Mira Tech Thread!

That’s the most damaging combo, but not the best. It’s barely more damage than HP double > HP reap > HP double > LK bite > reap ender, and puts substantially more black health on her.

3 Likes

That is a nice find, for the record doing that variant does 67%, and about the same amount of silver health as an air dash or a mist (which I estimate as doing around 5.55% silver). However, the combo I mentioned only builds approximately 18% silver which is recoverable in one command grab (approx 28% for all versions) so it isn’t too bad if you’re doing okay on silver. You can also end it in a wallsplat and embrace to gain more silver than you spent and still do 61%. Of course, you could do your variation into the same ender and probably do about 55% but gain a substantial portion of silver health back.

Additionally, if you are wanting to spend extra meter to do a bit more damage you can do the light manual variation and then do shadow bats into shadow reaping (it doesn’t do much more but if you were wanting to ensure you got a kill).

I think all of the mentioned variations will have different uses, it is good to see a variety of options in a counter breaker situation and have a character that needs to choose the right combo for the moment.

1 Like

Don’t credit me for the find, that one was infil :stuck_out_tongue:

After playing more online I think that even more than the damage she does to herself, one of mira’s biggest weaknesses is going to be her AA. 2HP has a good hitbox but it’s so low to the ground, it often ends up beat out by or trading with their jump in. MK bite is good, but only if you spot their jump very early. Otherwise it’ll just get counter hit by whatever they jump in with because it doesn’t have full invincibility. Playing vs omen and sadira, it’s hard to keep them from going nuts in the air, and most characters have some button they can press when they jump that makes her life miserable.

1 Like

So I expanded my completely pointless mist blockfinite to use three bars instead of just two:

Throw mist on someone > HP > H Spiral Arrow > Shadow Bats > Light bats > Back HP > H Spiral Arrow > Shadow Bats > Light Bats > Back HP > H Spiral Arrow > Shadow Bats > Light Bats > Back HP > High/Low Reaping > One Chance break > 80 something % damage (The game will say it’s only like 60% but if you look at their health bar they’re only one or two pokes from danger.)

The only slightly useful thing that came from this is knowing that spiral arrow builds really good meter. If I could find a way to throw one more in there it could be a four bar blockfinite.

1 Like

How much bar does the opponent build during that though? Enough to get to a shadow counter by the end from no bar at the start?

Yeah they’ll have a bar of meter half way through it, the only thing keeping you somewhat safe from getting shadow countered is the instinct bat, but odds are it’s just random luck if it does save you.

Here’s some actually useful tech. After any of her command grabs or the command grab ender if you instantly press MP after landing and the opponent quick rises they’ll stand right into the last active frame or two of the MP. This means it’s a meaty that’s safe to DPs so if you’re fighting a DP character that likes to quick rise there you go. Also if they don’t quick rise your MP will whiff but because of how long the knockdown lasts you’ll still have enough time to set something up before they get up.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought heavy linkers light autos, basically the reverse of most characters. Thank you.

Edit: Done some more testing and I find HP auto heavy linker HP auto does the most damage. i’m getting 80% on that and 78% on the other.

88% counter breaker lockout combo with 2 bars of meter.

3 Likes

Basic safe jump for the cast that has slower reversals. Sweep, neutral jump or cross up jump, really low HK, block/confirm/start pressure.

Has anyone else noticed that off a throw, can be forward or backward, you can cancel the bats after the second bat comes out? You can do this into block and IA dash. Pretty sure it’s a bug though

Yeah Keits confirmed it’s a bug. It saddens me because she can do some really awesome stuff off of it.

So i was testing set ups off shadow bats and the game actually will auto block high low. I recorded the dummy doing high the first time and low the second time and i could literally let go of the stick and block it. Good news is shadow bats seems to be perfectly timed so that you’ll always hit a cross up or a high low reaping right as the bats finish hitting so it’ll never be an issue.

1 Like

Are you certain about that? I’ve definitely opened people up going over and doing the low. Though maybe I was just delaying it enough that it stopped auto blocking?

1 Like

pip pip thats a great idea… good find I keep forgetting thats a recapture move after someone randomly jumps against the bats

Thats a lot of life your using up though isn’t it?

It only uses up one reaping amount of life. You could always substitute it with a light one and then get mix ups off shadow bats without using any life at all.

I absolutely agree with this. Against Sadira, I’ve had good mileage out of spamming light bats - it covers an area of the screen that Sadira likes to bully in. You can almost use it with AA timing and she’ll fall on the bats pretty consistently since Mira shuffles backward.

Also, random thought: If your opponent is consistently breaking your heavy Reaping recapture, a viable variant is to juggle Cr.MPxxH.Reaping after the Trephine ender to get them to lock out on your medium. She can actually do this with Cr.HP, Cr.HK as well - but those are both heavies :stuck_out_tongue: May work to throw off their timing though…

Another random thought: a great way to get some silver life back is to throw St.MPxxH.Embrace at them somewhere around mid to max distance of St.MP. Since you’re cancelling it cuts off recovery frames on St.MP, which will get the embrace to come out in 6 or 7 frames, the difference being predicated on them being hit or blocking the St.MP. Totally punishable but often catches people off guard.

Here’s anti-aria tech. Just go straight for medium or heavy reaping linkers after opener. By the time they react to the strength and break they’ve already lost anywhere from 25% to 30% health. And if they don’t break you can end it right away for 40% to 50% damage. It’s kind of silly.

2 Likes