Multi POLL: Rate every character 1/5 (community feed back)

Community feed back:

what do we rate each character from KI? Everyone from Jago to Rash is here.

Yes we will be mindful that Rash is in fact a Beta character and there for his averages may change for his final build but we have played him and so lets show MS and IG what we think including him.

The scoring is out lined 1/5 if you dont agree with what ive written please just scale your views to the number accordingly.

Vote with your heart! Get clicking guys!

Wanda :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :video_game:

Jago

[poll name=Jago]

• Awful no fun / bad design 1/5
  • Had a go not for me 2/5
  • Good Design for now and then 3/5
  • Great! Often steals time from my main 4/5
  • Perfect Main or Main quality 5/5
    [/poll]

Sabre Wulf

[poll name=SabreWulf]

[/poll]

Glacius

[poll name=Glacius]

[/poll]

Thunder

[poll name=Thunder]

[/poll]

Sadira

[poll name=Sadira]

[/poll]

Orchid

[poll name=Orchid]

[/poll]

Spinal

[poll name=Spinal]

[/poll]

Fulgore

[poll name=Fulgore]

[/poll]

TJ Combo

[poll name=TjCombo]

[/poll]

Maya

[poll name=Maya]

[/poll]

Kan-Ra

[poll Name=KanRa]

[/poll]

Riptor

[poll name=Riptor]

[/poll]

Omen

[poll name=Omen]

[/poll]

Aganos

[poll name=Aganos]

[/poll]

Hisako

[poll name=Hisako]

[/poll]

Cinder

[poll name=Cinder]

[/poll]

Aria

[poll name=Aria]

[/poll]

Rash

[poll name=Rash]

[/poll]
6 Likes

hisako seems to ne well received :grin:

keep going guys

Riptor is pretty well loved as well, which pleases me. Besides her awesome concept (fire breathing robot dinosaur ftw) her animations are stellar. Her idle pose seems to have more going on than some characters have during combat. She bobs up and down, bares her teeth, waves her tongue, drums her fingers, changes expression, blinks, twitches her toes and the spines on the back of her head, the cybernetics are constantly pulsing and flapping, her tail wags…
So much detail in even the little things, both in regards to scientifically accurate raptor anatomy and movement (theoretically speaking) to the machinations of the machinery imbedded in her…
Truly beautiful.

Anyway, gave 5’s to my mains (Riptor, Wulf, Sadira, Spinal, and Fulgore), 4’s to the ones I use a lot, 3’s to all the characters I don’t really use.

3 Likes

Nice poll.

Most characters I have as main quality. KI is very well balanced to me.
My only regret is Hisako. She fits my playing style perfectly, but I never got into her after all the hype I felt.
I had two 1/5s, Maya and TJ. Not even an unfinished Omen got such a low score. I think the transition of devs was evident at that time.

1 Like

Really interesting poll! If you take the bottom two options and the top two options, they read out like this:

Characters with the most bottom two categories chosen are
TJ Combo 53% (<-- WOW)
Rash at 38%
Maya at 35%
Omen at 28%
Kan Ra & Glacius at 23%
Cinder at 19%
Sadira at 18%

The highest percentage of the top two options picked are:
Fulgore at 76% (Dayum!)
Riptor, Hisako and Aria at 71%
Aganos at 63%
Glacius at 58%
Sabrewulf at 56%
Spinal at 53%

It’s funny to see three of my favorites (Kan Ra, Glacius and Sadira) on the low end, though Glacius is also on the high end as well, which shows me that he tends to be a more polarizing character.

Wasn’t surprised by Omen and Rash being near the bottom, but found TJ and Maya there, and with such low numbers, rather interesting. I stopped using TJ once they made it so autobarrage locked you in to doing it, as that feels incredibly unnatural to me versus how the rest of the cast feels. Well, except for Maya, who tends to be the character that I struggle with overall more than anyone else.

I also see a lot of characters who’s top two categories chosen are 50% or below. Thunder, Jago, Sadira, Orchid, TJ Combo, Maya, Kan Ra, Omen, Cinder and Rash. To me, it says that there’s more that can be done to improve these characters.

I know others will disagree with that, as not everyone has to absolutely love every character. But even if you just “like” a character, that tells me that something could be done to improve upon that.

I really hope that MS and IG will continue to try and improve upon all of the season one and season two characters, just as they improve upon the UI, add new game modes and new content, and every other aspect of this amazing work in progress.

BTW, when I say improvements, I don’t think that most of the characters need to be altered from what they are in order for more people to like them. Thunder should do what Thunder does. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t do it better and through balancing, still remain what he was in relation to his viability versus the rest of the cast. Personally, I think it’s an effort worth making, even as new characters are added.

1 Like

I agree most ki characters are well above average! I main them all haha!! Heres my voting from what i can remember:

Ive commented on the very bottom and the top here just so people can see my logic:

Jago 3
Sw 2 - i love sw but i feel im too scrappy with him
Glacius 5
Thunder 3
Sadura 4
Orchid 5 - its orchid, its rush down, its power yes!!
Spinal 4
Fulgore 4
Tj 3
Maya 5 - maya and her blades perfection
Kunra 5 - distance, patience pur evil perfection
Riptor 4
Omen 3
Aganos 4
Hisako 5 - that parry system risk reward is exciting
Aria 5 - give me all dat body! Each round changes
Rash 2 - more design than play style

Copy and paste guys if you would like to do the same. :smile:

Its intresting @lago407 becuase this poll is differnt to my other mains revotes polls.

