Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

IT’S FUNNY BECAUSE THE GRAPHICS LOOK LIKE CRAP!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

But no, it’s on consoles and PC.

Wait so this isn’t a continuation from MvC3? That’s what I was told unless this really is a complete reboot.

There’s no real lore in the past MvC games. They are just clash-games without any canon continuity in them. MvCI is the first one to actually have a story in it.

I like to consider Infinite as either a soft reboot or a spin-off. One thing for sure is that this isn’t MvC4 so I can sort of understand a few of the decisions they made.

MvCI will be the grimiest Marvel game ever, I predict. Just because there won’t be true infinite combos doesn’t mean a whole lot. There is already day -10 tech that looks incredibly difficult to deal with, stuff that I predict will still be powerful in 6 months even though more grimy stuff will be found by then.

The fact that you can, for free, turn any blocked super or attack into multiple 5 way mixups and turn any subsequent touch into 50%+ means that no infinites in the game doesn’t really matter. There will be synergies found between 2 characters and a gem that will effectively be as bad as losing the round after getting touched once.

So if you don’t like long combos and grimy offense, I would stay far, far away from this game.

5 Likes

I can see things being really hard to deal with. Does a mix up into super and then switch. Do a bunch of mix-ups. If one hits, combo, build meter, and repeat. If blocked, do a blockstring long enough for he other character to be tag reayd, do super, and then repeat.

It sure seems like that.

Jeddah and Dormammu are probably the strongest team I’ve seen with absolutely grimy setups. There’s still one touch of death stuff, but in “Super hard to block or you get dunked” type of stuff.

I’m not sure if I can get an answer here but how’s the soundtrack?

So it’s more of a spin off?? Wasn’t sure if the MvC stories were canon ir not.

MvCI is the next MvC game. It’s not a spin-off or a reboot or anything like that.

MvC is a clash-game. It has never had a consistent story. It’s always been non-canon.
MvCI just so happens to be the first game WITH a story mode. That doesn’t mean it’s not part of the main series though.

Decent. Pretty much all of the Marvel tracks have been replaced, which sucks (especially because I loved Iron Man’s theme in 3 so much). That’s not to say that they’re bad, but why would you replace such iconic pieces of music with such a huge legacy behind them? The Capcom tracks have these cool remixes of their old themes. I think the standout tracks so far are Chris’ and Chun-Li’s theme, especially Chris’ theme as its a remix of the Mercenaries theme from RE5.

My main problem with the music is that you can barely hear it with the default volume settings. You actually have to turn down everything else, and put the music to max to even hear it a decent level.

The graphics, the UI, the animations…

The animations are much like MvC3 though. Not much of a difference there.

[SCREAMING INTERNALLY]

2 Likes

And more:

I think I’m just gonna go super basic until I have a better understanding of the system.

So Captain America and Ryu might be a team I have.

1 Like

At the moment, my team will be Strider and Spiderman with either the time stone or power stone. Can’t decide if it’s called SpiderHiryu or Striderman

My vote is for Strideparker

Because "pair of slippery motherf××××rs " is already owned by Zero/Gamora

5 Likes

Whether the game has infinites or not is wholly academic and largely immaterial, because the game undoubtedly has TOD’s and nigh-unblockable disgusting reset options. Getting touched in mvci will suck, and not even the meter spend to bring in your second character to try and break will change that fact.

Apparently the harder a combo scales the more meter it gives the guy getting pummeled though, which is a pretty innovative way to try and tamp down on forever-combos with no escape. If nothing else, it means the offense is incentivized to reset you (and give you at least a hope of blocking his disgusting reset mixup) as opposed to just looping you to death.

But for those players who thought mvci would be a more “fair” version of Marvel - you’re going to be disappointed. Infinite is going to every bit as filthy as Marvel has ever been.

1 Like

GhoStRider
Double Cap
Ultrah
Iron Marvel
NemeSpider
Dormammulk
Chris Redtights
Iron Brand

This is fun.

1 Like