Nioh (PS4)

@FallofSeraphs76
@BigBadAndy
@Storm179

WOOOOOH !!!

Break out the Champain, Boys !!! I finally complete Nioh (Except the Side missions).

See… that wasn’t so bad…

Aren’t you glad its over ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good job, glad you stuck with it through out all the perils and tribulations lol

Honestly all this talk about NIOH has had me wanting to play it every day when I get home. I just havent pulled the trigger becasue I know once I do Ill be living NIOH for a month or so.

1 Like

Yeah I also have difficulty tearing myself away from RPGs… thats why I’m still playing Nioh…

To make things easier I started cheating… Bumped all my Stats to 99 and upped my crafting resources… if I can get the game to feel like less like an RPG then Its easier for me to walk away from it.

Its a good thing you can replay any mission because I wana go back with infinite health and see whats wrong with the dodging mechanic… I’ve heard alot of people claim that the I-Frames are not where we expect them to be… some say they’re in the middle… some say they’re on frame one. Either way… I shall find out…Speaking of Which… theres an armor set in the DLC That Grants extra I-Frames… I tried using it… saw no difference. Its just like DS3’s Crathus Blood Ring… they only added two extra I-Frames so it was practically pointless… Looks like nothing can beat Dark Souls 1’s Dark Wood Grain Ring… that thing plus Havel’s Ring = Fully Armored Ninja.

Edit:

@FallofSeraphs76

Remember that thing I told you about the Spear’s Charge Move. Well it turns out The Tonfas also have the same move that also triggers a Sitdown Stun… only it doesn’t go as far… speaking of Which… You can’t use Flash Attack if you have Demon Dance or Fuidity enabled for the Tonfa and Spear… luckily you can disable skills in the skill menu. That being said… I honestly don’t know what I would use Flash Attack For… I mean… you saw that guy use it alot in the video but it was mostly for style points.

Also a Tip for the DLC… it turns out the Bosses aren’t completely Stagger Proof… A Hand Cannon Ball to The Head might knock them down…

Ofcourse this is not viable because Cannon’s are slow, The Aiming is wonky, The AI reads your inputs, The Projectiles have Travel Time, The Target is Tiny and the Boss aint gonna wait for you. But its literally the only thing that works… so uhm… yeah…

So it turns out you get a Free Plunging Attack with the Spear in Low Stance whenever you want… not sure what this is good for because Plunging Attacks are highly unpredictable… but its something… oh and you can’t Ki Pulse this move… so uhm… you better know what you’re doing before you go flying through the air like ■■■■ Grayson.

Dude… The two piece Bonus from the iga Jonin Set is awesome… Combine that With Yasikana Magatama and you’l be the Popping Living Weapon More often… I can use it to swap out one of my Quick change scrolls and add some god ■■■■ Makibishis into my arsenal… because I really need those.

Oh… before I forget… I was wrong about Flash Attack… you can use it after Spear Stance Change. I haven’t tried it with Demon Dance but I assume it works there too.

What build are you running righ now anyway ? Something Tanky ?

Edit 2:

Actually what build is everybody using ?
@BoJima404 @Storm179 @TallerGorilla95 @BigBadAndy

The odds say at least one of you is using Red Demon or Tatanashi… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LoL… Skipped Way Of Strong… jumping right into way of the Demon. :smiling_imp:

Edit: wow… some real heavy hitters here. But as long as I can trigger Discord then they aint ■■■■ !!!

So the Equipment Grind has started again and I have to throw away all my gear… sigh… and I was so close to getting my Yagatarasu just right… :frowning:

So… if I do make it to the Tokai Region… whats to stop me from just Skipping To the next playthrough like I did to Way Of The Strong… I mean… all you need is a good Living Weapon to take out Hundred Eyes and you’re good to go… plus you’l have have Muneshige and Naomasa available for farming right out of the gate each time… not that I like that set but hey… its there.

