Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

We do this with everything. It’s impossible to make a fighting game roster that actually makes anyone happy.

Since the roster is looking pretty disappointing, let’s disappoint ourselves even further. What would your feasible roster look like? By feasible, I mean characters you think could show up in the game. Rule of thumb: 36 characters (number of characters vanilla MvC3 had at launch) + 6 DLC characters. That’s 21 Marvel and 21 Capcom characters.

Marvel:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Loki
Nova
Rocket
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Wolverine

Capcom:
Amaterasu
Asura
Captain Commando
Chun-Li
Dante
Frank West
Jack Baker
Jedah
Leon S. Kennedy
Mega Man X
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Necalli
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Samanosuke Akechi
Sigma
Strider Hiryu
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker

While I am intrigued by the inclusion of black panther this crap show is clearly cursed…

Dante & chin li look their worst, Chris has glacius blockhead syndrome

The story seems so forced, the inclusion of forest animals and little person joust players I just can’t.

It’s a miss from chin Li’s awful default outfit and impossible rhino legs from the start.

Max only seems overjoyed that mega man x is even in it and all is forgiven in the godforsaken murder of what could’ve been

The story unravels

No Wright/Joe/Ammy/Frank/Deadpool literally ruins this game for me. They want it to be all serious and moody when I remember the MvC series for being cheesy fun. And now they take all the fun characters out and may or may not sell them back to us. Yay.

DBZ fighters = MVC D.O.A?

So I tried the Story Demo.

The controls…

I think they are ok, but It took me a while to get used to them. I can’t do anything but a basic combo/launcher/combo as of right now. It feels a bit janky to me, but I’ll play more of it at CEO and see how it is.

I want to try Thanos. Looks cool.

More like GGXrd MVC DOA.

6 planned DLC characters and 2 of them are already in the game at the start. That is horsesh*t. Sigma is one of the main bad guys that fuses to create Scrub Destroyer God Ultron Sigma. Ultron is playable in the game by himself, yet, Sigma isn’t? And Black Panther is IN THE TRAILER. He’s already in the game! WHY IS HE DAY ONE DLC?

You know what Capcom should’ve done? Just delayed the game at least 6-8 months. Take time to polish the visuals and listen to the criticism of the fans, properly integrate Sigma, Black Panther, and Venom into the main game, spend more time on the voice acting (because some of it has some really odd delivery), and just focus on trying to make a polished product for both casuals and veterans alike. Capcom is trying its absolute hardest to displease all of its followers. The rest of Season 2 of SFV is nothing but brand new characters no one cares about, it refuses to fix SFV’s core problems, they’re trying to put as little effort as possible in MvC:I’s roster, as it is around 80% returning cast members from UMvC3, they keep showing off story mode for its trailers which is exactly what everyone dislikes about the game right now, and a ton of other stuff.

1 Like

“Dead on Arrival” = DOA

Oh, thought he meant the game was a mix of those games. XD

1 Like

You like loading screens? Than hot ■■■■, this game is for you.

I may well pay the $500 for an Xbox X just for reduced load times…

if i was to get this game, it’d be PC version

So far, i’m not entirely disjointed with the roster. I hope we get more characters than the leak says we will, but out of what’s officially confirmed, the only one i don’t like is Gamora.

Chun-li looks awful.

Also the story reads like some really bad fan fiction. A goofy crossover that mixes up thirty different universes doesn’t need a story mode. Yeesh, I’m just glad DBZ was revealed because my hype for Marvel is all but dissolved at this point.

2 Likes

I find some characters fun from the demo like Megaman X, Dante and Chun-(ug)li…the rest i had less fun with to be honest

The stones are fun i will admit

Load times are…well…

I do hope more characters are fun to play namely Ultron, Thanos, Black panther, Nemesis and Spidey

Lol. You guys really need to lighten up. Ugly art direction notwithstanding, by all accounts the game plays well. If you’ve liked previous Vs. games, you’ll probably like this one.

1 Like

Dunno about that. I put hands on the demo and I think it feels pretty assy. Movement feels pretty sluggish, and there’s one really noticeable design failure I immediately felt–if you jump out of crouching, you get a superjump. Hopefully that’ll be fixed before launch, but I’m not going to get my hopes up. Guess I’ll keep my eye on dragon ball fighterz instead.

3 Likes

If Arc pulls this off, DBZ will finally be a respectable fighter.

Shame for MvCI though… it just doesn’t feel ‘right’. If that makes sense. Nothing looked ‘right’.
I’m sure it’ll sell a decent amount of copies. I just hope it’s not a SFV failure but seeing all that locked DLC just makes me think it’s gonna bomb but still have decent view numbers at tourneys.

Well hardly any of the characters I enjoyed since the start of the “VS” series (X-MEN mostly) are in the game, taking a step backwards to 2v2, removing assists, some of the characters look like a hot steaming mess… Overall it looks pretty garbage.

Sure it’ll probably be a decent game but honestly I don’t see anything significant to be excited about. Most of my friends that have been playing VS since the X-MEN vs Street Fighter days and love the series think it looks like a disappointment.