Mortal Kombat 12

The last Twisted Metal game did have a lot of influences directly from those movies, so I am aware of the similarities. (Death Warrent, and The Juggernaut are prime examples)

I just think it’d be quite the curveball in terms of guest fighters. He already comes from a violent franchise, which also IiRC, has had some historical value considering the original Death Race was deemed “too controversial” way back, very simmilar to the controversy MK recived back in the 90s.

Plus with him being a criminal/turned driver instead of a martial artist, that would make him stand out as a potential character, I feel. Sorta like how Johnny Cage is a movie star, but is still able to fight off monsters and ninjas.

And maybe a bit trivial, but Sylvester Stalone was casted as a crew member of the original Death Race, with MK11 also using him for Rambo. Maybe its just a coincidence, but it all ties together somehow.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I saw the 70s version years ago on TV. Interesting film.

“Ya know Myra, lotta people think youre cute. But to me, I think youre one very large baked potato.”

Before there was Rocky, there was only Machine Gun Joe, lol. Crazy to think those films were only one year apart from eachother.

MK9 is still my favorite to play. Fight me.

1 Like

MK9 will always be cherished.

MKvsDC on the otherhand… debatable.

2 Likes

I have a soft spot for MKvDCU even if I recognize it’s not the highest quality product out there. It’s a crossover I’d love to see revisited at some point.

2 Likes

In defense of MK vs DC, without it, we wouldn’t have either MK9 nor “Injustice”. Even though it was flawed, it did pave the way for those games, especially in terms of the story modes.

2 Likes

MK9 was one of the ebst in the series. It even topped MK2 for me which was my fav in the trilogy.

2 Likes

I mean when it first came out I definitely had some fun with it, but after MK9 dropped it basically rendered MKvsDC obsolete. A fun crossover idea sure, but execution was a little janky looking back.

However, Injustice vs MK would be a lot more hype than NRS just making Injustice 3 imo. Now that both games made an identity for themselves in the modern era, giving it one more try wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

True.

Indeed.

1 Like

On one hand, sounds cool. On the other hand, I’m tired of Injustice’s storyline and I am one of the people who wishes Injustice played more like MvC or an ArcSys fighter (Maxamillion Dood talks about it a lot too).

If Arc systems made a game based on Batman Ninja, maybe I could see the potential there.

Hell the films artstyle already reminds me of GG Xrd’s cell sahded animation.

2 Likes

Guys, how is it that all this time nobody has thought to have the Main Man star in “Mortal Kombat”?

I know he was going to be DLC for “MK vs DC” and eventually found his way into “Injustice”, but Lobo would fit MK like a glove.

2 Likes

Lobo hands down still my favorite characters of Injustice 1. Only downside was censoring his middle finger during his super move.

Considering how often he gets ripped to shreds, plus his hook being a worthy rival to Scorpion’s spear, he’s got a lot of potential as a guest character.

3 Likes

Indeed. Plus, his Czarnian physiology in itself would make for interesting gameplay, be it his regenerative abilities or his blood powers (in the comics, notably in “L.E.G.I.O.N.”, every drop of blood spilled from Lobo would instantly create a fully fledged clone).

1 Like

Long as it isnt emo Lobo, skies the limit.

Seriously, who over at DC Comics thought that was a good idea? Ludicrous.

To be fair, New 52 Lobo had potential as either Lobo or as an all-new character. The problem was that there was a LOT of inconsistency in the New 52, with barely any effort at editorial management nor oversight. In the case of New 52 Lobo, there was stuff where supposedly the Czarnians were annihilated by the Thanagarians (Hawkman’s race), that Czarnia was destroyed by Darkseid, etc. I loved “Justice League 23.2 Lobo” as a Lobo story; if you were to redraw the entire comic with classic Lobo, it would be perfect; the author captured Lobo’s voice wonderfully. I could easily hear Brad Garret’s voice in the dialogue.

Cullen Bunn’s run, though…yeah, it left a LOT to be desired. It also didn’t help that the teased confrontation between the two Lobos was relegated to a single page. It kind of felt like DC was really, REALLY trying to make Lobo Deadpool by making him a much more tragic figure, which is the absolute wrong way to go about it. I don’t know, it almost felt like they were trying to excuse Lobo’s genocide of his own planet.
Later issues had New 52 Lobo becoming more and more visually like classic Lobo:

He kind of looks like Norman Reedus in the later images. It was better than these:

I remember once, when I was in my edgy highschool phase, coming up with fatalities for everyone in Injustice 1. I still like the one I came up with for Lobo where he jams his nuclear shot gun into the opponents crotch and they panic going like “no no no! Don’t do it!” While Lobo just laughs with an “oh yeah, I’m gonna do it” expression on his face before firing, causing their entire pelvis to explode and the remains to go flying. A very MK9 style fatality (which makes sense, it was the only MK I had played at the time). And I still think it’s at least a little funny.

1 Like

Id always picture he’d dig two large hooks through someones eye sockets, then ties both chains to his motorcycle before driving full speed with the loser still attached. Saying something snarky like…

“Youre in for a bumpy ride, pal!”

Sorta like a combination of both Kabal’s finishers from 11, come to think of it.

2 Likes

Maybe a play on this scene from “Lobo: Infanticide”?