Mira Tech Thread!

Finally got to play again lol. Im still in the process of getting my bearings with her but while playing in the lab, I was able to double manual off her fierce kick auto double. Cr. Lk to st. Lk.

Instinct cancelling off ex bats Is way good. You can hit the opponent with vampire mist and then cross up with mist or go for a 50/50 mix up. The fact they hold opponents in place is basis for many options and tech we can capitalize with. I’m gonna look for set ups using it.

I’m also having a hard time AA opponents. Best I’ve had any luck with is her mk. Grab. So I’ve been meeting them in the air with mp. It has good reach, helps against jumping shagos. Lol

Ironic story of the night: my friend can’t play KI worth a crap. He gets his hands on mira and it’s like he’s been playing for months lol. Even he was surprised

For the record, my Mira guide page has a stub up right now, complete with max damage counter break combos and breaker trainer for shadow Trephine (though it’s pretty easy to break):

http://ki.infil.net/mira.html

You’ll notice the counter breaker combos are very specific; you need to hold MP+MK during the counter breaker to get an automatic heavy linker during the transition, then do two light manuals with specific timing (if you do it too late, the combo will work but it will be breakable at the end just barely). You get 75% damage meterless with no white damage to start though, which is monstrous (next closest for no bar is 54%, no other character gets 75% even with two bars). As most have said, I would never spend bar during her counter breaker combos, it’s just not worth it considering how good shadow bats and shadow bite are.

If you’re not comfortable doing the “weird” version of her counter break combo, you can do the “low risk” version which is just like any other CB combo, which still does 68% and does virtually no blood damage to her.

3 Likes

Very few people I play have been breaking the recapture on the first hit, since it gives you plenty of time to wait and break the second. A workaround for this is MP reap cancelled into shadow bats–the timing to get it to juggle is a bit tricky but the success rate on getting a lockout from it is ■■■■ near 100%. You also won’t get that much damage from it though, so I generally just settle for ending it at the MP reap. It’s a hard knockdown on air hit and mira is very mean to people waking up so it’s usually good enough for me. Keeping the combo going would be more useful after an air-to-air than after an ender, but you really can’t do that because when she hits air-to-air after airdashing forward she basically never hits them in such a way that they’ll be high enough for shadow bats to juggle after MP reap. She can more easily juggle with normals straight into shadow bats, but without the mixup between MP/HP reap you’re way less likely to lock them out. You can also finish with shadow reap after MP reap and that’s generally about the same amount of damage as the short combo you could get after the shadow bats, but honestly I think it’s better to just go for the knockdown.

Here’s another little neat thing: HK bite has a very short recovery on whiff, only 27 frames. In comparison, thunder’s grabs have 47/48 frames of recovery on whiff, and if you jump during the startup by the time you land you might be able to do normal xx shadow opener to punish. For mira though, if you jump her HK bite instead of poking it out of startup, it’s possible she may even be able to block if you try to punish with an air normal. Granted, you shouldn’t be counting on this to happen when you use HK bite, but it’s just a little bonus the move has.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested in following along with the ups and downs of trying to learn Mira for a month, please check out my newest Ranked Challenge thread; Mira was chosen as my character for the month of May by the community.

I will be dipping into the shared knowledge here from time to time (assuming I’m physically capable of putting your information into practice!) and hopefully I will be able to have a successful, entertaining month of Ranked games as Mira to share with everybody!

4 Likes

goodluck man! there has been so much info in this thread, everyone who has contributed one way or another is a reason why this community is so damn good. anybody looking to pick up the vamp, will be pleased for sure!

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again - I freaking love this thread.

The thread’s gotten a little long so I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned it already but a great offensive use of instinct is cancelling the first hit of shadow bats after reap and dropping the mist on them during the block/hitstun. If they block the reap, you’ll recover soon enough to do another reap, and you’ll spawn an instinct bat soon enough to get a bit of coverage after it. If it hits you can continue the combo into whatever, and the potential damage the mist builds will make the combo much more damaging.