And another other thing… it turns out you’re suppose to use Soul Match The Other Way Around… its too expensive to try and get your Gear Up to the right level… its more feasible to just try to Get your already high level gear to inherit one special effect from each piece of your old gear… especially if you took the time to Breed in special effects that simply don’t appear one some parts of your gear… for example… You can never get Bare Handed Attack Damage on your Boots… rather you have to find a pair of gauntlets that have Bare Handed attack as an inheritable trait… and then breed those into a pair of Boots… then when you step into Way Of The New Game plus… you simply breed those boots into a set of new boots.

Edit : 2

LoL… just touched down in Way Of The Wise… HOLY ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ !!!

I mean… first thing I did was pay Naomasa a visit… lol… they took away my Cheese Loops, Just as I expected but I still managed to ■■■■ him up… eventually…

And then I accepted Muneshige’s Invitation… yep… he is Also immune to Cheese Loops accept I just can’t beat him… because his Guardian Spirit is way better than Ii’s.

It wasn’t until I did The prologue mission that I realised just how rough ■■■■ has gotten because a Fiend just one shotted me for a whopping 7600 Damage… there’s now way for the player to amass that amount of health on Way Of The Wise so I think its safe to say they (Team Ninja) were being jerks on purpose.

Also just got two ethereal armor pieces, Not sure what I’m suppose to do with these…

Just a pure Dexterity/Ninjustu build last time I played (a few months ago I believe it’s been now). I basically just spammed shuriken and kunai for most of the bosses in this playthrough, with light stance kusarigama spam for certain bosses. I honestly did it as a joke since I don’t typically do glass cannon characters in Souls-type games but I beat the game with it either way.

1 Like

Every build in this game is a glass cannon… I’m rocking 5300 HP and Medium Armor and I’m still getting one shotted. You need onmyo magic if you want to tank anything…

I started with Magic… but wow… it hits a limit very quickly in this game… I prefer Spear and Tonfas but I barely use them… I’m always using whatever weapon is at the top of my inventory… I Like Kusarhama purely for its ability to apply status effects… thats pretty much the only way I know how to use it… I build up one element with Kusarigama and then spam Guardian Talismans… with any luck I’l trigger Discord and that will be that.

@FallofSeraphs76
Do you know your Max Damage Punishes and Oki Setups ?

Apparently there are some OTG attacks you can use that will not tech the opponent… so after a parry or an Izuna Drop… you can hit the opponent with a fully charged Sign Of The Cross or Iaijutsu and still have time to get The Final Blow and then get one free hit after that as they get up.

Some weapons like the Tonfas and Axes don’t have crap like this… but you can use jutsus to set up those shenanigans… for example if your weapon doesn’t have Iaijutsu then you can use a spell as an OTG such as Weakness and then as they get up you smack’em with whatever your hardest hitting charge move is… I’ve seen Bosses Get One Shotted by shenanigans like this… which is why the DLC Bosses are so ■■■■■■■ tanky…

Nah man I havent dove that deep into the technical side of the game. I just play it like the average Souls player lol

1 Like

Well… that’s how you’re suppose to play it… none of the things i share with you are even remotely useful… RNG Is the Ultimate Decider in this game… and its really Annoying… :frowning:

I’m just trying to hit the level cap so I can play this game properly…

Im not far from returning to NIOH though…last night I gave it a long stare as I was deciding what game I wanted to plya… I went with SFV and bought the S3 DLC pack… played a bit of G and Sagat. meh

1 Like

LoL…sounds like progress.

Oh man… I’m so disspointed… I finally Mastered Punishing with Mountain Breaker and the damage is so dissapointing…

Oh before I forget… I made a list of missions that more or less lead to an efficient route to The Queen’s Eyes Mission. Now these missions are either Really short but difficult or somewhat long but easy with the help of Sneaky Ninjutsu.

Request From Ginchiyo.

Bridge Of Bone

Guardian Of The Underworld

Kanbei and The Over Lord.

