Nintendo NX Reveal AKA Nintendo Switch

Nintendo has Just Confirmed that the NX is now called Nintendo Switch.

Update: Every Developer and or Publisher is confirmed for Nintendo Switch. http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/20/every-game-and-developer-confirmed-for-the-nintendo-switch

1 Like

Aww! You beat me to punch!

Well at least it’s finally getting revealed though

1 Like

Sorry M8 don’t h8

And i hope i Get a new F-Zero

3 Likes

But…Fast Racing Neo though lol

1 Like

Well… yeah that was a good game.

4 Likes

My reaction!

2 Likes

Same here with questions

But they’ve got 3rd Party Support FOR ONCE

2 Likes

Cool! Nintendo Switch look good! But… They should bring Custom Robo back!

1 Like

Agreed. & they need to bring back F-Zero

2 Likes

Hmm, this could be the first Nintendo I have bought since the Gamecube.

It actually seems like a legit console but a little more diverse in terms of how you can play it. I like it.

2 Likes

Saving up the money now…

It will also be my first since the Gamecube. I like the fact that I can take it places. Start a game and finish it elsewhere. Cool concept.

1 Like

looks intriguing, but I’m not willing to put any money up yet. Need to see it in action, read some hands on, and just generally suss out all the smoke and mirrors.

1 Like

Now all they need to do is confirm a new Mr. Game & Watch game.

1 Like

Looks good. I might buy it.

1 Like

Meh.

1 Like

I don’t have a Wii U so if Backwards compatability is a thing on it, I will be buying it for sure.

1 Like

As someone that still feels a bit burned by the Wii-U, I was fully expecting to dislike the NX. I must say that I came away VERY impressed! It’s a natural evolution of the Wii-U, but the fact that you can now take it anywhere, it’s multiplayer friendly on the go, and it looks incredibly sleek and stylish… It looks like a really cool piece of tech that has practical applications and doesn’t rely on gimmicks that developers won’t know what to do anything with. On that front, it’s probably the most excited I’ve been for a Nintendo system since the Super NES.

However, I see a lot of people on the internet talking about how 3rd party’s back because Nintendo showed a list of the companies supporting it. They had a similar list back at the launch of the Wii U as well. So I’m not sold on that front yet, as the 3rd party support dried up within a year.

As much as I love Nintendo games, the third party support will go a long way in determining the ultimate viability of this system. If people see companies pulling out left and right after a lukewarm launch, public perception will follow and we could easily see a repeat of the Wii-U.

Gloom and doom aside though, I’m assuming people will be lured in by the tech itself (much more so than the Wii U), and I’m also assuming that the price point will be reasonable. I’m going to guess $300. I think Nintendo’s in a good position to do something different, but not in a “look at what you can do, now here’s a ton of shovelware because no one knows how to program for it” kind of way. This is a regular console combined with a regular portable device and both appear to be done really well.

My hats off to Nintendo. I’m still cautiously optimistic, but I love what I see so far. I just hope it sells well enough out of the gate to gain long term viability in the form of first and third party support. I really want this to succeed because it seems like a really cool idea.

1 Like

It’s cool to see how Nintendo comes up with new stuff like this and using all they have learned since they started making games. Let’s not forget when gaming became great, lets not forget why many of us bought an X1 to play KI :wink:
Lets not forget who Mario Bros really was and where he came from.
Thanks Nintendo for making Videogames, thanks for everything.

PS: I hardly recognise myself as a Nintendo person, I was always more of a Sega person. But I’ve never had so much fun again playing videogames like the time I played Super Mario Wii and Donkey Kong Country returns. My Gosh! so glorius!!

5 Likes

Just saw this video, and here’s my reactions:
…Skyrim??? OMG!!! And a normal friggin controller!!!

…that’s about all that excited me…

1 Like