Nerf rash

I’m impressed with you for being able to enjoy fighting games at such a casual level that you don’t even know how a grab works.

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

That sounds kind of ignorant of you. I hope you were joking because I think you are smarter than that.

Same to you.

Aww come on now dude don’t tell me I shook you up too, chill.

I’m not the one losing :sunglasses:

Let’s return to discussion of the actual topic at hand.

2 Likes

You could probably just close the thread at this point, even when the discussion was on track it was on a track to nowhere.

I want to add 1 last thing again.

YOU CAN ANTI AIR Rash out of Wrecking ball 99% of the time if you mash Down HP out of your block stun.
EVERYTIME!

They nerfed him months ago that allowed this to work in your favor more often.
USE IT

3 Likes

Vlad, resets are a thing in every fighting game.

For example, think about this: every single time I hit you, I could simply stop doing a combo and throw you. This works in Street Fighter 4, KI, Marvel (and it’s much, much harder to avoid in that game), King of Fighters, and everything in between. If you don’t tech the throw, you get thrown. If you try to tech the throw, I can press a button and hit you. And as long as I am successful, I can keep doing it over and over until you die. You do have options as the defender, but sometimes you will get hit and die, and this is okay (in fact, it is necessary for a fighting game to be good).

You’ll have to accept that fighting games are all about putting your opponent in a bad situation where they have to guess to avoid taking damage. This is the absolute core of how every fighting game works.

None of the videos you showed in this thread demonstrated anything too difficult to get out of - you’ll need to practice some game knowledge (such as learning how grabs and crossup attacks work) in order to avoid taking damage in the future, but whether you’re interested enough to learn the systems is up to you. If you need help learning the systems, you can ask us and we’ll be willing to help you, but you will have to stop saying things like “that’s an infinite” and “the game is misreading my inputs” in order to actually get better.

8 Likes

Be cool dude, not everyone plays this game competitively. Believe me, we all asked questions and tried to get help in our own ways at one point.

Despite the redirection of the thread, I still believe a lot can be learned from discussion how Rash works in situations. In Vlad’s case, Jago vs Rash almost seems quite intimidating at a lower level, but once someone learns that Rash has no wakeup option outside of meter and mediocre damage, he can be tamed.

Rash is the type of character that will either be super spammy, played overly simplified, or have some absurd mix-up and juggle combos. Most of the Rash’s we see are spammy, which is something to take note of because to a handful of players, it may come off as “broken.” I think one piece of advice as a Jago facing a Rash would be three major emphases; DP, baiting, and baiting. DP seems like a relatively easy answer, but it can be tricky when in a tight block-string or spacing which requires a particular strength. Baiting comes naturally from pretending to be uninformed and spam projectiles just to get Rash to a punishable distance. Finally, pressure is Jago’s specialty as his DP can stop people from tapping light. No dedicated wakeup option means that you only need to worry when you see meter.

Anyway, like Andy mention, [quote=“BigBadAndy, post:7, topic:20902”]
I hate fighting Rash and 90% of Rash players spam the same moves. But as @Dayv0 says, he’s annoying but not especially powerful or dominant in a game full of characters with dirty, dirty stuff.
[/quote]

Welp… just typed this out to Vlad only to realize he was banned for life.

For the record, I don’t think Vlad was trolling, he genuinely has a difficult time grasping the elements of a fighting game. I have tried to help him improve his Jago and he can get frustrated easily sometimes, though, he is trying to learn. Ah well.

6 Likes

Some of you guys are truly amazing individuals and genuinely decent human beings. Your level of patience is remarkable. I wish my own was as formidable. Just want to commend those of you who stayed positive and constructive in this thread, it’s really impressive.

9 Likes

I was going through these posts and I was also impressed by everyone’s positive vibes except for that sonicdol person. They strike me as toxic and perhaps they should work on that, just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I main wulf and rash is kind of in between for me here. I struggle a lot against his pressure game.

1 Like

9 Likes

Banned for life?? WTH?? What did he do? I didnt see anything ban worthy.

1 Like

Fair enough, won’t work on me though.

Trolling/threatening is what it’s listed as.

2 Likes

Vlad was already on probation for trolling previously. So he had already been warned. :frowning:

In the words of @STORM179 though… “I miss Geek.” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m not sure though, like I mention Vlad had a tough time grasping the mechanics and often got frustrated when I tried to help him. He was still adjusting to Jago and was honestly playing him as if it were Season 1.

I don’t think he was trolling as much as he was honestly confused and slightly unwilling to see most advice through. But I can’t speak for any of his other actions as I only saw the ones where he mentioned Jago.

…I do miss Geek though. He was annoying at times, but it kind of grew on you.

“Eagle Revealed!” thread got closed because there’s many drama and arguments. But this thread didn’t get closed… Wat?

2 Likes

It’s just how the flagging system works. A couple of posts over there got flagged a lot, it auto-shut down, and it’ll reopen automatically in a few hours.

More importantly he tended to spark a lot of technical discussions that were beneficial for everyone. But he did have his trollish side, and could be rather condescending at times.

4 Likes