Mortal Kombat 11

Tinfoil hat time!

KI skins for MK11 @ Xbox event!

1 Like

Let me remind you that Netherrealm doesn’t exactly have the best track record when it comes to making new characters Post-MK3. There were a bunch of tropes that they tried to make in the 3D-era, and failed it seems as some of them have yet to see the light of day again. They tried making a vampire, a Matrix character, a dragon, a Chinese assassin, some Mary Poppins lookalike, a real person that’s not a guest, “monsters”, all of which were met with poor to mediocre reception at best.

The MKX kids had a mediocre reception as well from what I’ve seen. While they didn’t take anything away from the game, people prefer the older characters it seems.

With that in mind, they have to be careful when it comes to making new characters, especially one with such a controversial trope. Because if they get it wrong, the backlash might be too much.

1 Like

You don’t move forward by playing it safe, you do it by taking risks.

But hey, the non-Kombat Kids newcomers were all pretty cool at least. And so does Geras. Ans Skarlet!

On a separate note, did I actually coin the phrase Kombat Kids? I didn’t get it from somewhere else when I said it and I think I was the first one to say it.

No you didnt… a guy from this very forum created a cartoon video called kombat kids years ago…it has over 18 million views and he is currently creating part 2. He even had a KI version in the works but Kombat kids took precedence due to its overwhelming success.

1 Like

oops. oh well

I wouldn’t mind a KI kids in the future.

3 Likes

Which character was this again? I remember a lot of the PS2-era characters but I am completely drawing a blank an this one.

To be fair Mokap was designed to be a joke character from the start, and historically very few joke characters are remembered fondly by the community.

2 Likes

Gomes Brown
:smile:

2 Likes

It does exist…he just never made the full video that Im aware of. He has a TJ and Thunder I believe…I cant remember but he has them on his channel on a very short clip.
Yo @Tedakin… whats the latest on the Kombat Kids 2 and KI kids?

I looked at his channel. didn’t see it. I guess i’ll come around it sometime.

Its way deep in there somewhere…it may be inside another video not named KI…Look at @Tedakin profile here and you will see his TJ KI Kid art.

because of subzero’s BS apparently they got AT-ATs stomping around up north and the abominable snow man from rudolph the ■■■■■■■ rednose reindeer or some ■■■■ wreaking havoc. way to go subzero. way to go

In all seriousness, that snow storm is a force of nature, we can’t control that.

anyway I wish them luck.

2 Likes

Maybe calling her a “Mary Poppins lookalike” is a bit of a stretch but…

It was the hat lol

2 Likes

… Nah, I can see it… just needs an umbrella.

1 Like

Ok. So, I want to apologize for how I acted during the previous line of discussion. I took some of it too personally and never really backed any of my own arguments. That’s not right and that’s not how we have strong discussion.

And now, I hope that I can try to salvage a bit of the discussion and try to do it in a productive way. In talking with a @xSkeletalx in PMs, he raised the question of how I would actually try to execute this concept, and I was able to formulate a calmer answer. I’ve linked to it here. I’d like to try to use this to reset the discussion and go somewhere productive. But if you don’t want to do that, then ignore me and move on. I totally understand if that’s what you guys want.

1 Like

A spoonful of sugar helps the FINISH HIM go down

…There’s gotta be a better joke than that, I just can’t think of one.

2 Likes

Is this p∅rnhub?

Is that the Swedish version?! XD

4 Likes

Censors ya’

1 Like