NEW! Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2- PS3/PS4/PC Spring '17 - Baiken & Answer

Thanks Storm…thats actually really helpful… was racking my brain up how I would incorporate Dust into a viable strategy.

Hooray for Faust !!!

Especially in GG… theres no shortage of trickery you can use to slip even a Slow Overhead on an Unsuspecting opponent. After all one can simply steal Orchid’s Trick and hide it behind an explosion… pretty sure Elphelt can do this with her Strawberry Bombs.

Alright… Got alil bit more practice and knowledge of the game and some character specifics…

Lets try watching Evo Japan again and see if I can tell what the hell is going on this time…

Edit:

Wow… Nobody plays this Game… lol… SHOCKING !!!

1 Like

On the topic of Execution I wanted to debunk the myth that you don’t have input a sequence of moves too quickly…

Which is funny this happened because people who say “Its Not That Hard” were trying to debunk the myth that you do, in fact, have to input the moves super fast.

This is actually a word choice problem… so heres how it actually works.

You DO have to input the moves Quickly.
But you DON’T have to do the inputs so soon.

Using Jump Cancelling in Guilty Gear as an Example…when trying to Jump Cancel a move into another move only for the sequence to fall apart… the expert trying to help would claim you’re doing the whole sequence too FAST when in actuallity you’re actually doing the sequence too SOON… you still have to do the actual input fast but you have to have timed delays inbetween the fast cancels… otherwise the ■■■■ just won’t work.

And with that… my Oppinion being “Theres no such thing as too fast in a Fighting Game” Remains Uncontested.

BTW… Guilty Gear has a very inconistent Input Buffer.

One last thing… For a game with so many moves that cancel into all sorts of crazy ■■■■… Theres pretty much ZERO combo Variety… atleast not compared to Street Fighter.

I bring this up because I keep hearing one of the things people love about Airdash fighters is how many different types of combos you can do. And for the few characterz that I’ve dabbled with… their moves have specific properties and send the opponent flying in very specific ways and only specific moves will connect after that… the combos can pretty much only be modified in two ways most of the time and trying to do anything else just results in the Combo falling apart because Of the Stun proration/Deterioration.

You have to Roman Cancel to get any sort of Nuance into your combos and even then its usually just used to either reposition your character so you can do a BnB Chain or in Baiken’s case to get Kabari (The Chain/Claw) to connect… because this move literally doesn’t combo from anything… not even on Counter Hit… and even then the follow ups from the Kabari don’t Combo either… I believe only one in each of them combos…

LoL… its so Restrictive… and repetitive…

You’d think with ■■■■ like, Dizzy’s Fish, Ramlethal’s Talking Moonlight Greatswords, Elphelts Strawberry Grenade and Jack-O’s servants would allow more freedom since they are essentially Assissts… they allow the point character to do ■■■■ while a disjointed hitbox attacks the opponent independently. And yeah on some level this allows more nuanced and unconventional combos that even Roman Cancels can’t replicate… but the Hitstun on these moves is so absurdly tiny that that outside of Specific Setups these don’t really convert into anything…

Like even in street fighter I can Toss out Kolin’s Ice Ball (Which is really Crappy) with no setup and convert something off it on the fly but I’ve rarely seen this happen in Guilty… Shout outs to Nage the japanese player who plays Faust for working super hard for comboing off MiniFaust… hammers and Bomb Combos…

So yeah… I just wanted whine about this because I found it very confusing…