New character revealed: Shin Hisako!

I kind of get the feeling OG Hisako is Chiharu’s ghost/soul/ethereal self
while Shin Hisako is Chiharu’s body possessed by the katana guardian.

Nah thanks what am i doing of my life discussing about a remix character. If you dont understand its not of my concern. Btw your avatar is pretty dandy.

Firstly I’m fairly certain the brain is the control point of the body. Nervous system and all that.

Secondly the concept of a soul leaving isn’t universally accepted across all religions. Many religions believe in reincarnation, where a spirit will be reborn into a new body, thus meaning that multiple people (even unrelated people) can have the same soul over the course of many generations.

You should watch Inuyasha. A reincarnation of a priestess travels back in time to battle demons, and later the priestess is resurrected, despite the reincarnation being there at the same time. So you have two beings with the same time and place with the same soul. It’s a great show. :grin:

Can’t a soul split? This actually happened in the ringu movies. Sadako split into two, one is an evil spirit killing people through a cursed video tape, the other is a semi-normal girl with psychic powers who doesn’t talk about her evil half.

1 Like

No its your soul who controls the brain. The brain is a console of your soul. You guys dont know much about spiritism.

The problem is this. Shin doesn’t mean cleansed or purified. It means true, solid, pure. When we say shin akuma we mean pure demon not a purified demon or an angel. Shin hisako would have been there if instead her father she had seen the guy who made her the proposal. The cleansed hisako, the one the story is telling us is shin Chiharu. Chiharu cleansed fron her Hisako-time and attitude part (of which she was named Hisako after all). So now we have shin chiharu as if hisako never existed. But we call that character shin hisako.

1 Like

Stop complains about Shin Hisako please… We don’t see what kind of her gameplay. We have to waiting for reveal Shinsako’s gameplay at KIWC.

I’d rather choose remix character than new guest.

2 Likes

Hisako was a vengeance sprit tormented by the death of her family, and tied to her burial place

She encountered with her father spirit, and touching the Guardian Katana erased her anger and cleased her, transforming her essence into shin Hisako.

But the vengeful spirit existed before Chiharu. She took that avatar when she died and her village was ravaged by Ultratech. Hisako possesed Chiharu soul.

Now that Chiharu managed to free herself from this vengeful spirit, Hisako, the real vengeance spirit, is unwilling to cease to exist, and with the strength it got from Chiharu, managed to survive the process

Now, Hisako seeks revenge against Chiharu for abandoning her, and Chiharu, aka Shin Hisako, has to stop it

4 Likes

Think about it like this.

There is a corruption on the soul which causes it to become wrathful. Angry, and violent, it will stop at nothing.

Suddenly, The “Soul” is able to release itself from the corruption. The soul becomes its own identity. However, the Corruption has grown so powerful, it’s able to keep its own body, and roam around.

(Think Omen, after Jago’s Purge.)

Or for a movie reference. If you’ve seen Spider-Man 3 with Toby Maguire, do you remember near the end where Spidey was able to rip Eddie Brock outside of the Symbiote, but it had leached so much off of Eddie, that it started forming its own body for a bit and was able to think on it’s own?

Something similar to that.

3 Likes

#wait

7 Likes

Shin is just one of those words that doesn’t translate to English well. Hence why it doesn’t get translated in names a lot.

borrrrrring! I was expecting her father not another 2 foot tall hisako with the same exact body + some samurai armors. But i guess we now have akuma and evil ryu i suppose… still ugh

1 Like

This is by far the best explanation I’ve seen or most exciting anyway of her, makes me hyped for her. Sorry @Fwufikins he said it better imo.

2 Likes

Now its a huge plot twist. Hisako isnt Chiharu? Crap.

Yeah I was just posting names for the sake of the example.

In reality Shin Hisako sounds more appealing/marketable than the name Chiharu especially since Hisako was a popular character at release. That’s most likely the reason why they went with Shin Hisako rather than Chiharu. It just sounds more sellable. People who don’t read the lore or are outside this forum would most likely think Chiharu is a separate character to Hisako.

Don’t get me wrong, I would have liked Chiharu to be her name but seeing as how she still looks pretty much like a Zombie am okay with Shin Hisako.

1 Like

I thought being purified means get rid of evil things, while pure is neutral.

*could be wrong, english isn’t my first language.

Spiderman 3 was terrible.

So is this name. It should have been Chiharu. @rukizzel can we get a vote on this?

1 Like

Pure is the root word of purified. Purify the verb means "to make pure"
Hope that clears things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

People need to chill.

I admit this is not the announcement that would have excites me the most, but it makes a lot of sense for many reasons. I have been really curious how they could possibly remix any of Hisako’s animations etc given her very distinct body type, posture, proportions etc. They solved that challenge by making the remix… also Hisako. Not something I would have thought of, but an elegant solution to the challenge.

It also takes advantage of the fact that, from the standpoint of fans, Hisako is a really popular character and character design. She has a lot of fans who (without any value judgement) either like Japanese mythology, Samurai, ghosts or Japanese girls (or all of the above). But Hisako is probably in the top 5 most challenging to use characters in the game (and certainly in the top 10). Wrath meter, resets, terrible walk speed, unconventional mobility, interruptible rekkas … She’s fun, but tough to play at a high level. So, in my opinion, taking her character design and remixing her into a more approachable play style is really, REALLY smart. If Shinsako is approachable but still fun to play I would guess that she will immediatelybecome one of the more popular characters.

Again, this is not my personal preference. I actually am not that interested in Hisako, and the animation in the tease has the same sort of “floppy” feel that bothers me about Jago’s ultimate. But I recognize that it makes a ton of sense for them to introduce this character. As remixes go, it’s probably exactly the right way to do it.

12 Likes

How about you use your brain, or better yet just turn it off? This argument is over logic and lore in a video game, so theorize away, but there’s no need to be so uptight over this. If you’re that curious how Shin Hisako and Hisako will fit into the lore, then wait until KI World Cup for the devs to break it down for us.