3 Likes

You can add 11% unbreakable damage after a wall splat ender with 2 bars of meter using shadow bats, shadow reaping cash out. Not something you will want to do all the time, but might be useful finishing off life bar etc. Unbreakable damage is always nice.

2 Likes

So here’s just a video of some of the stuff she can do off the light bats after a throw. The opponent is basically forced to take your mix up if they don’t have the meter to projectile invincible on wake up (though I think Spinal and Tusk can go projectile invincible without meter, plus Glacius can liquidize and another Mira can mist so keep an eye out for those.) I’m sure most of you already know some if not all of these but I figured I’d put them in video form for anyone that didn’t.

As you can see she has a ton of options, and I didn’t even go for any cross up lows or stayed on the opposite side or anything involving her frame traps, there is literally too much stuff for one video. Not to mention you can mix and match anything you see here depending on what you want to do.

Also if you’re worried about the reapings getting shadow countered you can always cancel your normals into throws or bats instead as a way to bait them out.

8 Likes

Really good stuff! :thumbsup:

I don’t think that cancelling to bats is going to bait shadow counters for the same reason I don’t think using medium normals before heavy reap would cause lockouts in juggles. There’s just no good reason to shadow counter before the move has already started (the first hit gives you plenty of time to react and shadow counter,) other than maybe trying to catch someone trying to bait a shadow counter by instinct cancelling the first hit.

1 Like

You can juggle with these and then recapture with heavy reap:
-LP(walk forward for it to reach)
-MP or MK
-HP or HK
I haven’t found any way to get LK to work, as it’s too low to get heavy reap land its first hit. Another good thing to note is that her spiral arrow (qcf k) is a mid while her shadow bat instant projectile is a low.

You can recover during combos with bite linkers. Light obviously gives the least recovery while heavy gives the most; this allows for the use of enders other than bite.

True, but right now it feels like people are mostly doing their shadow counters in anticipation as opposed to on reaction so stuff like bats ends up working while it probably won’t long term. I did run into a good player that was reacting with shadow counters and what I ended up doing was using light reaping a lot, the second hit comes out faster than the other two reapings so it made him miss his counters. Though again if he just reacted a little faster he probably could have caught them so it’s not a perfect solution either. Being easily shadow countered just ends up being one of her main weaknesses.

Light spiral arrow is normally -9 but if you space it so that only the second hit hits it becomes -7. Not really sure that’s useful since most people will jab or throw punish you 90% of the time anyway but still, maybe someone sees a use for that that I don’t.

Mira 88% counter breaker after a jump HK for 2 bars + instinct:

Very droppable, you must instinct cancel the shadow bats within the first few frames (and you can’t mash, or else you’ll get heavy auto-double), and the delay for canceling it is really odd since you have to wait for the bats to show up. Then you have to do heavy bats as an immediate manual, wait a little bit, then do instinct mist at a very specific time in the combo so that it will cover the space between the bats hitting. If any one of these factors is wrong, the combo won’t work, and there is a completely undroppable 80% 2 meter (without instinct!) combo listed on my guide, so I would probably just stick to that (well, frankly, I would just stick to the 75% meterless version lol).

Cool though!

(Also wanted to add that I made this video by taking parts from other people’s tech, I didn’t do the initial lab work for this video)

4 Likes

Cool and tricky stuff! :thumbsup:

Also, subbed :wink:

Warning, the game says her back+HP is +5 on block, but it’s only +2. Here’s a video of a back HP getting blocked and both characters holding up to jump and you can see only two frames pass by before the blocking character is out of block stun.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2B0A212F5227125F!837&authkey=!AF3FEDfp6cRNidg&ithint=video%2Cmp4

6 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted, but if you’re in the corner, it’s almost always a good idea to use her Wallsplat Ender. Gives her some OK damage, AND you can follow it up with Heavy Embrace to get a good chunk of life back.
Best of both worlds :smiley:

3 Likes

Can someone better explain mist and air dash cross ups

All i can do is dash once

Having hard time mastering cross ups with any videos would help