Death To Bandits

Red Oni of the Ii

Invitation From The Warrior Of The West

Demon Hunting

Greater Demon Hunting

Giant Frog Brawl

The Seven Good Tidings

Champion Of The East

The Watcher of Darkness or whatever its called. (Really this mission is just for me because I got the Magoichi Boss Fight down to a ■■■■■■■ science)

The Demon’s Daughter

The Unrepentant Thief

The Ogress

The Disappearing Ranjatai

The Three Souls

And maybe 3 or 4 other missions on top that and you should be able to skip straight to The Queens Eyes…

Damnnn dude youve really dug deep into this game…Im impressed. I dont know any of hte names…aka eye patch girl, vampire girl, crying lady with claws, fire bird dude, hot waifu that gets possessed… and so on…lolol

1 Like

LoL… I made the list while the game was running… wrote everything down as it happened.

Unfortunately that list is mostly for Way Of The Strong and Way Of The Demon.

On Way Of The Wise they decided to give some bosses back up… I mean they do 4000 - 8000 Damage… what the hell were they thinking…

Also be warned… they placed Dogs/Foxes in missions that don’t originally have dogs/foxes for the express purpose of punishing you for trying to be sneaky… I mean… it didn’t stop me but they did catch me off guard… lol… I barely scraped through a Twilight Mission to get that almighty Divine Umbracite…

Addendum: I think the enemies are not trying to kill you… they’re trying to knock you of your living weapon state… its the the only thing that would explain why they do so much damage… way beyond how much HP the player can actually have… hmmm… I need to experiment with more Guardian Spirits… I thought Daiba-Washi (the green bird you can choose at the beginning) had the best cheese but thats only for humans . For Yokai’s… so far I found Gyokuto (The Ninja Waifu’s Rabbit) to be pretty ■■■■ potent against Yokai. Neither of Them have Might so I’m not using them to muscle through enemies… thats what I have Suzaku for (I don’t even know where I got this one from)… although even it can’t sustain an 8000 Damage Hit…

If I can just find a good Water Spirit then I’l be Sorted… because Water plus Discord is a damaging combination…

Atleast I finally got some Tonfas I can use… so I’m having a little but of fun…

Edit :

So I found a more optimal Punish for the Spear after a knock down…

So after I knock someone down… I run behind them and then take two steps back… switch to High Stance and use the normal attack to hit the downed NPC with that overhead move (You have to step back because this attack will make william move forward and miss)… then I take one step back and do the final blow… then I take two steps back and do the full high stance 2 normal hits into Spearfall combo… on Way of The Samurai/Strong/Demon this is a loop… you can do it as long as you got stamina doesn’t work in the DLC Though, it also doesn’t work on characters that have moves that you don’t have like Muneshige and Shima Sakon…

on Way Of The Wise however… I have to modify it abit… so after The Spearfall oki… the Spear won’t knock down again for another 8 seconds atleast… instead you’l get a Stagger… so all I do is switch to Low Stance… move forward then use normal attack then Ki Pulse… since I have fluidity this will hit the opponent with no Stamina cost to me… then I walk forward into normal attack then Ki pulse… and over and over again until atleast 10 Seconds go by…

Then I do Spearfall to get the Knock Down and do the whole thing all over again…

This doesn’t work on Marobashi because some of the masters have gigantic Ki reserves. In that case you have Paralysis Loops.

Edit 2:
So in addition to straight up nerfing some of the Cheese Abuse it looks like Team Ninja also Gave many of the enemies new moves…

Unfortunately it seems like the inspiration behind the new moves didn’t come from a desire to make the game more interesting. They just wanted to stop the Cheese Abuse… for example a bunch of Enemies now have moves that prevent you from lingering behind them… the worst example is Giant Toad who now has this extremely wide and long attack animation that he whips out if you stand behind him… and on top of that its got a follow up combo to prevent you from Punishing it.

