Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Max was saying the version he played at E3 looked better than the released demo. The demo is an old version.

The colours seem very muted but I’m guessing that’s what they’re going for.

Again I’m not overly happy with the roster. I hope they add more Diversity. Where’s widow, Loki and daredevil. Tho I do like the looks of thanos and ultron

1 Like

The E3 Build was way better. The game is VERY fun. I’m sure most of you will like it.

This seams like it is probably wishful thinking, but I hope that this game, either pre or post dlc, matches or tops Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in it’s roster size. That game had 56 characters. If the launch game has 50 (same as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), and then we get the 6 DLC characters. Oh man. That would be sick! It probably won’t. But hey, the sky’s the limit of my hopes and dreams. I just can’t actually expect it to happen.

I haven’t tried it on Xbox yet, but the literally nauesating amount of chromatic aberration they slapped all over the game makes it look even blurrier, out of focus/double image, and low-res than whatever resolution at which it is running. That’s because that’s just what the effect does. Why developers destroy the image with the awful effect in a futile attempt to make it look “cinematic” boggles my mind. Tekken 7 did this, and now they’re doing it too.

thank god that you can deactivate it on PC. this “chromatic abomniation” drives me nuts too.

There is a difference between art direction and something which is CLEARLY lack luster or half-assed in video-games (especially from a dev like Capcom this shouldn’t be the case)

Ok so Im playing the Story mode demo right now and I have to say its horrible. I dont see the hype. I dont see why anyone would pick this over Killer Instinct. Now I can see a young child liking this because you can just hit X all day and combo and win. But as far as technicality and playing competitively I dont see where its better than KI. IM sure there are some really hard combos and tech for this game, but I personally do not like it.
I gave it a chance and now Im done. I dont need anyone to explain why ppl like it…just saying what I think about it.
I understand some pll like different things… I prefer KI, MK and Injustice 2. ( And sometimes SFV)

You say that like there’s some huge wave of hype and that the entire fgc hasnt been hating on it for the last week.

1 Like

I don’t know why the auto combo option is on by default in the demo. It’s stupid.

I just mean over all, the franchise. A ton of ppl love this game, and have been waiting on Infinite and were so hyped when it was announced. Im sure its cool if you truly get into it and break it down…but over all , IMO its not ont eh same level of quality as MK, IJ and KI.

Im not concerned with what everyone else is saying about it the last 2 weeks and iM not trying to find an argument either.

I dont see the hype…I and in ME

It’s really good.

The controls are similar to Marvel 2. Wait until September and make your decisions then, IMO.

1 Like

So I finally tried the demo and inmediately loved the menu music (wonderful,it felt epic). I thought I was going to reject the game the moment I played it but I was wrong. I actually enjoyed despite not knowing much what I was doing. I did special moves and tried all the buttons . It’s been a long time since I played MvsC 2, never got into the third version. The graphics on this game compared to SFV aren’t great. But overall I enjoyed the beta. Maybe my blood still feels that passionate spark about fighting games sometimes. However KI was the only fighter that got me back (okok, I did played MK X too a bit ,heh).

1 Like

I’ve actually been sort of defending the game from some of the more recent criticisms, but playing the story mode demo has reduced my interest in the game. It’s just a terrible demo, and the graphics actually look worse in game than looking at YouTube video or Twitch. Has anyone sorted the resolution in Xbox One? It looks to be running at 720p (or 480) with jaggy edges and a lot of weird filtering. The only thing I saw that was visually impressive was Caltain Marvel’s beam attack. And the demo itself is clunky and boring. Not a great demo.

Hopefully, a bad demo for a really good game.

I will always be a beacon of posativity and hope in the sea of anti-hype.

1 Like

I too noticed some portions were blurry… I was like WTH just happened? Is it my TV? I been messing with my picture setting all weekend and this was during that time. But I guess its the game.

@FallofSeraphs76 @BigBadAndy you guys were playin a demo that wasnt the same as the e3 2017 build people were trying out. to be fair, its a horrible way to showcase the game to those who couldnt make it to that event and did more harm than good

At the E3 demo were there obvious scaling and antialiasing artifacts? I can see a white square pixel in Captain Marvel’s hair for example that just doesn’t belong there.

I’m sure the gameplay itself is way more fun playing competitively because that’s always true.

im not sure what the differences there were since i havent tried either of them. but what i can say is the e3 build was further along for sure than the demo currently available

It was. That’s actually an old build. The E3 was farther along. Plus, it’s much more fun and hype to play another person than just random AI.

Here’s some combos by desk that are similar to what I saw at CEO. It’s still Marvel for sure!

yeah looks like MVC 3 got patched lol, after SF5’s BS and how they handled it, i wont be giving capcom any money. maybe if MVC:I goes on steam sale for 5 bucks lol