New Combo Trait Confirmed for 3.4 Update

well, look who reappeared

Lol me?

Now you see me

5 Likes

VERTIGO! hugs Vertigo. Hey bud! Welcome back to the boards! :slight_smile:

I am a ninja, after all. Lol

I’m always around, but with my lack of knowledge of S3, I’m in no real position to give advice outside of the generic fighting game variety. But this new patch news and new combo trait possibility has me very interested.

thats the actual point of all sadira’s players are complaining. and i think they know that too . that should be crazy and stupid to dont adjust her damages in the same way while changing her combat trait.

lmao, noooo im referring to vertigo haha

A am really exited to see what this combo trait is about. It will probably be something air or web related. I personally hope it allows Sadira to do an aerial ender, (or enders.) If that is the case, maybe the second hit of air to air heavy Widow’s Bite could transition in to an Izuna Drop? And Sadira could use webs to wrap the opponent, similar to Rock Lee’s Primary Lotus. (But with web instead of cloth)

Though
 That might look weird when it is used on Aganos or Gargos. It already looks weird when Mira uses Embrace on those characters, so maybe it could happen.

1 Like

Seriously one of the best damn fights in the entire anime using my top 2 favorite charecters from the series. I would love an aerial ender similar to this move. Even if it’s not a drop attack surrounding them in webs and throwing them/kicking them around like Spider-Man or more appropriately rock lee hidden lotus from the same fight would be just as cool

1 Like

That is why the PC version needs mods.

Soon/If they are a thing im giving Sadira a Spiderman/Venom suit.

1 Like

If you ask me a Spider-girl mod would be better suited for Sadira than Spider-man or Venom.

1 Like

She already has auto double medium kick I hope she gets more but not easily breaking please lol

Yeah I’ve been banging the “full air combos” drum for a while and really hope that’s it. Being able to start a combo on the ground, launch the opponent, and actually do an auto, a linker, auto, and an ender would be really cool.

Maybe they could even give her a few different ender options in air? I wouldn’t mind seeing:

Air Widow’s Bite - Ground Bounce
Web Cling - Advantage
Blade Demon (perhaps a horizontal version of this move done in air) - Damage

Maybe two of the three. One of them should be a damage ender.

Either way, REALLY hope this happens! If not, it almost makes me wonder how much they might rework her around this new trait. Maybe they emphasize something completely new in her ground game and go away from the air a bit? Hope not

Okay, a Spider-Gwen skin for Sadira NEEDS to happen now:

4 Likes

Yes please!

A lot is being made about damage, and I don’t think Sadira needs a damage buff, I think the WHOLE GAME needs a damage buff. Something that has been a theme in the balance changes/adjustments since season two started is IG has been trying to get rid of one chance breaks and short combos in general. They really want us to do long combos and play the combo breaker/counter game. Issue is, fighting game players are smart, and we realize that the risk/reward for long combos isn’t worth while.

In Season three, the attempt to get us to do long combos was an overall damage nerf across the cast. I think this is one of the reasons KI isn’t as fun to watch as it once was, as now players still do short combos, but the damage is less, so you get a lot more short combos. Plus, the manual changes in Season 2 normalized them across the cast, which is fine for beginners, but took away this cool technical aspect of the game, and made it to where guessing lights or mediums had a better chance at breaking. I did the math one time and guessing light was like 40ish % in the defender’s favor, simply b/c of the options after the linker. Plus, difficult manuals are a better way of dealing with someone who is guess breaking, which was rampant in S2, but ridiculous in S3.

The damage issue really hurts Sadira b/c all your attacks and approaches come with serious risk. Being able to hit hard was a serious advantage in S2, and I think this system wide nerf hurts some characters more than others, but it is a problem within the whole game.

2 Likes

Nah, one chances and guess breaking were all over S2 as well. S3 doesn’t really have any more for any real reason, and only a few characters got damage nerfs to justify this anyway.

I don’t know about you, but this years Combo Breaker (for me) was one of the hypest KI tournaments I’ve seen to date because of the risks the players were taking and getting rewarded. One chance breaks are not the optimal way to play the game; people just think that because they get guess broken a few times despite the low odds of them actually getting guess broken.

1 Like

I don’t get this? If you buff everyone damage sadira still ends up doing less damage than the whole cast. And then the heavy hitters will run rampant through the game. Raam with more damage? Thunder with more damage??? Fulgore with more damage??? Mira with more damage??? Tusk, jago, Aganos!

I don’t think this will help sadira but at best have no little to no change and at worst cause other charecters to be broken. A

cast wide damage buff isn’t the awnser to sadira problems nor get rid of one chance into setup over and over(after all, all u did was increase the damage of those same one chance you were trying to get rid of)

1 Like

The heavy hitters you speak of are comprised mostly of, what has clearly been established, as broken/unbalanced characters in the current season. Many characters make their mark on big damage, but they are balanced with less tools. Let’s examine Thunder as an example. He’s always been a big damage character, just watch season one footage. But back then he didn’t have this air travel DP bs he got in S3. His mobility options were much more limited, so big damage was the way that he was balanced. I would argue with you that the problem with Thunder wouldn’t be more damage, but his mobility with the big damage. IG nerfs damage across the board and gives Thunder more (and ridiculous) mobility options. Damage doesn’t make a character powerful or run rampant, tool set does. Fulgore is powerful b/c of his tools, Jago is powerful b/c of his tools, Mira
 Fulgore isn’t killing you b/c he does big damage, it’s b/c of his options, same goes for Jago, Raam, etc.

But I agree with you on the matter that a character wide damage boost would have to be partnered with a reevaluation of many of the characters tools. Using Thunder again as an example, I wouldn’t buff his damage w/o removing some of his mobility options. Problem with that is I don’t know if he can survive against S2 and above characters with less mobility.

What is going to help Sadira are more options, but I stand by my original post that I’d like to see the damage returned to S2 levels.

2 Likes

Pro level players play mainly with short combos, one or two chances. That’s not saying they play like that exclusively, but it’s the norm. Part of that is strategy, part of that is managing the KV meter, as it fills up quickly with all those light attacks. You can see this in CB2016 with many of the players in top 8. If you watch some random KI stream, you’ll get longer combos, but pros know that they’re good enough to open you up multiple times, so doing a higher risk longer combo isn’t going to be as fruitful as a 2 lesser risk shorter combos. The damage is virtually even.

1 Like