NEW! Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2- PS3/PS4/PC Spring '17 - Baiken & Answer

Thanks to you I realize that it’s on sale this week on Steam, lol.
I have no idea yet but I know that I’ll be picking up two characters (for specific match ups). One is going to be the business Ninja and the other should come from the current cast.

Messed around with haehyun for a bit and I think I’ll stick with her for now. She’s got a lot of stuff I like–chunky buttons, big damage, interesting oki, and fairly sensible combo routes. Only thing I’m not really understanding is how she’s supposed to do big damage once she corners the opponent.

Hurtbox seems quite large. It would hurt my sloppy style of play, hehe.

I am thinking of a zoner or a character that lays traps. Answer seems about right but then I would like to also have another character with other strengths. Just as a backup.

I have always wanted to play GG. Finally got a new laptop that might be able to run it.

If I can play I would love to start off with Faust. He looks hilarious and fun to play with.

GGs. I am still at the stage figuring out what Sol’s normals and specials do. Haven’t learned any combos yet nor some of the deeper game mechanics. So bear with me, lol. After I get the basics down I will switch to another character :slight_smile:

You should definitely play through the tutorial and mission modes. They’ll teach you a lot of what you need to know.

Quick question, guys. I currently own Rev on Ps3. Is it worth upgrading to the Ps4 version?
Is anything better on it?

Yes, I’ve started and in the middle of that. Very, very good stuff.

@WonderRed101 not sure. Anyone else knows?

I would recommend investigating whether the REV2 update is going to be available for PS3, because I think that would be the main decision-maker for me if I already owned both PS systems.

So…question…is Rev2 an update or another game? cause I kinda lost track of what’s been up with that.

add-on/expansion.

Rev 2 will be on PS3. It will only be available as a DLC update though (PS4 will have a full retail version).

As for PS3 vs PS4, PS3 is fine. PS4 is mainly graphical upgrades, and some of the more intense stages don’t lag on PS4 but do on PS3 (Edinburgh, Skywalk, etc.)

PS3 version runs from 50-60 fps while the PS4 maintains 60fps.

I don’t think I’m ever going to get past my distaste for YRC lol. I think it’s a really, really bad mechanic. Here’s hoping they make changes in rev2.

Didn’t want to create another topic so thought I would bring this thread back from the dead.

Now that I think I have a computer that would be able to run it would it even be worth it to buy GG Rev now with Rev2 coming out next month? They haven’t made it public on the cost difference would be if you already had GGRev and are upgrading to Rev2 right?

If you’re on PC then you won’t be able to purchase Rev 2 as a standalone game, you will have to buy Revelator and then the DLC upgrade. The standalone version is only for PS4.
Also it’s been said that The upgrade will be half-price (20$) as opposed to a full price (40$) upgrade.

2 Likes

Some random stuff with answer

Answer is so cool. Might have a new husbando, now that Testament isn’t in the game. :heart:
Though I do like Raven and Sin as well. ^^

Can someone explain to me the purpose of The Dust Attack in this game ?

The most use it has is if you do the low crouching version which is a sweep for most characters… but in a game with all kinds of crazy ■■■■ going and lightning fast gameplay The Dusty Attack seems so gosh darn slow.

I don’t think theres anything unsafe enough to punish with it… theres little to no way to combo into it its too slow to be a combo starter itself let it alone a combo extender…

Does it have armor ? Is it invincible ? Whats the deal yo ?

Raw dust is an overhead. People get hit with raw overheads all the time. Some do have special properties (Faust’s is invincible for instance), but most just are what they are. Some characters’ dust attacks are faster and pretty useful (Baiken), while others are slower and seldom seen (Haehyun). Ramlethal’s side dust is used in combos. Really just depends on the character.

1 Like