Mortal Kombat 11

MK11 takes alot of influences from KI. Obviously small comparisons like Mira and Scarlet, Kim Wuu and Lui Kang, but one thing am glad that KI didn’t get noticed from was the microtransactions.

Because the game was already pretty much near the end of its life KI’s conquest Shadow Lords mode was overlooked by a lot of players. The things people are complaining about now with MK like the need for single use consumables it straight up Shadow Lords mode. I said then and I’ll say it again now, that mode was intended to make money and it just wasn’t popular which is why we didn’t see any more seasons. Good thing KI didn’t launch with that type of mode or else people would have bashed KI like they are bashing MK right now for their Microtransactions.

1 Like

Well I remember some hostility from the Steam community when that version launched, since some people looked at the MTX and legit thought it was a pay-to-win game. Thankfully people were able to clear up the confusion as much as humanly possible, since at the time games with any kind of MTX were being unfairly compared to EA’s games (BFII controversy was not helping).

Also in regards to MK11’s story I do want to say one small detail for now, and I hope these spoiler tags don’t break (I do not need a repeat of the Steam forums):

I don’t like how Cetrion was handled at all. She did very little and through her actions proved to be no better than Shinnok. I get that order and chaos must exist in harmony, but her words and actions never felt sincere. Honestly a wasted character in the story, especially since she’s one of the most powerful playable characters according to NRS.

1 Like

More Story Spoilers:

I dunno. Personally, I think with Raiden and Liu Kang, given how they were going with the concept of younger versions learning from future mistakes, I imagine it would be pretty hard to close out anything involving an evil Raiden or dead Liu Kang in a meaningful way, especially if good Raiden and Liu’s overall goal is to not become evil or a zombie. As an overall character, I personally feel like Liu Kang’s arc is honestly a satisfying conclusion, given that the whole dead version came about because of flat characterization and bad storytelling in the Midway continuity. I think it sucked that he got killed off simply because they couldn’t figure out how to make him interesting, so the surprise twist at the end of MK11 with Liu was a pleasant surprise, even if it did result in a story dead end. Honestly, I don’t like that the end appears to be leading to yet another reboot, but who knows? Maybe it’ll be for the better.

On a side note, it seems like MK did find an answer to how someone can be killed in one match and get up unscathed for the next. Answer: multiple timelines. If character A kills character B, character B doesn’t get back up, but in a different timeline, character A hasn’t killed character B yet for the second match.

edit: apologies if anyone saw my post while I was failing at spoiler tags.

I think a good moment to signify that something had really changed would be if Liu Kang un-zombied and Raiden un-eviled because their younger selves learned their lessons and fundamentally changed. I feel that would have been better than the evil versions just dying.

That is pretty much what happened though…just not in as cut and dry of a manner.

1 Like

lol, this sucks. I want to talk about what happened but the spoiler tags aren’t cooperating. Or I’m just being a dunce because I’m so sleep deprived after staying up waaaaaay too late last night to finish the story mode.

Hopefully this works.

Nope didn’t work. Seriously, WTF.

You have to do a separate tag for each block of text. It doesn’t work if you hit enter in the middle of it.

2 Likes

Ah, that’ll do it. Thanks!

1 Like

Can’t wait to see!

Also, are the arcade endings voiced over by the characters like Injustice 2?

Yes they are. Seems they are done having a separate actor do all the narrations like in older games.

1 Like

I like it. It makes the clips feel more personal.

Although, one thing I always thought would have been cool for endings that they’ve never done it have a loose canonicity. SOME of them are cannon and some of them aren’t, and it’s up to you to decide and see if you are right in the sequel. (I still wish we got to see Shang Tsung and his army of MIleena clones). But they’ve honestly never been cannon except for loose ideas and concepts that show up later. Which I think is a shame. Especially this time, there’s no way any of these are cannon.

I think they way they’ve handled the concept of multiple timelines, I think they technically made all MK alternate endings canon…kinda.

1 Like

I mean yeah. But that doesn’t exactly give us any hints at possible future story beats.

So what exactly is going on with the Krypt? Are the chests actually random? I won’t be able to play again until later tonight, but from the other activities I did Koins did seem like they’d be very slow grind after you spend the one-time bonuses like the 100,000 you get for starting Krypt (plus completing the tutorials, most likely story mode, etc).

Killer Instinct is also a F2P game in the first place and they started handing out the premium currency for daily logins shortly after IIRC. The mode also made the consumables fairly cheap and allowed a single Killer-tier Guardian to carry you through every run if you wanted. There wasn’t much to complain about.

2 Likes

start simple, memorize timing of at least 1 string. go from there

im no spring chicken myself anymore, gotta work harder now as well so i feel you old man hahahaha

2 Likes

I had a guy on ranked beat me 2-0 with Kano, I came back, Hit him with a Mercy and Came back 2-1, and he called me trash and said that he was up 2, so he could just leave and take the win. Then started to mock me and left, not realizing that the “return to main menu” is basically a forfeit button, so I got the win by default.

Thanks for the free win :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So I finally got a good look at the Switch version in action, and it’s not so bad. The compromises obviously show, but it doesn’t look bad.

1 Like

The Krypt may or may not have a sex dungeon.

1 Like

Kollectors Edition just came in and its amazing!!! It also comes with a special Scorpion GOLD DEMON SKIN!!! Which is not advertised as part of the kollection…sweet!!!

I got #362 out of #20,000!

The mask is top notch but you cant where it… its really more like a bust. THe gold magnetic Dragon emblem is cool too and it sticks to the steel book and the mask base.
I may post a pic or two later… but now time to play!

Wait…NOOBS first skin is called KILGORE??? WTH? lol

2 Likes