Mortal Kombat 11

Been playing Skarlet mostly for the beta. I wish this beta had a training mode avaliable, I learn my stuff easier that way lol.

2 Likes

You had the button right but I was confused because that’s the interact button not the stance. Since I changed the buttons I was trying to hit my alternate stance instead of my alternate interact. So now I have it sorted. Thanks man.

Yes I can, and since you invited me to I guess I will. What does how terrible you are at online games have to do with whether Xbox live is a scam or not? There’s a huge difference between something you don’t think is worthwhile and something that is a scam.

A scam is something where they lie to you are charge you an amount of money that is far in excess of what they give you. Xbox Live is not that.

And, not for nothing, why do you want to fight about that? You absolutely could ask for an offline demo without saying anything about Xbox live and tons of people would agree woth you. Instead, given the opportunity to move on you double down and offer the weirdest logic I’ve ever heard and then ask me, explicitly, to argue. And I know you’re going to react as though I’m somehow being mean to you in which case don’t say stuff like “can you honestly say I’m wrong?”

4 Likes

So, MK11 is fun so far. Let’s keep the discussion in this thread about MK11, Sí?

So, Baraka really clicks with me. Still learning a lot of stuff, which is hard without a training mode, but I like a lot of his moves so far like to running stabby-grabby and the swipey-swipey-swipey ad infinum one. The Scooby Doo style “Face Off” fatality also makes me smile.*
Edit: that typo was embarrassing…or rather smelly :joy:

2 Likes

I’m learning Scorpion a little. So far he plays pretty well. I lost two fights against a Baraka player but I had fun, so I’m good.

1 Like

The lack of a training mode or even a moves list you can scroll through outside a match is pretty bad.

So far I’m really enjoying the game. It’s very fundamental - you have to know what’s punishable and what moves you can punish with and when it’s your turn. It’s slower pace means it’s not just wild 50/50 all the time, which I really like.

1 Like

I’ve just had the moves list on my IPad and I glance at it every chance I get during a match lol. Glad I have some decent fundamentals :joy:

1 Like

Auto correct is really putting in the work in this thread XD

I just watched a K&M video about Flawless blocking. @FallofSeraphs76 you could try that if people are just going ham with the uppercuts and return the favor with your own uppercut.

Also, could someone explain the point of an online stress test that is limited to one country?

1 Like

My bad lol

I never use the Stance Button or Interactables so I just assumed that was it

Yes finally figured out its right bumper to amplify moves…but someof them still have odd timings and it doesnt explain when to do it like past NR games.

Scorpion players…try using the Air Sin Blade special move. It causes a ground bounce exactly like MKX…there for you can follow up with combos just like MKX…which feels good and familiar. I like this set up…
Flame breath
Air Sin Blade
Burning Spear or Demon Dash

I tried the Demon stance and its just to stationary for my liing right now. Also Death Spin chain swing looks and animates awesomely but its hard to use in a match as Scorpion is soooooo unsafe on just about everything.

**BTW… Scarlet no longer has short hair…you cant change it either as of now. Long hair or the hat, thats it.

2 Likes

Here is the list of wake up attacks, escapes, combo break escapes, and air escapes…also hop attacks… get used ot them becasue this is where the real meta is going to take place.

1. > Quick hop:

tap up (do a very short tap, can only be done neutral, no forward or back, follow up with punch or kick)

> Wake up moves:

1. u3 - Invincible attack (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar)
  2. u2 - Launcher (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar
  3. f+stance (L2) - Forward roll (uses 1 def. bar) (strike invulnerable) (throws can beat it)
  4. b+stance (L2) - Back roll (same as above)

> (no delayed wakeups)
>
> Breakaway (combo breaker, sort of):

d+block (R2) while you are in a juggle state (uses 2 defensive bars)

> Flawless block:

tap block just before getting hit (you won’t take chip damage, there are 2 follow ups)

1. u3 - Same as wake up u3
  2. u2 - Same as wake up u2

> Air escape d+R2 is the new combo breaker.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to beat Skarlet’s Mix up of Fwd 4, 3, x Blood Tentacle? Like if you don’t cancel, you have to (seems like) guess a 50/50 grab mix up and I’m wondering if there is something I can do like a poke or interruption.

Sadly, I’m sure this is just about having some control over the test conditions and they might as well do the test in their single biggest market. Yeah it sucks if you can’t participate.

I kompletely (heh heh) forgot about the perfect blocking. Can you remind me how that’s supposed to work? In a game at this pace I suspect it’s going to become really important.

Edit: going to throw my beta test up on mixer. No microphone because the kids are wandering around but if people are interested feel free.

Similar to Smash but not quite, you time your block just before the attack hits and you take no chip damage and reduced blockstun, meaning you can punish what would normally be safe strings (In Smash, you release shield instead of holding it to get a perfect parry). Seems the only options you get out of it for now are the wake-up options of up+2 or up+3.

There’s the video explaining it a bit better.

There’s a saying, if you can’t beat them, watch them on Mixer. That’s what I’m doing now.

1 Like

I had to take a break but I will get back on in a bit.

I’ve had a few matches where the WiFi of my opponent is killing me - just making that hairs difference between reactable and not reactable on stuff. But for the most part I’m increasingly impressed by the game. When I lose, I know why and I’m not struggling to understand what’s happening. Generally you’re making simple Rock Paper Scissors choices, but it’s clear that understanding the spacing and timing of moves, meaty setups and what’s punishable will make a big difference.

This might actually be a game I spend some time trying to improve with.

1 Like

Holy cow, so many people disconnect when they lose. It’s a stress test for crying out loud.

2 Likes

I have zero connection issues and I like how it shows if they are wifi or direct line users.
Ive had 1 instance where it dragged for like 1 second and it wasnt a factor. THe game feels great and looks amazing.
Ive never liked Scorpion but I like this version for sure. I cant wait to see the entire roster and all the fun it will be customizing each character…OMG its going to be epic! IM about to get on…maybe I will find you lol

I have definitely had some issues here and there with the online but for the most part it’s pretty good.

Also worth mentioning that the load times are great.

Yes load times are great! I just had a match that lagged pretty bad.

Right now my biggest annoyance is…Scorpion is unsafe on everything…bad!
SKarlet is not…and the SKarlet players do that same ■■■■ combo over and over…XXY XXY…blood grab. If you block it, when you punish they are able to jab out if they choose the right one. Its defintiely not as unsafe as Scorpion. Scorpion is blocked…he eats a full combo and you better hope it isnt a good player with a long crushing blow string… especially Barakas…ouch.

THe punishment, “its my turn” balance is a little off IMO. Maybe its the input delay? If it s you have to mash super early and hope they arent mashing to jab it out and catch you on rock paepr scissors style jab out.

Got about 100 games in before my xbox live went down on the east coast.