Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Yeah, I come down far more on @BigBadAndy ‘s side of this conversation. Mobbing a developer about all the things you hate about their product and their team is far more deleterious to improving the product than modern fans seem to realize.

SFV got (and frankly, deserved) a lot of criticism, but it also had a lot of players standing up vocally for it in many arenas. Enough players that Capcom saw business value in continuing to invest in and try to improve the overall direction and experience. MvCi had very little of that same backbone of support, despite it being quite a bit better of a game imo.

If a scene is so negative that it only serves to diminish the prospective audience for a title, then it will remove any incentive for a dev to invest any resources in improving the experience. The wall of ■■■■■■■■ about MvCi won’t result in Capcom devoting significant time and resources to overhaul the engine or add in reams of beloved characters or get cracking on a brand new MvC title everyone loves - it will result in the property dying for a few years while Capcom further invests in IP’s that people actually seem to be excited about.

So yeah, congrats at “fixing” Marvel Infinite. Congrats to the people who “fixed” Killer Instinct Season 3 as well. I’m all for constructive criticism and for voting with your wallet, but the people who think ceaseless hate on Twitch chat or Twitter is seriously helping to improve game support and improvement are utterly delusional.

3 Likes

Quoted for clarity.

1 Like

Probably.

You are a smart guy. You are not so obtuse that you don’t see the difference between people pointing out the flaws in a game and asking for improvements and the kind of blind fanboy rage that greeted MvCi.

As far as the value of complaints, look at the post launch support for MvCi compared to MHWorld. Without a season pass, without any monetary incentive Capcom has launched a continues stream of improvement patches and in game events for MH. The community for that game greeted the release with a wave of positivity about the game. No one shows away from pointing out the flaws or asking for improvements to the interface, to online performance and to the matchmaking tools (which didn’t work properly at launch). But as a whole, they did it while acknowledging that the game was amazing and would get better. Probably most importantly, they bought the game and encouraged others to buy it. It’s a lot easier to get management to support investments in patches for a game that sold 7 million copies than to patch a game that sold 700,000 copies.

When you are down to this as your argument it doesn’t say a lot about the strength of your case…

Well, clearly you didn’t watch it. The patch is the removal of their anti-pirating software most likely so they don’t have to pay the subscription renewal. It’s an indicator that the game is a write off - not a suggestion that they are listening to fan complaints.

If someone in the real world says “the reason I hit you is because I love you so much” we throw them in jail. And rightly so. But your argument is that fans of games are expressing their devotion by hating on their games to the point that they kill the franchise and that suggesting otherwise is infringing on their rights and asking them to settle for mediocrity. People have the right to express themselves and their opinions. But they don’t have the right to avoid the obvious consequences of their actions.

Why is it no longer acceptable to let other people enjoy things?

2 Likes

The question is rather, why can’t you enjoy things despite other people who don’t?
How does people not liking something prevent you in liking it?

As for the video Max posted, as he said, it is hopefully a beginning for more support for the game. It shows that Capcom still cares about MvCI after a long time of dead silence. But if it isn’t, I don’t blame them, tbh.

The launched a half-assed game. That’s why people complained. If they hadn’t done so, if they had taken their time to polish the graphics and such, the complaints would’ve been less. But the lack of X-Men characters will ALWAYS be an issue, as they were such a big part of the franchise.

The blame isn’t on the fans or those who complain. They have the right to not support something if they find it lacking, and every right to complain about those lackings.

This is a blind hope against the evidence. The facts are the patch is direct evidence that they are not supporting the game anymore. Any suggestion that it might be a sign of future support is wishful thinking and directly contrary to the facts of the matter. It makes no sense at all. If the patch was to disable the online servers it would show an equal amount of interest from the developer in providing future support.

Because people have campaigned to kill the game and thus ended its support. This is the equivalent of saying “it’s okay for you to Love my ex-girlfriend. Just step out of the way so I can shoot her in the face.”

You know it’s funny, the haters refuse to walk away, insisting that their ever present stream of hate is their right and if you suggest otherwise it’s like “what do you care what I say.” Meanwhile if you say anything positive a bunch of haters jump all over you to tell you you are wrong and make sure no one accidentally listens to you and thinks the game is anything but UTTER TRASH!!! Then nobody buys the game, the developer ends support and you say “we’re just trying to make things better. If you are happy with this garbage game why should you care what we say?”

Anyway I don’t know why I waste my time. If someone said the world was round you would argue with them and probably be offended that they even suggested it.

That’s all Capcom offers, unfortunately.

