Mira Tech Thread!

Yeah you did you big noob! But seriously, yeah I managed to get the MK to beat grabs so it does work, but IMO why bother risking being a frame late when you can just do jab with much more lenient timing?

1 Like

So I decided to see what her optimal opener punish is for those situations where you get the chance to start a combo with a heavy:

Most damaging no blood opener:
Back+HP > Light Spiral Arrow

Most damaging blood spending opener:
HP > Heavy Spiral Arrow (though medium spiral arrow does only 1%/ 5 points less damage while costing you only half the blood cost of the heavy version so IMO the medium version is more than worth it over the heavy unless that one percent will make the difference between you winning or losing.)

1 Like

Damn x’D oh well, my fault for apparently testing that s.MK thing wrong. I also blame SFV for giving me those amazing wake up and block recovery recording options in the lab that allow me to test this kind of stuff properly. Got used to those and now I find it a damn hassle trying to test this stuff out with just the dummy recording setting xD

Anyway, thing is, opening with 236HK gives you a manual of any strength afterwards. I’d say in most situations that’s worth the extra life loss, unless you specifically wanna go for a very short combo with light AD’s or light linker directly to ender.

So, got some lab time, did some exploring with the whole 214HP/MP > shadow bats safe mixup. It’s, IMO, a really good way to pop instinct and capitalize on a hit. With good timing we can manual the first instinct bat into the combo to extend it and give the vampire mist time to stack up on potential damage.

Labbed out a few tricky to break combos. Stupidly damaging stuff, manuals only. If our opponent isn’t looking for the key points in which to break (recapture, mostly, but by that time 50% dmg will already have gone anyway xD), they’re done for. Also, some variations without recap, using instead shadow reaping to cash out the juggle for equally huge damage.

In this situation, we’ll either wanna go for dmg ender to end the round, or for juggle for extreme dmg with more break chances. Embrace or bat enders don’t really make sense since vampire mist is actively healing our recoverable dmg as we combo.

Hope you guys enjoy the videos:

First the instinct activation combo into dmg ender with all 3 variations (all 3 drill allow for any strength manual after the manual’d bat):

And a few juggle ender extensions that get ridiculously damaging really fast:

5 Likes

Holy crap, that instinct setup is vicious. Even if you don’t go for the heavy manual I imagine extending with a medium/light linker would give enough time for the mist to boost the ender level to 4, yeah?

Actually, if you time it right you can get level 4 even with a medium manual if I remember correctly. Not sure if light manual does it as well or not. With HK drill probably only heavy because it’s the variation that ends faster.

In any case, any extra linker will get you to level 4 no doubt. I tried to go for the minimum break points I could for the setup to work, anything extra will increase the dmg by a lot. If your opponent locks out just throw in a heavy reaping linker and you should get 60+% dmg with dmg ender instead of the juggle.

holy sh!!t those juggles o_0 90% WTF lolol

1 Like

Ugh! I feel so horrible! I suck (no pun intended) with Mira so bad. I lost to a Level 1 Cinder… :frowning:

I also just remembered that the left top bumper is the three punch button (I’ve had it disabled since the Aganos patch due to a glitch).

It’s gonna take a LONG time for me to get good with this character, but my goodness she’s my Sadira away from Sadira. :smiley:

Has anyone explored what she can do after a wall splat besides regain health? I feel like there could be some really dirty stuff with the mountain of hit stun it causes but I can’t think of anything.

1 Like

I have, but only shallowly. Haven’t delved really deep into it, but for starters we can get an ambiguous left right jump in with instant air dash.

Do it early enough, you land j.HK from the front. Do it a bit later you land j.HK as a crossup.

Thing is, you have so much time after the wall splat, that you actually need to wait a moment before doing the instant air dash.

I’ll lab it out a bit more next time I can hit training mode, and I’ll also be looking at a good oki setup for a hard KD from c.HK after a juggle ender. From the top of my head I’d say we can probably time and space a jump so we get a safe jump crossup j.HK, and if we air backdash at the right time of the jump we get j.HK from the front.

