Mortal Kombat 11

That is also possible. I guess they planned it all along.

1 Like

I mean. It does kind of go against the games design philosophy. So… whatever. Let’s hope the last three knock it out of the park and that the last guest is either Ash or Bayonetta.

So we saw Aftermath/KP 1.5 first revealed back in May. And now 5 months later we’ve been shown KP2. But it took an entire year for the characters from the first Kombat Pack to release, and now they’re doing theee at a time. What on earth is the timeline like for this game?

I do think we will see one more pack though. Considering the next gen upgrade feature KP2 comes with, I bet they consider this a second launch of sorts.

Despite what Ed Boon himself repeatedly said sometime back about not adding/putting in the SAME DLC characters from before, in particular Rain as a DLC character for Mortal Kombat 9 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah. Considering earlier datamines had Stryker, and that might be considered a bit in poor taste in the current climate, I think they just scrapped him and threw Mileena fans a bone. As for Rain… no clue. Maybe he way always planned.

1 Like

Indeed, plus I have yet to see a fighter in MK with bird-based attacks. I think some fun stuff could be done with these guys.

2 Likes

I wasn’t. I’m a huge fan of Mileena too. I’m pleased to see she’s coming back, as I truly wasn’t expecting her.

2 Likes

Yup. Those on Sony’s platform also get a free upgrade from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.

1 Like

What Philosophy is that?

Ignoring some of the overdone characters and ninjas to give a shine on some of the less popular characters in the series and to have more variety in character archetypes.

1 Like

Here’s a thought for a potential guest character on either MK or “Injustice” - anybody ever watched “The Boys”? Homelander would seem perfect for either, although he would probably be more at home in the former imo.

Isn’t the boys like… horrible? I’ve heard the source at least was a terrible book written by a terrible man.

The show is actually quite a good deconstruction of the superhero genre, although granted it is pretty dark and for mature audiences. Definitely NOT kid-friendly. The comic book was also pretty gruesome. What makes Garth Ennis a terrible person?

I don’t know. I only half remember Comic Drake saying something about it on twitter before the show premiered.

Also. The superhero genre has been deconstructed plenty. Can we please get some more earnest attempts again?

Although, isn’t Homelander basically Superman? Meaning we could essentially have Superman in MK. That would be cool.

True, the genre has been deconstructed by the likes of Deadpool, but ‘The Boys’ kind of goes a little further by grounding it somewhat, satirizing modern culture by treating Supes as essentially being something like the NFL with these corporate-sponsored heroes with some jabs thrown at Hollywood and politics among other things.

Homelander is pretty much Superman but worse. So so SO much worse, even when compared to “Injustice Superman”.

So does Homelander make Injustice Superman look like a saint and all in comparison to him?

He makes “Injustice” Superman look Amish. THAT’s how bad he is! Like, worse than Injustice Supes, but less worse than Lobo (now THAT would be a good fit for MK!).

1 Like

So overall Homelander is basically the Anti-Superman in The Boys universe. And who would be the Anti-Wonder Woman?

Well, Queen Maeve is a sort of parody of Wonder Woman, but she’s not a villain by any stretch of the imagination. Just tired, disillusioned and embittered. The thing that makes the show great, though, isn’t the fact that a lot of these characters are in some form or another satires of well-known superheroes, but they are also complex three-dimensional characters with their unique attributes and layers. My advice is, watch the show for yourself to find out (if you are old enough to). I cannot talk about it anymore without spoiling anything - it’s better for you to see for yourself.

But yeah, returning back to this topic, given the assets NetherRealm has from “Injustice”, it shouldn’t be too hard to include Homelander in MK11 or Injustice 3 as bonus DLC or something.

1 Like