Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Dat corn :ok_hand:

Geez, that trailer was pretty bad. And people say KI lacks visual polish.

1 Like

Need a fat roster to ignore that aesthetic.

What the hell is that leaked roster

Thereā€™s no Leon or Demtiri orā€¦

^ Actual 2 real leaks. Everything corresponds with the DLC and trailers. Ryce is the guy who leaked MvCI a week early without anyone even thinking itā€™d exist.

One thing that kinda irks me about MvCI: why did they decide it needs an elaborate story to it? MvC games never have before, just "hereā€™s about 30+ fighters from franchises you already know and a couple you might not, now go have them beat the crap out of each other."
Other FGs with a specific world theyā€™re trying to build, a story makes sense. You want to see what happens before and after the fightersā€™ struggles to give their actions some weight. But MvC? Itā€™s just some cool smashinā€™ and bashinā€™ā€¦no story needed, because in the end, itā€™ll all be non-cannon BS anyway.

Zero is back. My life is complete.

One thing that bothers me about the game is that you can really tell how little time they had at making the game. The quality and face animations are all kinda low quality. Oh well Iā€™m still hyped

1 Like

I predict ā€œflavor of the monthā€ dlc dumps ad nauseam. IE: Infiniteā€¦ Contest of Champions with proper fighting game mechanics.

No Phoenix Wright? No Buy.

DBZ Fightersā€¦You wonā€™t fail meā€¦ :sob:

#Kill it with fyre!!!

4 Likes

Iā€™m extremelly dissapointed.

Most of the cast is returning characters, most of them with the same gameplay and some tweaks, like Rocket having Groot as ā€œassistā€.

Only 3 ā€œnewā€ characters in terms of gameplay so far, Ultron, Thanos and X. Gamora remains to be seen.

I donā€™t know if you played the story demo(btw, there is a demo avaible for XBOX and PS4), but the cinematics are really really bad. Itā€™s just a festival of ā€œHelp me Insert name hereā€. If the full story gets this direction, itā€™s going to be very bad

The visualsā€¦ I mean, have you seen Chun Li? Put an end to her suffering already

DBZ wins in pretty much everything against Marvel. Better visuals, assists, 3vs3ā€¦

5 Likes

Pretty much how I feel about the game as well.

Between the roster and the visuals, this game is looking like a huge letdown.

1 Like

Iā€™m clinging to hope with the fact that the leak said nothing about Zero. In truth though, I think there is a threshold of believability with any leak. Like, with Injustice 2, that leak was 100% correct, but I personally didnā€™t believe it until we first saw scarecrow. To me, most of the other picks were obvious choices that anyone would pick for that kind of game, but once you got to Scarecrow, that was a character that was not as obvious of a choice. For this game, I think most of what weā€™ve seen (with the possible exception of Gamora) have bean obvious picks for this game. I will call this leak confirmed when we either see everything on if confirmed, or we see Jedah. That is the one character here who doesnā€™t seam like an obvious pick.

Like, when I made my own prediction for this roster, I went through the same decisions that would be made by a leaker. And I have a bunch of really obvious characters on their, but I also have some non-obvious choices based on personal preference, characters like Vile, Poison, and Super Ace. SO either the leaker has good intuition and rally likes Jedah, or we have a confirmation.

^^^^^

This is a good bet. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a bad thing but it has to be done well. Unfortunately the signs arenā€™t great so far.

As far as the story mode, they are feeling the sting from SFV and trying to apply that lesson to MvC. Iā€™m not sure if it works but, to be honest, MvC has ever only been a big deal in the FGC. Commercially, every iteration has been at best borderline. Thatā€™s why the Dreamcast version was so hard to find - no one bought it.

1 Like

WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU CHUN-LI!?!?!?!?!

(First Ken now this!?!)

2 Likes

She just look like they tried to give her Asian features.

lololol the downgrade is real. i hope capcom at least releases a complete gameā€¦wishful thinking i know

Completeā€¦

When most of the cast is returning characters with reused assets

When 2 major characters for the story are DLCs

When we know more about the DLC than the final roster

This stinksā€¦ a lotā€¦

thats what happens when they get fighting game of the year. the message they got was ā€œkeep fuckking gamers in the asss with no lubeā€¦they love itā€

Ehā€¦dunno about that one. She doesnā€™t look particularly Asian, justā€¦unattractive. :disappointed_relieved:

I avoid leaks of all kinds (even within this thread), so all I know of the cast is what Iā€™ve seen in official materials. That said, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if there werenā€™t any X-Men characters in the game at all, and I honestly wouldnā€™t fault Marvel for doing that. The X-Men/Fox licensing thing is a cluster, and I wouldnā€™t begrudge Marvel at all for doing whatever they feel they need to starve the property in other mediums to try and get the rights to it back. I also donā€™t blame them for prioritizing the MCU characters - the comics industry just isnā€™t super viable these days (though Marvel certainly has themselves to blame at least partially for that fact), so why not focus on trying to use the uber-success of the MCU to help promote their forays elsewhere? Iā€™m a bonafide Marvel comics guy, but their focus makes complete sense to me. I also think itā€™s weird that people complain about ā€œno new/desired charactersā€, and then in the same breath cry bloody murder that Magneto doesnā€™t show up for the nth Vs. game. :confused:

All that said, Iā€™m not really interested in this game. Itā€™s just not visually appealing at all, and while I watched it avidly for a long time, I was never super into actually playing MvC3. I respect Capcom for trying to keep pace with NRSā€™ best-in-class performance with Story mode (and genuinely hope it helps them move units!), but they just really arenā€™t at that level yet from what Iā€™ve seen. I donā€™t know that I care to watch muddy color palettes of ugly characters for two hours :sweat_smile:

On the plus side though, the new DBZ fighter looks dope :smile:

1 Like

I dont see the hype in MVC. I bought the new version of the most recent gameā€¦and it was fun for about 15 mins. UI to convoluted, too much going on in the fight. Ill stick with my KI and MK games.

Max and friends didnt seem to hyped about it last nightā€¦ "It looks JANKY as F!"
lol