New character revealed: Shin Hisako!

I just bought her. You can catch me outside. How 'bout dat.

1 Like

I’ve been playing her since late last night and she just feels really wonky and difficult to use. I really like her, but she just doesn’t seem as easy and straight forward as they made her out to be.

1 Like

I like everything about her EXCEPT
INSTINCT
by far the worst instinct in the game! It sucks being on the buggy receiving end of it and its not very “useful for a hype comeback” IMO

It really needs to be reworked. Besides that she is pretty Fn sick!

4 Likes

I don’t think her instinct ability needs to be reworked, but it could use something extra. Maybe something similar to Sadira’s instinct jump cancelling? Or something with the spirit orbs?

Only done a little bit of lab time with her, but does cancelling her Rekka into Spirit Slice make it safe? It’s still -15, but she puts quite a bit of distance between her and the opponent when she goes through them.
Edit: Looks like the opponent can jump out of it if they’re fast.

I don’t think so. It does a decent free chunk of damage that’s almost garenteed. It completely changes the flow of the match as the enemy runs away or starts jumping to avoid the hands. There are also frame traps and resets that you can do on top of the hands that makes them get hit by the hands if they neutral jump, attack/dp, or block.

No there is not enough distance between you and them, plus they can shadow counter the delayed hit, i think with some orb shenanigans you may avoid the punish

Yeah if you have an orb close to the opponent the projectile can cover you (frame date says its 0) and make specials safe.

A spirit slice escape using an orb requires the orb to be in front of Hisako and far enough away from the opponent, which makes setting that up seem very unrealistic. I’m just wondering if her rekka combo trait can play into any clever safe on block strings, but it doesn’t seem so.

Welp Day 1 Shin Sako has been a let down. Wifi to bad to play. When I do get to play everyone else plays her. Since I hate mirror matches I usually let them play her. :sob: GG. That aside I think I rekt Osomatsu from the KI world cup with my scrubby Killgore.

Its buggy and its not smooth. Its super lame when it just grabs you straight out of freeze. You know what I mean. If it worked the way you say all the time then maybe it would be cool but its not like that at all.

Her instinct is definitely MASSIVELY useful.

In my first 30 games against her, my only conclusion is this:

LET IT HIT YOU, AND TAKE THE DAMAGE!

You cant do ANYTHING to stop this from hitting you except jump in the air, or attack first, and BOTH of them cause you to eat EVEN MORE DAMAGE if you fail. When you are knocked down while on top of the hands, its GG until you give up and let it hit you.

If she is far away, zoning is still a great idea, as you cant prevent being put in a bad situation.

But, if you have the thought “I need to get out of this somehow”

Its already too late.

1 Like

It disrupts the flow of the match
 I find it to be lame. Im sure someone will make it look great and all tech savvy eventually but right now
 its a yolo move that just not very entertaining IMO from either side of the coin.
You all can try and justify it all you want
but this is how I feel about it at the moment.

IM sure if someone known said the same thing I am, every one would be all " yeah bro your right! F that ■■■■! " lol

1 Like

Story of my life

I mean
 I played 30 games against it before i made my opinion, so i hope you realize i’m not trying to take any side
 especially for any bandwagon purposes.

If her instinct doesnt make you panic, nothing in fighting games will.

I imagine in the future, the tech wont actually evolve too much, but players will start to realize that you SHOULDNT use it whenever you want, you should wait until you have corner position and knockdown, and IF POSSIBLE, wait untill you are sure the hit will kill them. Its unavoidable damage, so the timing is more important than the implementation.

I cant wait to see Shin Hisako evolve.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is as much the case, but more that it is an abrupt stop to the main flow of the game. Kinda like a super move from Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat’s X-Ray moves. You get hit, and then both parts just have to wait a few seconds for it to be over. So it breaks the flow.

From what I can read, that seems to be the main concern of @FallofSeraphs76.

2 Likes

What Im saying is right now the many matches I played, all I seen was it hitting straight out of the freeze frame with no opportunity to even see it coming. The screen skips, shutters, and then you get hit
disrupting the flow of the match.
I think it could be better, maybe it shouldn’t come out immediately? Maybe it should pop instinct, give her some sort of buff and then you can summon the hands when you want to kind of like Shagos Instinct where you can use it when ever and its over.
I dont like that it comes out immediately and can possibly hit immediately before you get a chance to make a killer set up.

Does that make more sense?

1 Like

Ok:

Point 1:

By “breaking the flow of the match” i now realize you were talking about the ANIMATION and how it stops the game. Right?

Point 2:

You dont like that it is unavoidable if it is activated when you are unable to move. Right?

(or are you saying that it is actually unavoidable NO MATTER WHAT if you are standing in front of them?)

1 Like

Yes, the jittery frame animation.

Yes, when you are head to head, mid move, she pops instinct, the freeze frame, then you are immedietly grabbed all in like 0 frames. then you have to wait for the animation. It just doesn’t flow well when it goes down like that.

Now when it happens and you are bale to jump around and try to avoid it
cool. works as intended.

But the whole pop and hit all in 0 frames
 I dont like it going to waste that way and I dont like gettting hit that way.

If you could hold up and jump out just like Annihilation
 then It would be fine
 maybe you can? I dont know, but it doesnt feel like you can react in time. Ill give it a try and see.

Besides that I really like her

You’re supposed to be able to jump out of it at all times, if you’re getting hit by it in an unavoidable way where you couldn’t jump then that’s a bug.

Not counting the bug where it can stay out past the end of instinct duration, I think this instinct is really, really strong. It’s not super great at making comebacks, but you should be getting hit by it twice a match. I think it is nearly inescapable with the right setup (and it won’t be hard to find them). If you try to escape you will just eat more damage along the way, and then still have to eat the grab damage later. If you are in or near danger and she has instinct, I think you’re just basically dead for free.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d entirely agree, partially because it helped me with quite a few comebacks yesterday. :sweat_smile:
But for the most part I agree that it’s really good. Pretty unconventional, kind of an evolution of Shago’s Annihilation, really fun for making people antsy.