Multi POLL: Rate every character 1/5 (community feed back)

Very nice poll! Naturally I had to pick my Girl Orchid as my #1 but am really starting to love Fulgore. Trying to also learn patience which means Aganos lol! I love that the game has so many different character types, it leaves you with a ton of options! Its actually very difficult for me to give any of the characters less than 3/5 as a result! With that said, I do hope that Season 3 and whatever follows, yes I am already seeing season 4 in my head :sunglasses:, I do hope to see some semi-clone type of characters. I am sure you guys have debated that already, I think Adam IsGreen even mentioned how Joanna was considered for the guest character but was too similar to Orchid (worded incorrectly from original twitter post so not trying to put words in his mouth, don’t quote me on that), I still think that would have been perfect, or as I mentioned a number of times, Kameo as she is such an interesting character in her own world and very different from any of the characters because she has many different elemental powers: (Pummelweed/Snare: Plant/organic matter, Chilla/(40 Below/Zero D): Ice!, Major Ruin/Rubble: Rocks!, Deep Blue: H20, Ash/Thermite: Fire!, Flex: Mr Stretch lol). Kind of went on a tangent there but she was always my #1 choice for a guest character from the time KI rebooted! All in all, cant wait to see how the players and game evolves! Season 3, I have a feeling is going to be BANANAS!

1 Like

Oh no, I agree the poll doesn’t speak the whole truth by any stretch of the imagination. Ten more people could vote and it could be completely skewed.

I think “improved” might be a bit of a loaded term that I used and that’s my bad. I don’t mean to imply that characters should be drastically changed. But if people like a character, could some small things be done here and there that might make more people feel about Jago or Orchid to give them the sort of faux approval rating that Fulgore seems to have? I think it’s a conversation worth having regardless of how popular a character is online or in tourneys or anywhere else.

Again though, and I want to be crystal clear on this, in not talking about drastic changes that would throw off the game’s balance or give characters something they shouldn’t have like a teleport for Thunder or a projectile for Sabrewulf.

But they did give Sabrewulf, who was already s high tier character at the time, a contextual recapture and added to his instinct with feral cancels and they were able to do stuff like this without throwing off the balance or making him OP because they did it the right way.

I think that they can give characters more to do both from a flash and functional standpoint without breaking the game and who knows, maybe some of those new ideas are just enough to push a character out of “good to use every now and then” or whatever in to “that’s my new main” territory.

Not saying that’s be the automatic result, and some characters will be polarizing regardless of what’s done, but if I could choose between good enough and the possibility to be better, I’ll take the latter every time.

1 Like

Just 50 votes or so per character and everyone has their own image/definition of good, great. etc. but the curves are interesting so far:

• Cinder/Jago/Glacius/Thunder/Orchid/Aganos have sort of a bell curve. Seemingly well received and still satisfy after season 2.
  • Maya and Omen’s curves are rather flat with thick tails and look really average in how people perceive them. Personally, a pleasant surprise to see that Omen is so liked. he ain’t bad :smile:
  • Fulgore/Spinal/Riptor skew towards the positive 4/5 and 5/5.
  • Rash/Kan Ra/Sadira/ TJ seem to score either quite high or quite low. So a lot of extremes for these characters.

Not sure what to conclude of the poll’s outcome but it sure is interesting to see without knowing the reasons behind the scores.

1 Like

Amazing @bojima404 great analysis so far

Its intresting its all positive. Maya is one of my all time favs i think people filnd it hard mixing projectiles with rush down. Her tech is stunning and her dagger full level ender is so so satisfying.

No shock that kan ra, glacius and sadira are love them or hate them personally they are all loves for me

As for me I basically like EVERYTHING about each and every, for all of the current KI characters

1 Like

Who is the least played Character in KI?

I voted good to see alot of people think Riptor’s great! obviously I voted perfect for all of my mains.rse.

1 Like

Hmm i could only guess
 but maybe id say maya or TJ. Although i think tj is played more becuase hes a little less complex and hits harder.

I think mayas one of the best lol but shes an enquired taste

Lets see from this vote you never know

Me too i only gave 2 a 2 out of 5 one of them was rash mostly becuase hes not finished.

The other was sabure wulf who im just awful with. Ki2 is still my fac wulf :smile:

My personal thoughts on all the characters:

Jago: 4/5
Sabrewulf: 5/5
Glacius: 2/5
Thunder: 3/5
Orchid: 4/5
Spinal: 5/5
Shadow Jago: 
soon
Fulgore: 4/5

TJ Combo: 2/5
Maya: 3/5
Kan-Ra: 1/5
Riptor: 3/5
Omen: 3/5
Aganos: 4/5
Hisako: 2/5
ARIA: 1/5
Cinder: 3/5

Rash: 4/5

1 Like

So mr @silverismhd this tell us you hate zoners but love rush downs right? Heheh

Thanks for sharing id love to see everyones breakdown lole this

Pretty much! I love just rushing fast and powerful and dishing out some serious damage.

1 Like

Fulgore for the all-in-one character and its design, hisako for best s2 character, Aria cause playing is challenging with such a complex character, Jago cause he has a f***ing dojo.

1 Like

Aria is awesome every game is different !

1 Like

WOW all these extra votes! thanks guys! need to put these into charts

1 Like

REDS is more negertive
GREEN is nutrual
BlUE is well received

Intresting to see the swing.

3 Likes

Interesting that it’s mostly season 2 characters that got the higher percentage of negative feedback.

1 Like

Fulgore has been and always should be the face of KI, I’m not surprised his design is well received.

1 Like

But you say that tiger but fulgore is the only one to have countless re designs in terms of game play.

It is interesting thought to see how positive his feedback is.

I think it comes down to tech. Basically to most people jago fulgore and orchid are pretty similar.

Season 2 characters are deeper and you have to exploit their tech and diverse powers allot more usually meaning they take more time and effort to make sing.

Personally i think season 2 has better gameplay design. Its so so so diverse but its a trade off from general damage.

I don’t know, I get the feeling that many people based their votes primarily on how each character looks rather than their gameplay.