Not really, because you can play the game all you like even if support ends for it. It just means there won’t be anymore updates, but if you like the game as it is now, that shouldn’t be an issue. No one is going into your house and takes the game away from you.

There might not be a lot of people to play with online, but again, that’s not really people’s fault. Haters or not. You can’t force people to buy and play a game if they are dissatisfied with it. And the things people are dissatisfied with is blamed on Capcom. and for good reason.

I have two bits of precedent which are leading to me expecting an Ultimate Edition.

1. They improved and fixed many people’s complaints for Street Fighter V with the Arcade Edition

2. After a difficult set of circumstances surrounding the last game, they just packed all of the DLC they were developing together into a new game they could sell separately, UMvC3.

I expect a combination of the two, an update improving the graphics and menues that goes out to everyone, and all of the planned DLC released at once in a huge pack. All of this bundled together being the new standard edition of the game you buy in stores. Potentially allowing for increased sales.

1 Like

Good lord, this thread.

4 Likes

Yeah. You’ve got people arguing about the state of the game, and people trying to get people to actually talk about what they want from it.

That’s what happens when the X-Men are omitted from the action

Lol j/k

1 Like

Well, you’re not wrong. That is one of the major complaints.

1 Like

As I’ve said before. I am actually happy the X-Men aren’t here. I honestly think they’ve been over represented in the past titles. I have nothing against the X-Men, but I think other characters to headline their own franchises in Marvel, and other characters villains, should have slots before throwaway characters like spiral Marrow and X-23

1 Like

My main point is that this project seemed somewhat cursed from the beginning so I’m also glad they were omitted,

It’s not really about who may have been chosen of the cp men, I really hope they develop a stand-alone x-men fighting game

Here’s hoping E3 will bring some kind of announcement teaser

1 Like

The X-Men is the part of Marvel I like the most, so I’ll disagree with you there. Besides, they have been a great part of the MvC franchise, and a lot of people play fighting games because of the characters, especially a clash game like this one, so it is completely understandable that MvCI isn’t being successful when omitting a lot of those characters.

1 Like

That would be the dream. :heart:

2 Likes

Can you imagine? There’s so many great characters like the Canadian group/ the new mutants ‘ they have at least 50 great roster choices alone

I refuse to believe NO ONE in Tinseltown has brought this up!

Toes crossed!

1 Like

Playing as Psylocke and Gambit again would be awesome. And it would be cool to see a lot of the new X-Men characters too!

The current copyright hell they are in atm though… I doubt we will see anything X-Men related anytime soon. The Dark Phoenix film might be the last one for years to come.

1 Like

Question; who has mvc2 still on their ps3??? :slight_smile:
I tried to open the mobile version on my iPad but ios11 won’t allow it. I do still have it on my older iPad 4 that won’t update tho

So, I’ve been working on my own new Marvel vs. Capcom 4/5 roster. Wanted to know what you guys think. (Yes, i know it’s big, but i like big rosters)

Marvel

• Iron Man
  • The Hulk
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye
  • Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
  • The Vision
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • Dr. Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man
  • Captain Marvel
  • Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Phoenix
  • Human Torch
  • The Thing
  • Star-Lord
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Loki
  • Red Skull
  • Magneto
  • Juggernaut
  • Deadpool
  • Thanos
  • Ultron
  • Green Goblin
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Venom
  • Dr. Doom
  • Dormammu

Capcom

• Mega Man (Mega Man Classic)
  • Zero (Mega Man Zero)
  • Sigma (Mega Man X)
  • Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
  • Ryu (Street Fighter
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • M. Bison (Street Fighter)
  • Akuma (Street Fighter)
  • Juri Han (Street Fighter)
  • Rashid (Street Fighter)
  • Gill (Street Fighter)
  • Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
  • Sodom (Final Fight)
  • Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  • Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  • Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
  • Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers)
  • Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
  • Strider Hiryu (Strider)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Trish (Devil May Cry)
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  • Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
  • Jill Valentine (Resident Evil/Marvel vs. Capcom 2)
  • Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 5/6)
  • Nemesis T-Type (Resident Evil 3)
  • Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)
  • Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
  • Leo (Red Earth)
  • Tessa (Red Earth)

Marvel DLC

• Sandman
  • Rhino
  • Electro
  • Ghost Rider
  • Namor
  • Psylocke (New)
  • Wonder Man
  • Blackheart
  • Daredevil

Capcom DLC

• Captain Commando
  • Nero (Devil May Cry 5)
  • Amaterasu (Okami)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • Super Ace (1942)
  • Rouge (Power Stone)
  • Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)

Id like to see characters like blade wiccan Jessica jones Medusa Polaris goblyn queen
Matsu’o / shadow king/ Fire Star/ falcon