Mortal Kombat 11

About as good as the Vita ports of MK9 and a Injustice 1. I could easily see MKXL and I2 running on Switch.

I just want all my favorite NRS games on Switch.

Looks like the switch graphics don’t show a lot when it comes to specular maps on the characters. But i’m sure it will play fine.

3 Likes

There have been a lot of people complaining on Twitter about the downgrade. Personally, I’ve played worse.
hqdefault
And MK on Gameboy didn’t play any better than it looked…about 5fps with horrid hit detection.

Whatever the case, like @BigBadAndy said, why shrug when you can howl with rage?

5 Likes

Those still shots are about the only time you are going to notice those effects anyway. During the game you are going to be worrying about the gameplay not the lighting.

I don’t know what magic they think is going to allow Switch to have graphics like PS4/XboxOne.

5 Likes

Over the years I’ve seen far worse, including: Gameplay being grossly worse than the previous titles, characters being nerfed into the ground/remade in the worse way possible, rosters full of clones, etc. Just a few examples of issues far worse than non-playable characters, since no amount of returning fan favorites will ever excuse terrible gameplay mechanics.

With that said to each their own, but I’m too old and jaded to care about anything other than gameplay at this point. If I have to pay $60 + DLC for the whole experience then the gameplay better justify that price tag, since I bought a game and not a movie. And honestly if I personally had time to be angry about video games, I could probably use that energy to make my own games. In a hundred years I mean, I know nothing at game design and am bad at math to boot.

Dark magic probably. But seriously I’m still surprised at the amount of people who think the Switch is some kind of handheld PS4, when it’s more like a handheld PS3. And we all remember how those PS3/360 ports of MKX had to be straight-up cancelled because of hardware limitations.

2 Likes

I hear the entire DLC roster got leaked

I can’t wait to see terminator gameplay in his trailer. It’s gonna be awesome! But one thing that bothers me is DC Joker is going to be in MK11. I thought Ed Boon confirmed that they won’t put any DC characters in Mortal Kombat games.

hmmm seems suspicious.

I saw it too, but I only saw six.

Honestly, The Joker is one of the few DC characters that would work in MK unapologetically.

This probably isn’t all the DLC though. I’m still thinking we could see 2-3 more down the line.

Sorry. It won’t let me blur the spoiler. I’m trying.

FRIENDLY MOD EDIT: Spoiler tags apparently only work on a single line - if you press enter you will need to use two spoiler tags. I’ve hidden the first part of your message for you (since I was in the post anyway).

Testing spoiler functionality.

Stop being annoying site >.<

The Mask would be neat

1 Like

I still want Mars Attack Martian

1 Like

My guess is people are expecting it to be “as good” of a port as Doom.
I don’t think those people realize Doom itself made several compromises to allow it to function on the Switch, especially when it comes to it’s 30(or less) FPS frame rate. Personally I think it’s kinda impressive that MK11 is supposedly going to rock a steady 60FPS and still looks as good as it does.

2 Likes

My dad will like Ash. He’s a big Evil Dead fan, although we’re not really caught up on the show.

1 Like

THe show is great! THe movies are good for what they are and the era they came out in. I think he will be a great MK character but Id rather have Myers. Hell both would be great!

1 Like

Freddy Jason and Ash are the holy trinity of horror films. It makes sens he’d be here now.

1 Like

I don’t know if the leak is real but if it is i guess the environment name character is rain. Who is the story name character? And GOTY?

1 Like

LETS GO

I hope this year is a VERY SPECIAL MOTHER’S DAY EVENT :face_with_hand_over_mouth::crystal_ball::woman_shrugging::video_game:

2 Likes

It could also be a new stage. Who knows. Because I’m sure they don’t do repeats. Even though Rain is on my list of wanted characters.

2 Likes