Anyway I beat him by incorporating something new into my Gameplay… Using both my Guardian Spirits at the Same time…

See when you use GST (Guardian Spirit Talisman) theres only one requirement, you need to have you Spirit on you… and thats it… it doesn’t have to be Active nor does it get affected by other Guardian Spirits so in the case of Guardian Spirits that have a Damage Over Time AOE like Gyokuto and the Old man… all I had to do was whip out GST then switch Spirits immediately and whipout GST again… this gave me a lightning charged washing machine… a perfect storm for a Discord Debuff… unfortunately even with discord I still wasn’t doing enough damage… so I activate living weapon… but I still wasn’t doing enough Damage… and discord wore off so Toad just smacks me out of it…

So I dipped into my Bag Of tricks and whipped out an Extraction Talisman…

Simply put… I activate Extraction to both Build Living Weapon and Maintain it for longer… and thats when I discovered something… you can change spirits in the middle of your living weapon to change the type of elemental attack damage you… ofcourse doing this taked a huge chunk off the Living Weapon Gauge but allowed me to get another Discord to deal more damage…

But that ■■■■■■■ still wasn’t dead… so I activated tiger running and improvised projectile and ran to the end of the stage and gave him a mouth full of Iron from my cannon… 5 Times… then it was over… and I wasn’t even using my Yagatarasu Equipment… well… I couldn’t even if I wanted to simply because that set was obsolute so I needed a new set… which I can get now because Toad was the last Boss Fight I needed to unlock the Sekigaraha Region…

And as I expected… Saika Magoichi was a pushover… I wanted his set so badly that I did this fight so many times to the point I can do it in my sleep with 4 Different weapons… This is very unfortunate. The loot grind is causing the quality and spectacle of the boss fights to dwindle… they shouldn’t have been so greedy with the loot…

Anyway… now I have to Farm his set… Again… I don’t know if A long Range Build is practical for completing Way Of The Wise but meh… its either this or Red Demon.

1 Like

LoL… I gotta make it to Way Of The Nioh…

I don’t even want to beat way of The Nioh… I have no desire to get that far… I just want make Tome’s Forge Hit The Level Cap… so I only need to do… maybe one mission on the Omi Region.

But First Lets Grind for that armor… so that we can throw it away again.

Edit :

Yep… Called It… My set became obsolete in only two missions…

No matter… I managed to unlock The Queen’s Eyes… however I wanted to Boost the lower level limit at Tome’s Forge for more consistent upgrades… so I went to the DLC to pay Sasuke a Visit… that little ■■■■ got new moves and It looks like they extended the Invulnerability on his Dodge… or rather they extended the travel distance on it so the God Of Wind loop no longer works… I switched to the spear but same thing… I managed to grind him down eventually…

So then I was off to Visit Dee Boy… I really wanted to see how the Washing Machine would fair against that ■■■■■■■… it was rough… I needed to get my shenanigans started before he got his shenanigans started… trying to switch guardian spirits mid living weapon was really taxing on the living weapon guage and it would run out long before I could trigger Discord…

I feel like that fight is basically an Amirita Tug Of War… because you’l be trying to steal Amirita from him and He’l be trying do the same… whoever steals the most… wins!!!

Anyway… finally made it to Way of The Nioh… and as always… the first thing I sid was pay my favourite punching bag a visit… Naomasa hasn’t changed… so all the Wise Cheese still works… you just need more of it to grind down his giant Health pool.

Edit 2:
Got to make the final push to Level 300 so I can start forging all my Sets…

Like I just want to reach the point where this ■■■■ doesn’t matter anymore…

Edit 3:

I remember when I finally got Sheeshaw Back and I couldn’t wait to bust her out one some enemies… I remember how utterly ■■■■■■ that Guardian Spirit was… I switched back to my default and never looked at her again… I mean shes be far the worst Spirit in the game…

Her Living Weapon has Only a 6% Attack damage increase, lasts for 10 seconds and only has 600 might… and the passives aren’t a real game changer either.

