Nioh (PS4)

So I finally caved and used everybody’s Favourite Cheese…

Carnage Stacked with Leeching stacked with all the Crit Perks then I cast weakness on him and it stacks with all that other crap… This gave me 25 000 Damage for each Sign Of The Cross I land on him… before that it was only 4000 Damage… and to make sure he doesn’t block it I got 6 GST’s packed with Daiba-Washi’s Heart Healthy Tornados to knock him flat on his ■■■ every ten seconds… And Quick Change so I can survive atleast 3 times whenever He cheats me.

Sigh… so I beat him… no Ki Pulse… no Stance Change… pretty much just like Dark Souls… it was unsatisfying. :frowning:

I did the Samething to Giant Toad but worse… I Discorded him with The Washing Machine and Stun Locked him to death with Water Sword so he died faster… again… not satisfying… because I didn’t really do anything… it was all RNG. Water Sword actually works better on him because he doesn’t get pushed away like other Yokai.

And to round off just how annoying this all was I had to use that stupid Red Demon Setup that you see everywhere.

Edit:

@FallofSeraphs76

Pro Tip… The Dojo missions scale with the Difficuly’s level cap… why is this important you ask ?

Well it turns out all equipment smithing texts that you have grinded and grinded for are rendered completely useless by Tome’s incompetence on Way Of The Demon, Wise and Nioh. So to get the equipment you need at the approriate level for that difficulty you’l have to Grind for it the good old fashioned way… this can be an issue if you want Hanzo’s Iga Jonin set because well… the only missions on the map where you can get it are unsuitable for grinding because its a ■■■■ gank fest… so if you want to get him alone, the Way of The Ninja Veteran & Dancing Tonfas Dojo missions are ideal for farming the Iga Jonin set… be warned though. You won’t have your guardian spirit or the ability to choose from your own weapons to take him down… so you might wana learn how to Tonfa.

So how do you unlock’em ? Well thats the tricky part… you’l have to beat all the missions in specific regions to unlock dojo missions. For Way of the Ninja veteran… you’l have to clear out the entire Choguko Region.

I have no idea how to unlock Dancing Tonfas.

Meanwhile in other news… I just discovered that Twilight missions reset at 8AM in my country… so I want to use that to my advantage.

My Sekiro preorder and new posters, lanyard and button pin got my hyped up for some NIOH! lol its the closest I can get to Sekiro right now! SO I plan on playing tonight!

1 Like

How far are you anyway ? Way of Strong ?

Also remember my Optimized Damage with The Spear Knockdown ? Turns out it wasn’t optomized enough… apparently human opponents will stay down long enough for me to land a perfect Ki Pulse for the Temporary Damage bonus… oh but wait… theres… the Ki Pulse was done from low stance… and its a two hit punish in high stance… now this is tricky but I found out you theres a just big enough gap after the first hit for me two do another perfectly timed Ki Pulse for a second Damage Bonus in high stance WHILE THE FIRST DAMAGE BONUS IS STILL ACTIVE :smiley: so when I finally do the 2nd hit of the punish its double buffed… the Damage is great (it won’t kill though) and the Oki is stronger because of the extra Ki I get from waiting.

I did the samething with the Dual Sword’s Iaijutsu (Sign Of The Cross) but its significantly way more difficult… ofcourse if you get it right It might have more uses outside of kock downs.

I tried the same thing with The Odachi and The Katana but the draw is way too slow… not to mention I get hit while doing it.

i didnt get to play, my KI stream went on for 4 hours and many many sets and new followers so I had to keep it going…Ill do Nioh tomorrow and let you know hwere IM at.

1 Like

So I fired up NIOH since Im just obsessed with Sekiro right now lol…since I got 2 posters, a lanyard, and a button for pre ordering Im super hyped. So Nioh is the closest I have to fullfilling my Sekiro dreams. Im rusty, real rusty, but here is where I’m at in Nioh.

Sekigahara Region
All Twilight missions complete that are currentl available.
All main missions and sub missions within complete excpt for…“The Source of Evil” which also has a sub mission within called "Kuroda’s Determination"

THere is one small SUb mission Im warming up on to shake the rust called “Desperate Retreat”.
THats where Im at on teh end of that mission fighting the mob of enemies.

