Nerf rash

I hope you’re kidding. Some characters in KI take away an entire life bar in just 2 combos.

If you don’t break

You can always break

2 Likes

Unless you get counter broken.

That’s part of the charm

Are we seriously having this conversation?

3 Likes

Look, I’ll upload the videos and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Vlad, I have played you a few times to know that as annoying as Rash is, you have a lot of bad tendencies. Some of which I see in myself still, which is unfortunate because they grow on you and make it that much more difficult to get rid of later on.

Regarding the topic, Rash has a tendency to spam Wrecking Ball, grab and tongue. All of which can be punished at certain points, especially as a Jago.

I want to see your video though, to see exactly what you’re doing and where the player is getting the better part of the match.

1 Like

Okay well, first, that’s not what a teleport is? Second, I’m not sure if you know what the word “free” means. The move is punishable.

Block.

If he’s using the air version, you have plenty of time to move and be out of the way of his landing.

Welcome to fighting games. If you don’t make the correct read, you get hit.

1 Like

It’s like a teleport.

How is blocking going to help me against someone who is only moving across the screen without attacking?[quote=“DEClimax, post:88, topic:20902”]
If he’s using the air version, you have plenty of time to move and be out of the way of his landing.
[/quote]

The point is that they are running away.[quote=“DEClimax, post:88, topic:20902”]
If you don’t make the correct read, you get hit.
[/quote]

I mean that if you don’t block they grab instead, that’s how it works.

In the same way that a basking shark is like the crushing weight of post-celebration ennui, sure.

How is moving around the screen without attacking going to win someone a match unless they have a significant life lead?

Well, it’s not a very good point? It’s very doable to hit him as he’s coming down from air wrecking ball. Some characters have a harder time with it than others, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it.

Yes. That’s how fighting games work. Hence, “welcome to fighting games.” Though I assume you just meant block, not “don’t block.”

1 Like

Rash’s wrecking ball is not a teleport. If Rash’s wrecking ball is a teleport, Jago has a teleport. TJ Combo has a teleport. Having a fast moving move that goes forward is not a teleport. A teleport is when you vanish from one part of the screen to instantly appear to another. Rash’s wrecking ball is not that.

Resets are not infinites. Infinites are things that last forever and is impossible to get out of. Resets can be escaped which means they are not infinites. Furthermore, I don’t think being rusty from not playing the game 4 months allows you to say that it is in infinite because you can’t escape. It shows that YOU can’t escape. That’s on you. Not the game. It does not show that there is an infinite. Well there is an infinite actually. An infinite in logical fallacies.

1 Like

@Dayv0 @oTigerSpirit @DEClimax @STORM179 Here’s a glimpse of what I mean about gargos:

Happens between 0:20 and 0:30

Got a few more.

It’s like a teleport but not one.

They’re close to it though.

This is stupid. I know what gargos is capable of. It doesn’t make what you’re saying any less wrong.

I ask for help and this is how you respond?

Did you ask for help? All I saw was complaining and posting complete misinformation.

1 Like

Few things Vlad.

1. Stop Wind Kicking. You are abusing a move that Jago no longer is safe on, especially from fullscreen which was never safe to begin with. You ate some nasty punishes because you were spamming windkick at a bad distance and at awkward moments when your opponent was either still down or recovering.

2. You need to DP a lot more, you are letting Gargos get away with so much bogus. When he is grabbing you, it is a command grab, so it has priority over a handful of moves, except DP naturally. Gargos has three variants of command grabs; dash grab, close grab, and air grab. Which would mean that you have options as well, not without repercussions of course. You can either DP, jump, or backdash. If DPs are tough, I get it. You can just jump out or backdash.

3. You are good at being random, which is great at locking out your opponent, but its not winning you a lot of damage. You need to maximize on damage without feeling like you will get broken if you throw in some heavies or mediums more often. You can condition them to counterbreak or simply guess break based on anticipation.

@Dayv0 If you still have your Gargos, I would like to go a few matches to show how relatively equal skill levels approach certain situations in the Gargos v Jago matchup.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s supposed to be a threat. Wonder if mods agree with me.

LOL you’re paranoid it’s just a reference to a song O_o didn’t mean to shake you up, no threats from me.

You’re accusing me of misinformation though…

In any of these situations you could have avoided getting command grabbed. Holding up, or even simply mashing DP, would have shut down the sequence you’re referring to. Resets have always been in KI. Every character in the game has an “infinite” if your definition of the term is so loose, and this has been true since Season 1.

It was actually a pretty cool sequence, and Gargos had advantage throughout each reset point. There’s a decent chance he may have hit me with it too; that still doesn’t mean it’s an infinite.

2 Likes