During one of my Farm Sessions I decided to give Sheeshaw another shot… and I think I figured out what her trick is… its her Amirita Gauge… it fills up pretty ■■■■■■■ fast… combine it with Extraction and you can run around popping living weapon every where you go because you can build it up again so quickly… I actually walked in the a Boss Fight with an empty guage and 3 Direct hits was enough to build up living weapon… I used Living Weapon twice in a row in that fight…

She’s still pretty ■■■■■■ though… I mean water damage is great but only 6% damage isn’t good enough for how short it is… I don’t know… I’l try it again when I hit 300…

@FallofSeraphs76
LoL… I’m Tapping out… I just got my ■■■ Thoroughly handed to me by Muneshigi and his Shenanigans…

LoL… I’m gonna play some DMC4 To Detox…

LoL… yeah this game defeated me… hard.

Which one is MUeshigi? Is that the guy that looks like the guy from tekken?

1 Like

LoL… Wow… its literally impossible to make that question any less specific.

Most people call him Tachibana or just “That jerk with the lightning sword and puppy”… but thats his last name I think… his name is Muneshige Tachibana… he’s mostly known by his proper title The Warrior Of The West.

you first encounter him in The Spirit Stone Slumbers main mission (The one where Edward Kelly transforms into Muneshige… ) then when he’s all patched up… he invites you to get your ■■■ kicked by the real deal.

Edit :

Finally Got Tome’s Forge to hit The Final Level Cap at 300… that means I no longer need to Abandom my Builds Anymore…

Like… thats all I wanted… I just wanted to keep my ■■■■ so I can actually Role Play… why does TN make grind 200 Hours just to reach this point. :frowning_face:

Sigh…

Okay so my character is actually kitted for a Ninjutsu build but really I wanted to play Long Range with the Ravenwing Match Lock… if I can just get my guns to scale with Dex than I should be solid… sigh… This will be the last time I’l have to deal with Tome and her RNG ■■■■■■■■■

Ok I know warrior of the west… I was thinking the guy witht eh mask that floats around and has the demon mask and special sword. He is int he tent area of the big battle ground stage.

THe tekken fighter with the Oni mask… who is that?

1 Like

LoL… Yoshimitsu ?

Oh you mean ■■■■■■■■■■ Otani… nah he’s a push over… granted I’ve only fought him on Way Of The Strong. But I reckon I could take him on Way Of The Nioh…

One time I fended both him and Mitsunari Off simultaneously… for about 30 seconds.

Edit :

Oh it looks like the website censored the ■■■■ in Y O S H I T S U G U

LoL… I have 30 Minutes of Footage showing NPC Auto-Dodging my Ravenwing Rifle…

Look I get that it would be pretty stupid if I could just run to The Other Side of The Arena and Blast the Boss in The Face for 4000 Damage per shot… but thats my Build… thats where I get my Damage… because, for whatever reason, my Melee Weapons are Weak.

I need a Tatsuke Style Handcannon… Tatsuke Style Fire Arms always have A Speed Perk and cannot be removed… I couls add one to my Current Cannon but the beauty of the Tatsuke Guns is The Speed Perk appears on its own seperate Slot… so you don’t even have to give anything up…

Atleast now I know and have proof that The AI is reading my Inputs… and This isn’t good in the Muneshige fight because he exploits the fact that he’s got 50 000 HP… so whenever I press a button he’l activate Iaijutsu and Armor through my attack and hit me for before I can recover… even in Low Stance.

He also has So Much Ki that kicking Techniques are pointless… he’s just going to Auto-Roll away and even if you do catch him it recovers faster than your Ki despite the fact that he’s Blocking…

Edit :

Oh for ■■■■’s sake… stop Taking Away my Damage !!! These NPC Bosses are the worst. Okay now I want know exactly what Team Ninja were thinking when they were “Balancing” this game. Like I won’t even say anything… I just want some closure.