Mira Tech Thread!

No worries, man, glad it can be of help to other players! The lab time comes in handy for me mostly, because while experimenting with this and training to get the vids recorded I’m practicing my muscle memory ^^

So it’s a win/win scenario! =D

2 Likes

Added all your vids and notes up top @Skryba, good info man!

1 Like

Thanks, m8 =D the first topic has a lot of info already. Pretty good for people who wanna pick her up! Keep up the good work :wink:

1 Like

You are a genuis man To think you design the whole Ki guide page by youself. That is ridiculous. I always thought it was infiltration from sf4 that did them,( kappa) Are you even human ?

added sajam’s character breakdown vid to OP under video section. enjoy!

Most solid Mira play I’ve seen up to date:

Some very good tech to steal in this set between Bass and BM Kada. I’ve only just watched the first couple of matches, but I’ve already seen a few things I’m gonna test out, mainly a few juggles and cashing them out with shadow reaping!

2 Likes

awesome! ill edit the OP and include this, thank you!

1 Like

I cant grasp these cross up mist stuff at all

Any tips or drills i can do?

I was having problems also, I starting getting better when I looked at the hight of the jump to mist setup. Sometimes the combo is mist a full jump hight, and sometimes it is right off the ground.

I hope this is helps you or anyone.

Arbiter players really ought to be extra careful using his grenade vs mira. If you stick her and you don’t have a shield, you just gave her ammunition for an extremely potent mixup. Since her mist form is invincible, once stuck she can use it for an extremely hard to block left/right mixup by misting through him. Because of the stagger when it explodes, she has plenty of time to confirm the hit. Of course, if he has a shield he can ignore the hitstun entirely, so keep track of whether he has one or not.

3 Likes

Simple question, what do you do off blocked qcf HK and B+HP and HP? Is there a go to normal or string or special? They’re all + on block but how + ya know? Plus enough for light normals? Not quite sure on how to abuse that frame advantage.

Heavy drill is +2 I believe, and while back HP is listed as +5 ingame iirc it’s actually only +2. Off either of them you should be able to use close MK to frame trap them. Of course, from her normals you also have bats as an option to reset pressure, or go into a mixup.

1 Like

Good thing about stand MK is both the close and far versions have 6f of startup so no matter the spacing stand MK is a good button here.

1 Like

What stops you from just doing close MK into qcf HK infinitely? Is their pushback or something to keep the normal from coming out?

Qcf HK costs a ton of health and is easily shadow countered.

Also, if s.MK is 6f startup will it stop an opponent from jumping? Jumps have 4f startup, right? Or is it 5 in KI? If it’s 4f pre jump, then the s.MK will hit on the 1st frame of the jump, and will already juggle instead of catching the opponent grounded, right?

I ask this because I usually go for s.LP > 236HK precisely because I’m under the impression that her mediums won’t be a guaranteed grounded hit.

Oh, and I’m referring to after a blocked 236HK, which is +2. s.HP is +3 I think, so s.MK should be good to go there.

1 Like

Ok, so, double post since I finally got around to testing this. So, we do have 4 pre jump frames, meaning that at the 5th frame the character will jump. But it appears that on that first frame he will still no juggle, but instead he will get hit grounded, so for that effect s.MK is good to go.

On the other hand, since throws beat normals in priority, and since throws have 4 frames of startup (active on the 5th), s.MK will always lose to a throw/throw tech attempt. Since throw/hit is our main mixup after a blocked 236HK, I’d say you don’t want to go for s.MK, but instead go for s.LP. This way you guarantee you win over any button, including a throw attempt, that your opponent presses, unless it has strike invulnerability frames.

According to my testing, btw, and I didn’t check frame by frame, but I do believe I’m right on this, s.HP is +2 as well, and not +3. I say this, because s.MK is still beaten by a throw attempt after a blocked s.HP, just like after 236HK and 4HP. If s.HP were indeed +3, s.MK would beat throws. Unless, of course, s.MK doesn’t really have 6f of startup, but is slower than that instead xD

Easy to test frame advantage with a capture card.

back+HP is +2 on block, st.HP is +3 on block.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for clearing that up then. So, did I just test this wrong, or why is s.MK losing to a throw after a blocked s.HP?

You need to be frame perfect on the mk or the throw will beat you, this could be what’s happening.

Yeah, it definitely could. But I did test it a bunch of times and didn’t get it once. The dummy recording always threw me out of the MK… Did I really mess it up 5 or 10 times in a row? XD (waiting to hear “yeah, ya did, ya big n00b” x))