@WebNRaGnArOk lol don’t beat yourself up like that. Most characters in KI take quite a bit of getting used to, to start really grasping their neutral and combos (with the occasional exception), and Mira specifically I feel has so much stuff that we need to keep track of, in terms of resources, that’s it’s reeeaally easy to lose track and throw away games just like that. Just keep at it.

still havent gotten back into KI that hard yet, just responded to an FT10 request from a forum member then back to the DOOM grind. i am so behind with Mira its ridiculous, work load i have also doesnt help so i get home dead (no pun intended) lol

Thanks! It also doesn’t help that I am very aggressive and I forget you have to be careful with Mira and decide whether I want to cash out mega damage, or do a little less damage and get my health back. It’s certainly a learning curve. I feel like a noob at times. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So I have some matchup questions. I got to gold yesterday with Mira and the tech in this thread helped a lot. But i’m having trouble dealing with Rash, Riptor, and Shadow Jago. They just seem to ignore a lot of my offense and just pressure like crazy, and i’m not sure what to do to stop that. Does anyone have any advice?

So, as promised, here are a few wallbounce and juggle HKD setups.

In the corner, while you can go for a left right ambiguous air dash setup, like I’d mentioned, I don’t really think that’s the best idea. It’s still a 50/50 block, so you run the risk of having it blocked and being stuck in the corner, forced to mist out and lose pressure or get punished. On top of that, unfortunately I couldn’t come up with a setup to time it properly and it’s rather easy to do it too soon and still be building KV within the previous combo, or too late and risk getting jab out of your air dash.

IMO, the best thing to go for after a wallsplat is just like what the other chars do: hard KD setup. Either with a sweep, or with a normal grab. The reaping is always meaty in these setups, so only inv reversals will beat it. For the sweep setup you need to wait just a few frames before doing the reaping, the timing is slightly tricky because the moves have a long startup and only 2 active frames, but nothing too much as it’s pretty soon after the KD. For the grab one, just do as in the video, buffer a whiffed light embrace and then buffer the reaping. If done frame perfect it’s always a guaranteed meaty.

Wall splat setups:

Juggle ender HKD setups:

Oh, and with this testing, I believe I found a bug with Mira’s command grab. After any sort of hard KD, until there’s a soft KD, her command grab becomes a hard KD, for some reason. Only raw command grab, though, not the embrace ender. Will report it in the bug thread with a video soon.

2 Likes

Rash I honestly don’t know the matchup, so can’t help much there. I will say that wrecking ball is an easy AA afterwards, from what I’ve tested. Just block and then c.HP when they’re falling for a free punish.

Shago you should play it patiently. You can probably outzone him with bats, if he tries to stick back and chunk FB’s at you. If he comes in with specials, just block and punish, as everything but the surged slide is unsafe. s.MP should punish for free any of his other specials on block. If he goes ham with j.HP mist outta there (or wait for v 3.15 and he won’t be at frame adv after the move anymore, so just block and jab xD). I know this sounds easier on paper, but it is the way to go at the matchup.

Riptor… I have no idea xD haven’t faced one yet. Dunno if her predator stance goes under bats or if she has any other options to circumvent them. Dunno if her sweep will be too bad in the footsies. I do know, though, that mist allows us to escape her setplay, and this should be a big advantage on the matchup, as Riptor is all about the short combos into hard KD > flame carpet and/or mortars setplay.

2 Likes

Cinder’s a hard matchup. Lack of AA hurts especially bad vs him, and he has a consistent way to deal with left/right mixups in fireflash. Add his anti-mist tools to that and it can be a struggle. You’ll need to make up for that by making every hit you get count and taking advantage of the massive difference in damage output between the two of you. You still have strong approach options so use em! You have stronger footsie tools too, but if you want him to play that game you’ll have to force him out of the air.

The anti air grab is good against Cinder and Rash wrecking ball.

Thanks for the tips, I’ve been struggling with the Cinder matchup too. I guess I have to lab anti-airing with the grab, because when I try to do it online, I tend to get stuffed a lot. But so many matchups come down to individual mistakes, this character is so fun, but so stressful to play. And it feels the worst when you have the lead and you’re mixing them up, drop one thing, then lose your whole lifebar because you couldn’t heal. But it’s still early, i’m surprised i’m having as much success with the character as I am.

I find with Cinder I have more success air to airing him than anti-airing him. Jumping MP is pretty good for this. The only downside is that you can’t get a combo off of it whereas if you ■■■■■ it up and he hits you he does get a full combo.

thanks for the vids they def help a ton!!!

1 Like

Are there any Mira tournament players worth watching yet? I’ve seen a few people bring her out at tournaments but they seem to just get wrecked and lose or switch to someone else.