This is about an average. So although jago might have stolen the last mains revote on my final count will he be peoples second choice?

Its all about the second choice votes here.

Indeed the figues already look intresting… kan ra people really like and he was a huge sucsess but people also hate him becuase he plays different but also becuase hes so hard to play lol. Hes the sadira of season 2.

Lets see how these change as time goes on. We will document the percentages as we go!

Make sure you Re tweek the post and get all of the community voting guys

Vote for everyone not just the ones you use.

Hisako is a 5/5 because she is a very unique character added to the game, I love how they aimed at the slow and scary type and I do love her fighting style and ultra. 1/5 goes to Omen, he’s just a recycled Jago and kind of a waste of time and that he doesn’t have interesting costume choices and no story mode, instead of the "Herald of Gargos why not just Gargos?

1 Like

@WandaMaximoff You’ll add more for season 3 characters in this poll?

1 Like

Why is TJ near the bottom? I’m kinda sad that people think he’s not good anymore. Oh well. I’ll still play him no matter what, and that’s all that matters. (On a happy note) Great Poll! Very interesting to see people’s views!

1 Like

I think the poll is design/visuals oriented, not gameplay.

IMO, it needs to be defined WHAT we are rating each character on. Is it appearance, design, play style, balance, etc?

Everyone’s opinions will be very subjective (obviously). I can like one character for their backstory and appearance but hate the way they play in regards to their archetype, and vise-versa.

Just something to think about when placing ratings on each character.

I still have problems using TJ despite all the hours I put into KI. My rhythm is totally off with him. In my case I actually looked at both gameplay and visuals. Dunno about others, though.

1 Like

The only problem with this is that Jago, Orchid and Thunder are very popular characters online, if not the most. Do they really need to be improved?

On the other hand, Aganos, Hisako and Aria aren’t all that popular…

The poll doesn’t speak the full truth.

1 Like

You didnt say what the poll was based on specifically is it about what the character looks like or gameplay? or just overall?

1 Like

I tried out all the characters and there were some that I REALLY wanted to learn and get into, because they looked cool, I liked their story, or I mained them in the last 2 games. But I couldn’t use them, so I just let them go.

The big problem I had was auto-piloting some characters that I outright HATE and doing really well with them.

Yes, TJ Combo is that one character I outright HATE. The other ones that I don’t like, I kind of get (Cinder’s on his way to hatred though, oh yes, he’s getting very close :rage: ). TJ however…sigh…ugh. I lose minutes of my life each time he pops up on the screen. :mask:

Its not on looks or game play its on everything. Its purely persoal and about what maters to you.

For example for me Rash got a lower score not because he isnt fun. I actually really like his game play style but visually he just jars me so i don’t play him as much.

Sw for example i love the look of but ive bever been able to get geat with him. I feel really sloppy when i play sw and that overall doesnt make me feel good. Of corse SW is skilled but he doesn’t click as well with my brain.

Basically you give your overall feel for that character. Vote with your heart generally how you feel.

We all will vote differently and with different criteria but the answer is the same. That character is a 5 or a 3 to me because thats how I feel generally. :smiley:

@kevbones100 will i add more? Hmm thats difficult to say. I think it depends how they balance eveyone in KI season3.

Also rash isnt finished it would be unfair to leave this as his average.

Maybe we will do the same as the mains revote that i did before and just revote on how we feel.

After all look at how many more players started to use orchid with just with thoes tweeks and granade move etc.

Also look how many people maybe liked TJ combo less after his doubles and barrage was changed?

So lets see! As season 3 starts i plan to reintroduce the mains vote with every character revealed. After we have a full cast of season 3. Witch wont be long considering we are going to start with 4 players on launch.

Maybe after that we can recast this vote and compare how we feel now with then?

The poll filly is about YOUR choice its not just game play its personal you vote on YOUR reasons and can explain them here if you wish. Some people’s scores may be tech related others may be lore.

Not everyone plays everyone game play (if you know what i mean) but I’m asking everyone to vote on their terms so they can vote for people they might not play allot.

What we want to know is what YOU like. Not if you know the characters good becuase @cstyles45 is good with him :wink: hahah.

Of course we know everyone has good game play we know everyone is dangerous and takes skill. This poll is about your general feeling. Yes its going to hurt characters like Kan Ra and glacius more who take a little more thought to play and i think we need to understand that when looking at the scores.

GUYS when looking at the averages take them with a pinch of salt remember most characters are going to fall mid table due to the fact that most players only really play with say 3-4 characters at most seriously thus giving them a play every now and then score on average.

Remeber thats not a bad score if this was street fighter im sure we would see lots of 5 / 2 with ken and ryu at the 5s and everyone else at the 2.lol

BUT pay attention to the perectages above and below the average they will give you a decent indiction if the character is well liked or not.

IF the votes split very high and very low then you have a love them and hate them character witch is really interesting.

Keep voting guys 40 plus so far is amazing :smile:

Rember this is a from the gut vote on how you feel. That Snap choice that comes into your head first! Your vote on what matters to you. Everything is included

Look everyone BoJima can do it! Vote all in combine everything. If game plays a 5 and looks a 2 but thats put u off hes a 4 maybe.

Same reason for me too.

I just can’t get his rythem all the time. I drop 20% of combos by accident