New Games on your playlist for 2019?

So I see a lot of great looking games coming out in the next few months and beyond for 2019. What games are you looking most forward too? Here are a few that I have on my list. Maybe there are some Im not aware of or thinking of that others can share amongst the group!

@BigBadAndy @xSkeletalx @TheNinjaOstrich @BoJima404 @R1stormrider @NitricZenith @Iago407
Metro Exodus
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
Ace Combat 7
Anthem
Resident Evil 2
Days Gone
MK 11

1 Like

Resident evil 2 remake is my dream game, can’t believe it’s nearly here.
Onimusha HD.
Ori and the will of the wisps.
Sekiro: shadows die twice.
Metro Exodus.

Those are the games I’m most looking forward to off the top of my head.
I’m a big fan of sea of thieves also so I’m looking forward to what’s to come in 2019 for that title.

1 Like

Im playing Metro Last Light in preparation of Metro Exodus and…WOW! I’m really enjoying this game so far! Much better than Metro 2033. I got bored with that one pretty quick. Last light has good pacing so far!

Onimushu is a remake too isn’t it? Or a remaster? I wonder how RE2 is going to control like? Thats the only thing that worries me. I never liked the controls in RE games. RE7 was fine, but that was 1st person.
THe main games for me is Sekiro and Metro Exodus. I also want to get Ace combat for VR.

Mortal Kombat 11
Anthem
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
(list is subject to be updated)

1 Like

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Doom Eternal
Mortal Kombat 11
Omno
Scorn

(For now, that is)

1 Like

Ok, bear in mind I’m bound by being a PC only user and by budget constraints, but I’m eagerly anticipating whatever happens with both Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Death Stranding (release date, some time in the distant future maybe?) and also Cyberpunk 2077, although the only game I’ve listed here with a solid PC release date is Sekiro.

Hey, one can always hope for a port or two if nothing else, right? :grinning:

1 Like

Mortal Kombat 11 is all I have in mind at the moment.

3 Likes

Dead or alive 6. I was not very interested at first but the gameplay looks so smooth. Also the newly added moves are sweet (ceiling combos?!).

2 Likes

Doom Eternal! Forgot about that one…thanks!
Scorn…that sounds familiar…I cant recall what that one is but I know it was bad asss whatever it is.

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76 Resident Evil was heavily inspired by the original Alone in the Dark games for PC (not the ■■■■■■ reboot from a few years ago). The controls made a lot of sense using the arrow keys on a keyboard - especially in the early days of 3D polygons. This was long before Mario 64 showed how to use an analog stick and make an intuitive control scheme in a 3D space. Anyhoo…

I’m looking forward to MK11 (I think) and DoA6. The big Monster Hunter Works Iceborn expansion coming next Fall. Otherwise I already have a pile of stuff I haven’t played…

Onimusha is just a HD rerelease. Nothing major other than a resolution bump. It’s not even the best version of the game, they should have remastered the superior original Xbox version other than the ps2 version too.

I’m a fan of the game regardless though and it’s only £15, can’t complain.

Resident evil 2 remake controls like any other modern over the shoulder game. No more tank controls! The original is in my top five games so I love that they’ve added new areas and scenarios in the new one so I’ve got some surprises to look forward to!

1 Like

You’re welcome, fellow Doom fan :smile: :sunglasses:

From a year ago
1 Like

Didn’t DOA4 kinda have those? 6 does look good but I’m feeling it will be lacking content at launch.

Yeah, lots of games suffer from this these days.
Don’t know if earlier DoA entries had ceiling combos. I skipped two entries before doa5.

@FallofSeraphs76 also the new devil may cry is on my list. Shenmue 3 also.

1 Like

metroid prime 4
streets of rage 4
doom eternal

and the big one, cyberpunk 2077. that is probably the only game im truly hyped for, other than that not much else is catching my attention these days or that i can remember. i am just having too much fun on soul calibur 6 and enjoying myself playing some old PC games like warzone 2100, which i found for free online!

im now getting my interest in RTS games back after i fired up Ashes of the Singularity on steam last week. its a complex fairly large scale RTS game with lots of action to go around, though i find myself struggling on the micro side of things. i go into battle and i forget i have a base that needs upgrading and such. still tons of fun, and its a gorgeous game overall especially when you start seeing the tracers and projectiles flying towards their targets. it needs a pretty decent PC gaming rig to really enjoy though, it gave my old 970 GTX a run for its money, and now that i have a 1070 strix its much much better

2 Likes

In no particular order, I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the following;

Crackdown 3
Dead or Alive 6
Anthem
Resident Evil 2 (potentially)
Metro Exodus
The Division 2
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Gears of War 5
Skull & Bones
Samurai Showdown
Cyberpunk 2077
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

I’ve got a lot of games I own now that I still want to play more, and I don’t spend as much time playing games as I normally do, so I don’t know how many of those games I’ll end up buying, or at least buying right away at release.

2 Likes

There are some great games coming out this year on all three systems, no doubt. I’d say these are the ones I’m looking forward to the most:

Mortal Kombat 11
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Refueled
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dead or Alive 6
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Gears of War 5 (this is coming in 2019, I’d assume, right?)
Ace Combat 7
Anthem (really torn on this one. Love Bioware games, don’t love playing with others :slightly_frowning_face:)
Onimusha HD
Streets of Rage 4
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Team Sonic Racing
Tunic
Ghosts of Tsushima (not 100% sure it’s coming this year, but seems likely?)
Crackdown 3
Gears Tactics (if it winds up making its way to XB1)
Devil May Cry 5
Kingdom Hearts 3 (didn’t play the first two or its spinoffs, so I’m still on the fence here)
Samurai Showdown
Skull & Bones (still might need to see more on this, but I’m definitely intrigued)

2 Likes

i WAS going to add alien blackout to my list. but alas, its a ■■■■■■■ piece of ■■■■ worthless garbage ■■■■■■■■ mobile game. yup. ■■■■■■■ mobile.

I’m interested in pretty much every notable title coming out this year that everyone else has been listing. Only ones I’m reserved about are Division 2 and Anthem just because big live service games have a very spotty track record, especially when they launch. Haven’t seen anyone mention The Last of Us Part 2, which I’m also looking forward to.