin with and the attacks are borderline unreactable… and yet the nerfed it anyway. Sigh… ■■■■■■■ Jerks !!!

Sigh… Okay… so human Opponents are off the Table… I need to unlock the next region… I suppose I could try Demon Hunting… Its just Onryoki with Balls and Blue Demon Heads for Back Up… ah ■■■■ it… its not him thats the problem… its all the other Yokai standing in the way in between. Theres going to be Fire Wheel Monks and Ninja Yokai Mobs there.

Jesus…

Well the good news is I think I may have discovered a good use for the Ki Damage… its for those jerks with the Infinite Living Weapons… which is basically everyone in Way of The Nioh… Ki Damage is better than break power on them simply because the developers altered their AI to be more aggressive now that they can’t be staggered… I suppose this means Combo Type Weapons are useful again…

Sigh… okay… let me just push my way to the Tokai Region and then we’l reassess our options…

Honestly… right now I’m feeling The Bisha Centipede…its not even that good… but The Poison could be just what I’m missing… that plus Earth Living Weapon…

Or maybe I could try Sheeshaw’s Hot Younger Sister… Jam !!! Now shes good because in addtion to an okay Tenacity she hulks out with an additional 20% Attack Damage while in a critical state… but I need Kigetsu’s armor for that… I suppose I can get that… Kigetsu is the very first Revenant in the Fare… so I only need to kill him… Those other Jerks can kiss my ■■■ !!!