Mira Tech Thread!

Anyways to capitalize off cr hp into medium reaper can we shadow bats and recapture or?

You can most definitely recapture off her cannon strike ender into lk timings just early and I’ve gotten easy 50 out if it

Ok, so, finally got around to messing with Mira some more in the lab. Mostly studied oki setups involving mist and air dash and her juggle ender as well. A few finds:

• Normal grab not only gives us access to LP bat setups to force our opponent to block and then try to open them, like we see in @SithLordEDP 's video, but it also gives us a 50/50 left/right mixup with j.HK.

• grab > neutral jump > up mist just a bit off ground > air dash forward > j.HK

• if you air dash right after mist you get a meaty crossup
    • if you air dash a few frames later you get a meaty front jump in
  • s.LP links to 236HK. I find this borderline broken, IMO. Basically any blockstring ending in 236HK puts our opponent into a 50/50 situation. Either block and get grabbed (and between all the setups she gets from any grab, this is quite dangerous) or try and tech grab and get clipped by s.LP > 236K > any strength manual. If he blocks s.LP > 236K he’s put back into the same situation. In this situation, LK bite will also beat any button our opponent presses that isn’t throw inv, which will give us a way to regain health lost with 236HK. And lastly, up mist after a blocked 236HK with punish throw tech attempts as well as evade most reversals in the game and punish them.

• Juggle ender gives us tons of setups afterwards, like the following:

• s.MP > up/forward mist > air dash > j.HK crossup meaty for combo if they quick rise > s.HP meaty when you land from the j.HK if they didn’t quick rise (will only hit 2nd hit, so not susceptible to shadow counter)
    • s.HK > up/forward mist > air dash > j.HK front jump in meaty if they quick rise > s.HP meaty if they don’t (will only hit 2nd hit, so not susceptible to shadow counter)
    • s.MP > up/forward mist > fall to the ground > s.MP/c.MK meaty > 236HK
    • s.HP > forward mist > s.HK meaty > 236HK
  • If you see your opponent trying to guess break the manual after the juggle ender it’s an invitation to go for manual > recapture. If they guess wrong, with the lockout you’ll get an easy 30% off the recapture.

• Those setups I mentioned that give us s.HP meaty with only one hit should be really good, because we’re at +3 frames on block without being liable to get shadow countered.

• MP bats > dash forward > LK drill / MK drill, if well timed, should be a nice mixup. Both will be safe pressure because the bats will cover the drill recovery, and if we get the timing right, they shouldn’t be a blockstring, so it’ll force our opponent to see if the drill crosses up or not, to know if they need to block left or right. This is just theoretical, don’t really know if this one is actually hard to react to or not, haven’t tested it against ppl at all, just something I remembered trying in the lab that seemed cool.

4 Likes

Backdash after blocking the heavy spiral arrow will avoid both jab and grab attempts. Plus the heavy spiral arrow is easy to shadow counter and is one of her more health expensive attacks so I don’t think this is broken.

4 Likes

Anyway to show us a video of all that?

Oh, when I say borderline broken, I don’t mean it’s actually broken xD I just mean it’s really really good, and that if it didn’t eat away considerably at her health it would be OP, IMO.

Any situation in which you force your opponent to guess and lets you capitalize on wrong guesses is very advantageous to you. And the fact that she can put an opp into such a situation from any blocked normal at mid range is very strong. Backdashing a s.LP in that situation should, in theory, be punishable on reaction.

236HK is buffered into s.LP, it won’t come out unless it’s blocked or it hits, and you should have time to press s.MP on reaction to the backdash and catch it’s recovery frames for a full combo anyway! I’ll test that out when I manage to get some lab time again.

@Dism3mbermenT yeah I wanted to record this last night, but couldn’t get around to it. Honestly, if I were on the ps4 I would’ve already, but I’m not entirely sure how the Xbox one’s recording and streaming capabilities work (only basically bought it for KI, really ^^).

OK so - you do the thing you want to make a video of, then you go to Game DVR and choose “End Clip Here” - you will have options for capturing the last 30 seconds, up to 5 minutes. From there you go to Upload Studio, trim it however you like, then from the editor you share it to One-Drive - viola, you’ve got some raw footage to use!

I personally think that the process is too cumbersome and a bit of a PITA - but it beats spending cash on a capture card :wink:

1 Like

An alternative route is to “snap” the Game DVR, select “start clip now” and then “start recording,” then return to the game, play out whatever things you want to show off, and then return to the snapped Game DVR and select “stop recording.” From there you can follow the Upload Studio/One Drive steps as Marble outlined it.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to get on well with her shes more fun then maya

Ok, so here go a few videos. Kinda troublesome, this DVR app, but better than nothing.

Here’s the throw left/right setup I was talkin’ about. The timing is somewhat tricky to get used to, but it seems really ambiguous to me:

Here are a few juggle ender setups, each first with quick rise off, and then on. They all allow us to input a meaty s.HP in case the opp doesn’t quick rise. Bear in mind, I haven’t tested any of this stuff out in real matches, just lab work for now, so don’t know how efficient they’ll actually be out in the field! xD

(Please ignore the auto doubles only combos, I was only focusing on displaying the setups, didn’t wanna bother with proper combos xD)

MP juggle:

HP juggle:

HK juggle:

LK juggle (bit tricky, very late timing to get the manual):

All of these manuals can be a combo into recapture if you see your opponent guess breaking on the manual hit, to get off a free 50%+ cashout with something like this:

Also, a setup with no manual, empty mist juggle:

5 Likes

Omg I’ll never use mist like thst its either to fer or high

wowee!! now thats some good tech! fighting her like thise just seems like there is silver blood flowing and splashing around her opponent , so cool!

2 Likes

a bit of anti-mira stuff today, sorry :stuck_out_tongue: but it’s necessary! knowing when you can be punished is part of progressing toward more optimal decision making.

an incomplete doc of various ways mira can be punished if she uses mist on wakeup. some characters have much better options than others; I thought thunder would be in a good place being able to OS sammamish and punish, but it actually has poor option coverage unless he does it as a meaty. if you OS sammamish she can just airdash forward and avoid all of the followups. poor thunder :frowning:

4 Likes

How do you guys open people when they are getting cornered ? Since most of her mix up come from ambiguous cross up with dash or mist. I struggle pretty hard for now because I can’t rely always on med or heavy reaping because I’m getting shadow countered way too much.

just poppin in to again give everyone appreciation for their input thus far. you guys are seriously knocking it out of the park for anybody who is an aspiring Mira player! i havent been on KI as of late, but upon my return i plan to hit it hard and see what tech i can find to share. apparently ive got quite the full plate with all that is being posted on here (and for anybody else lol)

3 Likes

I’ll usually harass with low pokes and jump normals, or I’ll stay at 3/4 - 7/8 distance of St.MP and harass with that and light bats. I try to keep my corner pressure Silver-Neutral or Silver-Economic. YMMV.

Dude, seriously. This thread is AMAZING. How lucky am I, that both of my mains now have the most active sub-forums in terms of tech? Thanks so much everyone (and to you as well @R1stormrider for creating this thread)!

1 Like

Looking forward to watching these when I get home from work - thanks so much for putting in all this work.

1 Like

If you have the time, it would be convenient for all if you could gather up stuff like links and important posts and add them to the OP. There’s a lot of info in the topic but it becomes a bit troublesome to scroll through it all after a while.

1 Like

OP updated and with some flash. enjoy vampires, and may your familiars keep you safe during the daylight

2 Likes

Nicely done man. :thumbsup:

1 Like