I ran out of arrows and rifle bullets so I had to retreat backto Tome to buy some items, eat super, and then Ill pick back up there and then head towards theend of this region and the Source of Evil.

IM running a Warrior of the West full set up except for the BOW, I dont have it. I was running the Kingo’s Armor set but that wasnt working well in this area for some reason.

Im running the Raikiri (lightening) and Nami-oyogi Kanemitsu (water)
Sakai Rifle and Sigedo Longbow

1 Like

Oh you’re going to love this one. :smiling_imp:

Its annoying that you have to give up all mission progress just to go and get some arrows… or buy anything really… why can’t you just buy them at the shrine ? Sigh :frowning:

Anyway if you’re using your Ranged Weapons like its a ■■■■ FPS Game then you could try The Shadow Round Magic Skill… although you need to have raised your Magic Stat if you want it to last at all.

If you can figure out a way to murder Muneshige very very quickly then you can farm him for the Smithing Text for the bow… for where you are in the game I would say the Spear Fall Cheese method would be the best… it works better if you got GST’s… its important to get and use the smithing texts on your first two playthroughs because beyond that theres nothing Tome can do for you.

WHo is Mushige again? Have i already fouhgt him? Your saying fight him again and agin auntil I get the text? But wouldnt that mean Id have to make a standaed bow? I like to use purrple rare stuff if possible?

The Real Warrior Of The West… Muneshige Tachibana.

Yep… But only if you really like that set more than anything in the world…

LoL… Ah yes thats poor presentation on Team Ninja’s part… in the forge section every piece of equipment will appear white in the list and will also have zero special effects but thats the poor presentation I mentioned earlier… you actually can get Forge Purple items… simply look up… nar the top you’l see a row of percentages that show you the likely hood of getting a the rare or exotic versions of those items… you can improve the odds by offering Exotic Materials to shift the odds of getting the Exotic version… and yes… the game will straight up ■■■■■ you out of your Gold and Materials by giving you the white version when the purple version had tripple the likelyhood. Thats where save scumming comes into play…

I did too…

Really whether or not you believe its worth headache is going to depend on how invested you on the game to beat it on all the difficulties.

For a single playthrough none of it matters… you can beat the game by tossing on whatever you pick up lying on the ground like I did but if you decide to press on pretty much every single feature becomes useless… Smithing Texts, Forging, Soul Matching (for levels), Consumable Items, Dismantelling… all that crap becomes obsolete.

The stuff that still works are Soul Matching (for Traits) and Reforging (or Tempering).

I started the game over just to see how hard I can get screwed if I don’t cheat by using infinite Items. Or farm a dude with one hit Kills.

Edit :
@FallofSeraphs76
If you want hang on to your Warrior Of The West gear (because its pretty neat) I think I have an idea you can try…

So I’m sure by now you may have seen some equipment with the “Soul Matching Cost Reduction 50%” Trait in one of its slots… its purple so its kinda rare…

Anyway rather than trying to Soul Match low level gear up to the level cap… you could try Soul Matching one of these equipments with the special trait to the level cap… and then use that as a material to Soul Match the low level gear that you want to keep…

Now this is very important… this won’t really be viable if the Cost reduction gear level is too close the level of the gear you want to keep… you’l want it to be quite a few levels above it to minimize costs as much as possible…

So for me it costs 100 000 Gold to Soul Match a single helmet from Level 150 to level 190… I know that seems expensive but I’ve got 10 000 000 Gold so… yeah I’m Rich (pretend rich)… now that helmet had a 70% Cost Reduction on it so if I have another level 150 Helmet I wanted to keep then it would only cost 33 000 to Soul Match it… but like I said before… thats dumb because both those helmets are level 150 so it would be cheaper to just Soul Match only the one I want to keep…

So yeah… I hope that helps… be sure to lock any gear that has that Cost Reduction Trait.

as long as it has a higher level than the gear you want to keep it will be of value.

