Mods for PC version?

I mean he might just be one of those people that starts a project, makes decent progress, and then just loses interest. Everyone trying to contact him is probably just annoying him.

1 Like

Iā€™m not an engineer, but having worked with a number of startups many times talented programmers/designers/whatever are 100% confident that they can do something until the moment they hit a wall. Itā€™s possible that he got a new job, possible that he was hired by IG, or possible (in my book most likely thanks to Occamā€™s Razor) he is a gifted graphic artist who hit some sort of snag with proprietary tools that made integration impossible. With the number of people on here who were clamoring for fixes/customs/racy outfits and the excitement he generated with his initial posts it might be tough to come back and admit itā€™s not going to happen. Itā€™s not just him, either - people who have gleefully modded dozens of other games seem to be struggling with KI. The time-to-product ratio is just too great.

2 Likes

most likely the final step of playing with a mod in-game canā€™t be figured out yet. big difference between extracting data from files and getting the game to play with modded files injected back in. Dat Win10 store protectionā€¦

1 Like

I think M$ paid him to stop any modding or face a lawsuit.

you do see that those are only slightly different, Fulgure is just a tad too bulky and Wulf needs a few more follicles of facial hair and slightly less jaw muscle, they are above 90% indentical

Youā€™re blind.

Couldā€™ve swore he said he got it running with Aganosā€™s flower switched for his club.

But regardless, thereā€™s no currently-feasible technology Microsoft couldā€™ve implemented that could keep people from modding UWP games ā€“ any computer scientist worth their salt should be able to tell you that ā€“ and I doubt they even really tried to obfuscate things beyond hiding some folders. Certainly thereā€™s not a lot of evidence of such measures ā€“ if you look at the stated goals of UWP (which of course gamers wouldnā€™t, because itā€™s a whole lot of boring dev talk) itā€™s all about standardizing things like installation and uninstallation across technologies and platforms, providing cross-platform APIs, etc. Basically cleaning up the Win32 mess, before said mess drives people over to Apple and Google platforms.

Not that I can speak to beterthnyuā€™s absence. Maybe he is stumped on some proprietary something-or-other. He struck me as more of an artist who can hack around than an engineer, so thatā€™s not really evidence that modding KI is hard. Maybe a better explanation still is that he is suffocating under an inexorable pile of crunch in his irl job, because heā€™s a game developer and thatā€™s a pretty common situation for game developers to find themselves in. The idea that MS is involved seems unlikely, though ā€“ MS probably doesnā€™t care, even if they do they probably canā€™t keep him from discussing c&d orders, and I sure as hell canā€™t see them hiring someone with as little respect for the developers as heā€™s demonstrated no matter how good he is.

1 Like

To all the folks worried about our modder freind give emā€™ some time. When youā€™re wrappe din your work like this, sometimes you tend to be so enveloped you forget to socialize once and awhile.

Either that or something came up in his life and he has to deal with it right now.

As anxious as some of you are to see what heā€™s up to, admittedly the guy is clearly hard at work!

to the OP: Keep doing what you do :thumbsup:

1 Like

sorry but thatā€™s 100% wishful thinking. Heā€™s not responding PMā€™s. He wants nothing to do with KI mods anymore. Weā€™ll never know why probably

He probably found some files that suggest Sonic The Hedgehog will be the final Season 3 character.

1 Like

To be fair:

He is making his own Ki as well apparently because he hates this one:

that post is from last yearā€¦it means nothing anymore.

I used to like think that too.

But I wouldnā€™t get your hopes up for this guys.

all is kil

it do

he died :confused:

nah, he dided lol jk O_o

Are Killer Instinct mods dead? I need a confirmation. Now. lol

1 Like

Seems like it. I hope not because I want to play as jago with a lightsaber damnit lol but seeing how things are now it looks like mods wonā€™t be a thing unfortunately.

Were you all relying on just one guy to do the modding in this game? Hes just one person. The dream is not dead. I just find it weird that he went dark after posting so often and so much.

There will be plenty of modders out there if its even possible to mod it. I do 3d modelling and would be curious to do some if/once someone figures out how to get assets into the game.

2 Likes