Nerf rash

The problem is that I was holding up and sometimes even mashed dp as well.

How is it like a teleport? Windkick isnā€™t like a teleport. I donā€™t think you count that as a teleport. How is something where you canā€™t do anything to escape close to being something that you can escape if you make the right read? Plus every character has them.

Iā€™ve had matches were people use wrecking ball to get from one side of the screen to the other. Windkick doesnā€™t do that, well, maybe in season 1 it kind of did but thatā€™s beside the point.

Hereā€™s one with riptor:

Between 0:28 and 0:34 is an example of what Iā€™m talking about.

And again, you could have blocked, interrupted, or avoided those.

I was blocking. And how do you interrupt or avoid it?

You didnā€™t blocking Riptorā€™s backflips.

I think the game misread my inputs.

No. The move crosses up, and you didnā€™t block it. Actually, we can see by the counterhit message that you didnā€™t try to block the first oneā€“you pressed a button.

1 Like

Like I said, I went for a block but the game must have misread it.

Did you block it as a crossup? Were you fast enough?

At 0:30 is when I tried to block it.

Did you try to block the move as a crossup, or did you just try to block normally? I can see when you got hit. Iā€™m asking what you were trying to do.

Donā€™t know what the difference is, please explain.

Attacks in fighting games can hit on the left or right side of the character. You need to block in the opposite direction. Tail flip crosses over and hits behind. If you try to block it like itā€™s a move coming from the front, youā€™ll get hit.

1 Like

If you were holding up, you would not have been hit by those command grabs, full stop. There is no trick or nuance to this - if youā€™d been holding up, Gargos could not have landed that sequence. Due to the frame advantage Gargos had at the reset points here mashing DP would have been more difficult in terms of hitting the reversal window, but also would have worked had you done it properly. That is not a knock against you, but it is reality.

If you were blocking the correct way, you wouldnā€™t have gotten hit by it. A GG-esque insistence that the game ā€œmisread your inputsā€ doesnā€™t change the fact that you simply missed the block here. It happens.

As to how you can avoid it, you are often able to simply hold up to jump out of Riptorā€™s tail flip resets. Alternately, you can mash jab and punch her out of the move.

4 Likes

Gotcha. I was doing the normal one.

Wonā€™t it hit you anyway?

I come back to the forums after one day and see that this thread has 33+ more posts. I wondered why.

The resulting sequence almost led to me ranting, and that would not have been good for my rep.

@VladKravich Welcome. To. Fighting. Games. This is basic stuff you are complaining about that have basic solutions.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing fighting games my whole life.