Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Some official screenshots:

Something looks a bit better about X here. Not sure what it is. It could be that he has more depth to his shading or something like that.

Jedah looks really ■■■■ cool, though his face lacks some detail, but I don’t know what’s missing. I really like how you can see the blood flowing through his outfit.

Iron Man looks alright, but Tony’s face could use a touch up. Not a lot to complain about here.

Chun-Li is now one of the best looking characters in the game. She went from a 3/10 to a 9/10. Her face is gorgeous.

These corrupted Asgardian warriors look pretty cool. Not much else to say.

Rocket…uuughhh…He is, in my opinion, the 2nd worst looking character in the game, beaten only by Captain America with his bug eyes. Rocket’s hair around his brows and his hands look like…you know.

Nemesis, on the other hand, looks amazing. Ever since he was shown off, I thought he looked great. The wet, exposed wounds and the skin just look gruesome and awesome. Chris also got his face fixed. He looks great, too.

Dormammu, a character I’m super glad to have back in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, looks great. They gave his head a more metallic look, which looks super sick. Firebrand looks alright, too.

This symbiote monster looks pretty gruesome, but not that visually impressive. Spider-Man, Frank West, Haggar, and Chris all fighting in this scene should be interesting.

Man, Ghost Rider got B U F F . His shoulders are pretty big and his skull looks like that of a brute. He looks really good, but I wish the flames came out of his eye sockets like in UMvC3. Spider-Man looks really good, too. I like the traditional costume they went with. His colors look a bit washed out, but his mask more than makes up for it.

E X T R A T H I C C
All jokes aside, seeing Morrigan and Ghost Rider team up is really cool. I didn’t get a good look as Morrigan’s face during the trailer, so I can’t tell if it got improved or not (not that it necessarily needed it that much).

“Help me Zero, you’re my only hope.”
Yeah, Dr. Light. I’m not the Mega Man aficionado, here, but I will say his character model clashes pretty hard with the other characters.

Gamora looks pretty good, too, but something about her feels off. Not too sure what it is.

No need to say anything what hasn’t already been said about Rocket, but this expression is so meme worthy, it needs to be used.

Symbiote Spider-Man

I really like it despite its simplicity. They pulled a Spider-Man 3 on it, which means they just essentially recolored the original costume to create the black suit. Still looks nice, especially the eye pieces.

Overall, my hype levels for this game went up considerably. My hopes for this story mode, too. It looks like it’ll be a lot of fun. Visually, it’s not perfect, but the game still has a month to launch. Here’s hoping it’ll be a blast.

inb4 “Capcom shill”

I’m just a little frustrated that out of all the characters they have in Capcom, and the MASSIVE amounts of superheroes we have for Marvel, there are only 6 new Characters.

Only 6.

Out of 30.

With “more to come as DLC”

-Sigh-

3 Likes

Its the yellow around the eyes for me.

This is part of what I find to be the most damning about the roster. Except for the 6 DLC characters, the Marvel side has 4 new characters out of 15 (Captain Marvel, Ultron, Thanos, and Gamora) and the Capcom side has 2 new characters out of 15 (X and Jedah).

IMO, besides the lack of X-Men, I don’t think the Marvel side of the roster is TOO bad if you include the DLC characters. Max said in a Twitch chat last night that he 100% guarantees X-Men and Doom will return down the line, so that alleviates probably the biggest problem with the Marvel side of the roster.

My other big gripe with the roster is the Capcom side. Why is it so bad? Only 2 new characters at launch and baffling choices for returning MvC3 characters. Arthur and Firebrand? Spencer? Nemesis? I think most people would have preferred seeing a handful of other characters from MvC3 return over them such as: Wesker, Viewtiful Joe, Vergil, Amaterasu, and Phoenix Wright. Also, I think Zero is one too many Mega Man characters, give him a rest, he got his time in the spotlight in MvC3 and TvC. Same for Frank West, he was in UMvC3 and TvC and Dead Rising 4 flopped hard, give him a rest.

I could forgive a lot about the game if the roster was good, but alas, it isn’t.

Most of the old ones are just recycled from UMVC3 as well

I mean I wouldn’t mind if they chose some really good UMVC3 characters like Wesker (not over Nemmy tho…Nemmy is the greatest) Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, The 4 X-men OGs (Sentinel, Strom, Wolverine, Magneto) and Deadpool and Dr doom (but the licencing issues sorta makes things very difficult)

but we get Arthur and Spencer? Really? (sorry to all the Spencer and Arthur fans)

2 Likes

It’s great to see whomever fuckd up the design of chun face went back to the drawing board-

That’s all.

She just needed some make up to cover up those wrinkes around her eyes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Explaning lack of X-Men characters in MvCi:

@14:30

1 Like

You guys are crazy - Spencer is super dope. One of the best characters in MvC3 easy.

2 Likes

MvC3 was full of mistakes

Spencer was not one of them. BIONIC ARM HYPE

2 Likes

Yeah

“X-23 what are you doing here” “Mega Man come back to us” - Jirard “Dragonrider” Khalil a.k.a. The Completionist

Dude. Everytime I’d see Spencer on screen, it was never a dull moment. Granted, I couldn’t play him, but MAN was that Ish HYPE

1 Like
3 Likes

That firebrand voice…

Oh my lord.

It’s pretty awful.

Jedah looks so awesome. Love his win-pose. That maniac cackle! :heart:

I love Jedah’s everything. His design, his VOICE, his animations, his Jojo poses, hyper combos. What a great character to have in this game.

I don’t mind it. He still has some of that “kyek kyek kyek” stuff. He sounds more like Pokémon, though, instead of that mischievous Firebrand we got in Marvel 3.

I didn’t expect anything else from Firebrand. That’s always what he sounded like in my head when I read his lines of dialogue. So kudos to them.

1 Like

Firebrand always sounded like that… wasn’t expecting the Pop’eye laugh tho

Eh, i only ever saw him in UMVC3. And i think he just made noises in that and you had to read his actual dialogue. I could be wrong though.