Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

I feel you. I’m currently focused on Injustice and KI as of right now. Too many fighting games lol

yeah man, and i can barely play this one halfway decent cuz of my workaholic dumbass always being busy lol, i dont need another haha

@FinchoMatic and I played a bit of MvC:I at CEO this past weekend. I think it definitely looks better in person than in any of the videos that I’ve seen - it runs fluidly, and the stage designs are actually pretty cool and vibrant. The characters look ok; I think the biggest issue with them actually is just that they don’t really “pop” from the screen in any kind of meaningful way. Playing the game in person reinforced my initial impression that the game’s visual issues are mainly a function of art direction, as opposed to technical shortcomings (though some of the faces are indeed wonky).

Gameplay wise, the game seems like it will be fun, if not quite my cup of tea. The tag-anywhere mechanic is really cool, and I can definitely see the potential for some really sick combos and setups using it. Aerial movement felt a little sluggish, but that might have just been because I’m by no means a Marvel player, and never learned wavedashing or triangle jumps or any of the other advanced movement inputs in previous titles.

All in all, I think it will be a good game. Its style doesn’t appeal to me and so I still probably won’t be buying it, but it certainly isn’t a failfest like some people seem to be hoping. So long as Capcom doesn’t utterly ■■■■■ the pooch on the easy stuff like they did with SFV (which isn’t a guarantee these days), I’d have no trouble recommending it to someone who was interested.

1 Like

You never will understand so its better to not try.

Why is that? I gave it a shot out of respect to fighting games in general. So why would I NEVER understand? What is it you are wanting to say?

Outside of the fact that the game has its own Cinematic Story Mode, I don’t know.

KI didn’t have something like that in Season 1 or 3, but I didn’t play the demo, I played it at CEO. In my opinion, the game is fun, but I have never played a Marvel game ever in my life so my viewpoint may be skewed. The system looks pretty cool and much to the points of vets and others alike in this community, it has depth and potential. But it has some graphical things that it needs to shape up on. I’m not holding my breath that Capcom will handle this properly though, so I intend to gain my copy on a sale or some sort.

I played X and Strider.

1 Like

Whaaaaa!?

Omg really?

Series doesn’t interest me. Potentially giving it a go this time, but only doing it as mentioned above.

Well, playing the build at CEO, would you see yourself playing it? When I mentioned to you about it at CEO, you seemed kinda interested, but more like not enough to justify a solid purchase.

Marvel games require a particular breed of player to enjoy them. It’s all about holding some super ridiculous dirt and grime, while trying to impose your own dirt on your opponent first. That, and the high level of movement and intensity, isn’t for every type of player. You really have to be prepared to get hit with some more or less impossible to defend stuff to play that game.

1 Like

Hard call. I’m in a weird place in this genre where I want to learn and appreciate other fighters in order to give me what I want.

Enjoyment, creativity, fun.

This and every other game requires me (now) to sit down and break it down system wise so I can fully understand and appreciate it. On the surface, as I mentioned above, it needs more polish and after looking through the internet, it looks as though even Capcom aware of it. But even three months from launch, I highly doubt we’ll see anything significant in that time. It’s going to need more work, but after how SFV is being handled right now, I’m not holding my breath. I haven’t played that game in quite a bit which invokes the sense of it not going well to my standards. But I digress

Game is fun, I can see the depth, but when things are still (and they will be from time to time), not sure if it’s cool enjoying the specticle selective times vs. others.

I’m aware, and I don’t know how apt I am to join in on those ranks in a competitive setting, because there’s such a high ceiling and blocking is most definitely needed which I’m open to getting better at, but I don’t know if this is the game for me.

1 Like

I’m still gonna get MvCI but I’m officially calling it " marvel vs DLC".

Unless you just play them casually, then you just enjoy all the flashy stuff. :grin:

Just like every fighter now.

1 Like

Gamora and Jedah gameplay

1 Like

Jedah. :heart:

Edit:

1 Like

Jedah looks amazing better than i could hope for. i just wish his blood attacks were red so that its clear when he uses it.

PG13. Can’t have the little kids exposed to something like blood and self-mutilation now… that’s just obscene! Someone please think of the children!!! Or rather, the stuck-up overprotective parents.

There are so many things wrong with that line of thinking I don’t even know where to begin.

1 Like

Hey, I grew up fine playing these games. The only thing it did to me is making me jaded to it, so horror movies and games full of gore and such don’t really affect me all that much.

Thing is… my parents taught me that the games and movies… they are fiction. Not real life. They taught me to distinguish between the two.

Anyways, that’s a topic for a whole other time. Thing is, it’s sad that the devs do not fully realize a character, just because they are afraid to offend some parents.

1 Like