Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Yeah, but when something looks THIS BAD, we can’t help ourselves. The burger may taste good, but if it looks like total dogsh*t, it kinda ruins the taste. We have eyes you know.

1 Like

Well, playing the demo, Suffering through load times and such:

I really like Captain Marvel :smiley:

Looks like Team Cap might officially be a thing. @oTigerSpirit

I like the combat! I just need to sit down with it for a while and figure it out. I can see how fun it is with a bit of polish and such.

The Infinity Stone of Time is probably one of my favorites.

THE MIXUPS :persevere:

Excited to play the 1v1 Build at CEO.

1 Like

I’m not sure where all the graphics hate is coming from. I think it looks better than UMvC3 by a lot. It’s just a different style. And yes, some of the characters are ugly. But oh well.

It’s a really curious thing. None of the VS games have ever sold very well and now the hardcore fan base - after begging for another Marvel game, are complaining because too many characters are returning to the game, except the ones not returning we want, and the new characters are no good since we want different new characters. I don’t know. If people aren’t going to support games then they aren’t going to keep making them.

2 Likes

I feel like that’s been the case with a lot of established returning games in this Generation. MKX, SFV to name a few.

I think MvC3 is a prettier game, and I generally dislike the washed out look that MvC:I has, but no, I don’t think the game looks like dogshit either. And I think the 2v2 “tag anywhere” mechanic is actually super interesting, and I can see that it has a lot of potential for dirt and hype. Ditto the infinity stones - so long as they don’t get too degenerate in their optimization (say, just mash fierce for the entirety of the time gem or something), I think there’s a lot of potential in the system.

Again - I’m actually not super interested in playing Marvel. But at the same time, it isn’t obvious to me at all that the game is just going to be balls. This strikes me as a gross overreaction.

IMO MvC3 is prettier by a country mile, and it’s not close. They’re doing a similar thing that KI S3 did where they want to blend the characters into the background because it looks more cinematic, and I think it’s a pretty big mistake (just like I think KI S3 looks worse than S2). And there’s no bad looking characters in MvC3, they all look and sound super fantastic. There’s a lot to be wary about with Infinite, including a mobile-looking UI that is really underwhelming.

A friend of mine said “this game doesn’t look like an arcade game”, and I think that’s a pretty apt statement (and pretty damning for a fighting game). It’s not the type of game you would see in arcades and be excited to play. It doesn’t draw your eye. Marvel 3 and DBZ and KI all have tons of energy screaming out of the screen, but SFV and MvCI don’t at all.

I’m sad because I also agree that the v-skill stones + the tag anywhere mechanic actually sounds like there’s a ton of creativity there. I’m just super bummed Capcom is dropping the ball on so much else.

4 Likes

The game just needs to be delayed and worked on until early next year maybe even spring. I don’t understand the need for some devs to push a game out when it’s way!!! To early. Idk why? To compete with tekken and injustice?? Because it fails to do so. Horribly. It feels like they are sending the game out to die. And when it does they will blame the mvc brand for not being profitable and kill it. Sigh

This game was supposed to be the game to prove they learned from the failures of sfV yet the story mode really doesn’t look good at all, the roster needs to double in size in order to have the characters people want in addition to new and original ideas just like sfV needed at launch. They got sooo much flak for the banana Ken model and then they saw fit to release the Dante model?? 3months to launch.

Hell they should have learned from SFxT and not put dlc charecters on disc. Panther is in the story mode trailer and the story mode. So is Sigma likely as well. Why are they day one dlc put into a delux edition?

2 Likes

I’m disappointed but I don’t actually hate what I see. It needs work. I am willing to deal with the negatives if they add some positives to cancel it out. Graphics and the roster so far is pretty disappointing for me. However, if they add pair play where you can play with a partner, it eill be an insta buy.

rip mvc forever

Don’t worry, a great fighting game is almost nothing to Capcom at this point as long as they get them sick view counts on streams. I mean, look at SFV. Trash game based on majority opinion and yet it’s paraded everywhere in tournies like it’s something to be proud of.

9 Likes

[quote=“BigBadAndy, post:485, topic:16559, full:true”]
I’m not sure where all the graphics hate is coming from. I think it looks better than UMvC3 by a lot. It’s just a different style. And yes, some of the characters are ugly. But oh well.

It’s a really curious thing. None of the VS games have ever sold very well and now the hardcore fan base - after begging for another Marvel game, are complaining because too many characters are returning to the game, except the ones not returning we want, and the new characters are no good since we want different new characters. I don’t know. If people aren’t going to support games then they aren’t going to keep making them.
[/quote]I mean, MvC3 had a weird cell shading thing that kind of excused some of the wonkyness if you ask me, it looked good because it had a comic book feel to it. This feels like a dumbed down version of better looking games, I dunno that’s just how I feel. I mean it looks good for what it is but I guess its just not impressive? MK has a visual style that makes it stand out, KI does too, Guilty Gear, Tekken, they all kinda look unique. MvCI is just kind of meh. That aside, graphics aren’t everything and most of my gripes aren’t even with the visuals aside from the train-wreck that is Chun-li’s face.

Honestly though I still play MvC2 and the old X-MEN games regularly,

Those aren’t Asian features. Dante looks like a “NPC from Silent Hill 2” as well.

Quoted Aris.

Apparently someone found more characters through datamining

https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/874794603492372480

2 Likes

She has the most distinctively un-Asian face ever. I’m sorry.

She doesn’t look particularly hideous too me, IMO she isn’t the “creature of the black lagoon” y’all making her out to be.

Yes and judging from those comments certain defenders on this thread lose the battle.

Only a miracle can help this games release.

Where is Namco & SC6 when ya need it

I love how people are assuming all kinds of things about the game based on unconfirmed and easy-to-fake leaks.

Also, I don’t mind the lack of x-men. I think that property has bean a crunch for this series for too long. This game has had random obscure x-men characters like Marrow and Spiral before characters like Thor and Ultron. Characters who are much more integral to marvel as a whole. It’s the same thing with to many Batman characters in Injustice. At the same time though, 2 had 56 characters and 3 had 50 total. I don’t think this is anywhere near the final roster, and I don’t mind paying a little bit extra for it. As long as the game is fun.

Finally found time to play the demo. Strange way to show off the game. Not very coherent and no info on how to play other than mash jab for auto combos. Also, am I the only one who thinks the demo is runninat about 720p?

yeah, the demo is the first game i’ve ever played where i’ve noticed frame drops. I kinda hope that this is not how that part of the story happens in the actual game. I hope they just chopped up a really long cutscene and inter-spliced it with some fights to give us some gameplay, without revealing to much of the plot. Also, if the load times are that long and the fights come that often in the full game, i’m going to murder another sheep (see my previous post activity from around Kilgore’s release date for context)