There are some items that you can use to hurt yourself… hmmmm…

Well why would you want to do that you ask ?

Well it turns out theres an armor set that gives you damage bonuses for suffering status ailments… and it stacks the more starus ailments you get inflicted with…

Which means if you can set yourself on fire then poison yourself and then cover yourself with ■■■■ for the stench effect then then you can become the ultimate glass cannon… Pop Living Weapon so you can absorb a few hits while you dish out the damage…

I think thats what I need… but first I need a way to debuff myself…

Lets start with Burning Oil Jars…

Sorry to bother. How do You folks use money in this game? I started 4th region, and still have no clue how to use currency properly. Also some random tips of what I can do in this game? I do not have any difficulty issues, but the amount of content is overwhelming. There is so much to uncover. I’m absolutely lovin the game, Ninja Gaiden was my first console game. I really like the Yuki-Onna design in this game.

Yeah the crafting of weapons is a btich!! I dont mes with it…id rather steal it off a dead guy lol… one of the grave demons…but thats all luck too…just like the gambling of your smithing items. Tried it once and got Fdd hard!

BTW my friend that loves Souls stuff I got him into NIoh and he is at the same erea I am maybe a little further…something about chasing Kelly through tunnels? He had a melt down and uninstalled on stream and wanted to break this disc in half and piissss on it , but it was his cousins disc so he didnt ! lol

2 Likes

Hmmmm… perhaps he’s talking about Mount Ibuki… if he is infact further than you… its hard to tell because you rarely see that ■■■■■■■.

LoL… I feel like if you push past this phase, you level up your Tolerance… at this rate I could play Cat Mario without getting phased.

There are some side missions that allow you to do this easilly… for me, its The Watcher in Darkness/Bearer Ill Tidings… its one if those missions where if you complete it, you don’t get locked into a room… I can literally reach the boss in 30 seconds and after I beat him I just ran outside and pick everything up… to improve my odds I put on my Farming Gear (yes… that is a thing… They even have a whole set dedicated to farming crap).

LoL… I saw a reddit it thread of some guy who got this kick ■■■ Kusarigama with all the traits I need for my build… and I’m like: “You Lucky Son of ■■■■■ !!! I hate you so much !!!”.

Anyway so it looks like my lil experiment paid off… you know how you can change the date on your phone so you can get more lives on Candy Crush ? You can do the exact same thing to the Twilight Missions in Nioh (Offline)…

This is good if you really need that almighty Umbracite to do your Tempering with.

You know what the best part is ? If theres one twilight mission that you know you can blaze through regardless of difficulty then you can keep changing the Date until you get it… again… for me its The Bearer Of Ill Tidings…

LoL… some how my Ninjutsu build has turned into a Living Weapon Build by Accident… I only wanted enough Spirit to get the Passive Bonusus for Nekomata’s Guardian Spirit (Thrown Weapon Damage)… and this inadvertently made Kato’s Living Weapon significantly Stronger… so I kept pouring Souls Into Spirit and now I can Sustain Living Weapon for quite a while… I literally cleared out half of one mission’s enemies off one single living weapon Rampage including two revenants. Pretty strong… but it can be stronger…I just need the right armor to make it work… something with light with Crits.

1 Like

I mainly use money for soul matching favored weapons or items to keep them up to par level wise. Costs rise super quick though when soul matching, so it’s not something you can do recklessly. If reforging something’s appearance costs money, I also use it for that. Every once in a while I’ll also spend money stocking up on arrows, but that’s pretty rare since the game is pretty generous with them.

In terms of item content, I found that I enjoyed just using things as necessary or as the item description caught my eye. The game has a billion items, but most of them aren’t necessary for progress so I didn’t bother too much with them.

2 Likes

This seems to be how the mechanic is suppose to be used… but…

Pretty Much… :frowning:
An effective way of using Soul Matching on all difficulties is just to transfer inheritable traits… so in lower levels you can hang on to any gear with good traits and then transfer those to higher level weapons… its so affordable that the only thing thats going to limit how often you can do it is simply not having enough time or whetstones to max out the Familiarity.

