Mira gameplay speculation thread!

I bet she’ll have:
-A command grab to restore health
-Some form to increase the range on her normals
-A move which takes her health to enhance something of hers
-Bats of some kind

I hope she’ll have:
-No additional meters
-Bat projectiles which can alternatively be used as vectors for an extremely fast dash move
-Some kind of rekka or

So far, despite not having a sword, she could still fit some of the ideas I had for a vampire character:

1 Like

I hope Mira will have a blood meter.

I really hope there’s no blood meter. Vampire’s aren’t blood mages.

Depends. For one, WoD vampires would like to strongly agree with you… while still using blood meter to fuel their powers. Except Tremere. Those are full-on blood mages.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, they might exist as blood mages in games, but looking at the various centuries of literature on them, their powers aren’t “cast” with blood as much as they just need blood to survive and also have powers anyway. It’d be like making humans coffee mages or food mages or whatever.

I wouldn’t mind being a Bacon Pizza Mage…

3 Likes

Looking at her and KI characters in general, they are as much a collection of modern pop culture references as homage to what existed before modern days, if not more. On the matter of vampires, their modern image is, perhaps, one of the most different from what we can find in old literature and even early screen versions. Comparing characters of Ann Rice verse, or Underworld, WoD, Night Watch, and even some more glittery ones to, say, classic Dracula goes a long way to highlight that (and let’s ignore original legends from all over the world that were sources of multiple traits attributed to classical media vampires as those were originally attributed to vast variety of different creatures, including what we would classify as malicious spirits these days, for example). Fittingly, Mira’s basic model references mostly modern “gothic fiction” I’d say.

Granted, among those I’ve mentioned only WoD vampires explicitly fuel their powers with blood, but it’s a common theme that they are stronger when fed. Say, in Night Watch they become more capable of absorbing and channelling magical power with every victim, and Twilight (yes, I know a thing or two about that one, bite me… oh wait) even goes as far as to state that young vampires are very strong specifically because they are still filled with mortal blood to the brim (their own), which kinda breaks general conventions of the genre. So… A theme is kinda there.

That said, the point about “coffee mages” is kinda funny because it actually applies to the fiction these days. You can find more than a few characters with extraordinary capabilities who will then be stated to be quite voracious to “compensate for extraordinary exertion” or something. Even in less fantastic settings you can find, say, adrenalin shots used in a similar manner - to explain unrealistically high performance of someone. It seems that modern fiction that work with magic or superpowers tries to suspend disbelief a bit harder by hinting towards preservation of energy, unlike old fiction that was about things happening just because.

Now, extend that to portrayal of vampires, and “casting from blood” seems like a thing you can very much expect from one.

…Hey, don’t look at me funny, having once very passionate WoD LARP enthusiasts among friends does things to people! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I have no bloody idea (oh look, more horrible puns) what to expect from Mira, but I definitely don’t think that having some sort of “blood meter” is the only way to make her. In fact, secondary character-specific resource is already a common thing in KI at this point, and having another such character may not be something devs are interested in as they generally try to pick different working archetypes for this game. What we still don’t have in KI is a puppet character (Zato from GG / Ms.Fortune from SG come to mind, then there’s SG’s Elisa who is one of different flavour, but is also blood-themed), so that’s the possibility. Did someone mention bat pet? So, maybe that.

Combo Trait - Could of Bats

The first auto double after any opener is concealed by a cloud of bats, making it impossible for your opponent to know what strength you are using.

I think this would be a fun combo trait for a few reasons. People online tend to guess break on frame 1 of a combo anyways, so it shouldn’t be too OP. It would however be stronger in high level play where people don’t want to get locked out. It could also play into Mira’s design if she has some bat themes already or if she has naturally strong 1 guess break combos (depends on her move set). Plus I think this combo trait would look so cool visually!

Given how she was introduced (ie grabbing Tusk and taking him up in to the air), I would speculate two things:

A. She has a command grab that does exactly what she did in the trailer: Takes opponent in to the air, bites them, and presumably restores some of her health or meter.

B. She can combo in the air. A stretch, I know. But I’m talking full on opener knocks them up to the air, auto, mid-air linker, auto, ender sends them to the ground type stuff. Perhaps that could be her combo trait?

Just a thought.

Anyways, here are moves I’ll guess / hope she has:

A. Blood bats: She can generate up to four blood bats (one at a time) that’ll fly around her like Sabrewulf’s used to. They stay until she uses them, and she can used up to four of them at a time. One takes off a small amount, but if all four hit, they’re the most powerful projectile in the game.

Shadow blood bats: She summons a swarm of bats that all fly from off screen and splatter on the opponent. Opener, linker, damage ender.

B. Command Grab: Basically what I described above and what most people seem to think she’ll have. Hard knockdown ender.

Shadow version: More or less the same, only she takes a few more chomps. :smiling_imp:

C. Mist Form: Can turn herself in to mist for a few moments. Projectiles and opponent hits pass through her and she can dash through opponents. When used as a linker, she automatically phases through opponent to the other side.

Shadow Mist: Purple version that poisons opponent if she dashes through them and they lose small amounts of shadow meter over the course of five or ten seconds. Poison Ender.

D. Blood scream: She leans forward and screams toward the opponent as blood shoots from her mouth and burns them like acid, essentially freezing them in place momentarily. Opener, linker, wall splat ender.

E. Blood Sword: She can summon a sword made out of blood which gives her longer range on all grounded normal and gives her access to new moves:

E1: Blood Whip Sword: Think Ivy’s whip sword from Soul Calibur. She flings the whip sword out at the opponent and pulls them toward her as she holds out the heel of her boot. The heel goes in to the opponents neck (not that you’d see it from that angle) and she flips them over her shoulder with her foot. Destroys Sword

E2: Spinner Sword: She spins the sword in her hand toward the opponent. Opener, linker. Destroys sword if combo is cashed out.

E3: Spinning Strike: She spins quickly and slices upward. Anti-Air. Destroys sword if it connects.

E4: Sword store. She throws the sword to the ground, where it stays until she decides to pick it up again.

E5: Shield: She turns the sword in to a shield. If the opponent strikes and she blocks with the shield, she strikes the opponent with the shield and stuns them. Parry.

INSTINCT: Blood rage. She moves faster, she can summon four blood bats at once, and her blood sword doesn’t get destroyed. Her command grab also changes:

Blood Nightmare: In instinct, if her command grab connects, she raises the opponent in to the air and everything goes black. You see nothing. Only the sounds of striking, chomping, screaming, and Mira laughing. When the screen lights up again, the opponent is on the ground and she’s on the other side of the screen, wiping her mouth off. The move does four times the normal command grab damage.

So, no ressources but a something special in her life gauge. Carmine’s (UNIEL) style or recovery by drinking blood ? We’ll know that tomorrow (well, in fact, that’s today for me)

Looks like it might be some sort of blood/life transfusion ender, which I called way back…Hope so anyway, would make for interesting gameplay.

I am curious what is coming out of her it looks like chains to me or some Liquid :frowning:

If IG doesn’t let me use a red color for that cool silver goop, I’m going to very disappointed.

apparently … it’s only silver!

All movements have this “blood” in weapon form

I wish it were red, it would make more sense!

That’d be too much red

1 Like

especially on cinders stage