I do this for any gear that obscures Anji’s Face… which is funny because this dude has no emotional reaction to anything tjat goes in the narrative… I also did this once for an entire set because I wanted to be a Youngblood without having to actually wear that heavy young blood set… its basically the Nioh equivalent of Dark Soul’s Iconic Elite Knight armor… it was fun while it lasted but I had to scrap it when I moved on to the next region.

If you find something that can damage or debuff Anji himself will you let me know ? I need it for the General Of Kigetsu’s Armor…

Edit:

Just did some testing… so it turns on way of the Demon… Soul Matching a level 150 weapon all the way up to level 200 costs about 3 000 000 Million Gold… now this wouldn’t be so bad on Way Of The Nioh but its way too soon to spend 3 000 000 Gold even if I currently have 12 000 000 Gold…

Luckily thanks to Marobashi cheese I got some level 200 Gear with Soul Matching Cost Reduction as high as 80% and thats without max familiarity so it can go up to 90% maybe if I grind in it… so I slid that piece Into Soul Matching and it reduced the cost from 3 000 000 all the way down to 20 000. :open_mouth:

So if I can just get a cheese setup that works on Way Of The Nioh then I can really Soul Match anything right up to where I need it… infact my build right now is exclusively designed to beat that one mission in of the Nioh… its way too good… you gotta have it.

You know what the funny thing is… when you’re on the last two difficulties, Gear without Inheritable Traits is as actually more valuable than the gear that does have inheritable traits… simply because they have they same amount of slots.

I soul match 1-2 ,level at a time and use NPC gear pieces (you have duplicates of)to make it cheaper. anything above 1-2 levels costs way too much…the problem is remembering to do this every 1 -2 times you level up! lol Which i never do.

Much if you are looking to souls match search through all gear, not just hat for hat… match a 36 hat to a 38 shoe. it will cost less if its like a warrior of the west piece your matching up too.

1 Like

Does that actually work ?

In my experience the difference between level 50 and level 51 is pretty much non existent… its not worth it especially in the long run because the cumulative cost of all that Soul Matching can get really expensive… that plus theres another two tiers above Purple so your gonna have toss it out anyway…

I mean if you Soul match an item you’ve never Soul Matched before then you can comfortably go beyond 1-2 levels…

How much Gold do you have anyway… ?

True… but believe or not… in NG+ you’re going to want to intentionally Soul Match Gauntlets to Boots and Jackets to stack special effects together… uhm… you’re not going to want to do this with weapons though… simply because weapons don’t have those typez of Traits that Armor does so its best to stick with Soul Matching spears with other spears and Odachis with other Odachis… ofcourse I break this rule because sometimes I really need something on my Odachi that my spear has…

Meanwhile in other news… I just mastered the Sign Of Cross Cheese Loop… well… “mastered” is a bit of a stretch… I’ve become good enough at it to build my character around it… LOL… if I had to do this technique in real life I would probably chop both my arms off by accident… it seems like such an impractical animation.

It was an example of how to understand how to keep it cheap. But if you dont do it soon and wait till its 10 level up you wont be able to afford it and will have to move onto a new weapon that maybe you dont enjoy. If you want your favorite weapon to stay leveled up this is the only way Ive found to do so and Ive forgot many times and had to move to a new weapon.

1 Like

Hmmmmm… I should try this…

Hmmmm… Better Back Up that save so I don’t suffer any consequences… I need that gold.

1 Like

Firing up Nioh now! The Source of Evil here I come! First attempt!

1 Like

You Show That Evil Who’s Boss !!! :hugs:

Now you probably don’t want to do this but you can hop down and square off against Gasha Dokuro at anytime… if you’re confident in your build you can wrap up that mission up in 2 Minutes…

Edit:

So it turns out that you can still make use of Smithing Texts on Way Of The Demon… you just have take whatever you smith into the Absyss (Basically Chalice Dungeons) with you and Defile them…

LoL… this is stupid because the Abyss is actually much more difficult than the campaign… so if you actually can make it through the Abyss then you’ve proven that you don’t need better gear… this game is chockful of ■■■ backwards design.