Mandrill's Art book! (Updated with the roster)

First off.

That’s a great piece. I enjoyed reading it :slight_smile:

Y’know thats the thing isn’t it?

My friend told me that if you have this all power full deity as a main character, it won’t be enjoyable to the reader.

So well, I tried to toned him down a little bit by putting restraints on him. Fortunately:

he can release his restraints at will, but however but this can lead to destruction of those around him. I foreshadowed this in the next chapter

Ok that makes sense. Even the biblical telling of Jesus described him as meek (literally meaning strength with held) (not to be confused with “weak” which people often do). I think the next thing to establish is the criteria in which Xander chooses to unleash his wrath. It’s something you see and read often… Some unleash their power when enraged (Hulk), some have to have a personal revelation to use or regain his powers (Thor), other act out of defense (The Iron Giant), and others act in defense of others (Hotel Transylvania 2). These are just the common architypes. But once again this is the liberating thing of being an author, you are the one with the pen, the story will be as you say. With that said, the story must still have a logical progression, your audience will be able to pick up on tensions built up between characters, motivations both known and secret, romantic attractions, etc… But you as the author need to fully explain the rules and logics that make up the world you have brought to us. We can’t be presented with conflict A and go straight to resolution Z with no explanation of how we got there, why it happened, and what came up along the way. That’s the hard part of being an author and why the inception of the story can take such a long time.

On another note. I’m glad you liked my exerpt @MandrillManiac Would you be interested in reading the rest of the story?

1 Like

I already have this set don’t worry.

I would. You can Pm me if you want later.

1 Like

OK.

I was always afraid to post my OWN art here and not just my dads interpretation.

But y’know what?

F*** it. If you guy’s like it I’ll post it :slight_smile:

If you guys don’t like it… let me know and I’ll will stop.

@lewisthewizard @GeneralScrebor @AquariusDragon0 @Dayv0 @KevBones10 @TheNinjaOstrich @NitricZenith

6 Likes

1 Like

Anyway this is Aria.

…No not the AI from Ki lol

This Is a Berserker Guardian who is responsible for raising Clay, the Hero of Nothingness.

My Concept.

@lewisthewizard @GeneralScrebor @AquariusDragon0 @Dayv0 @KevBones10 @TheNinjaOstrich @NitricZenith @BblackorchidD @Somea2V

5 Likes

It’s not bad. Better then anything I can produce. I can’t draw for crap. I know my story is in sore need of an artist. I have a crap ton of cilpart, Photobucket, and screen shots to make up the art work. But that means I don’t own any of that art work.
Once again. Your the author, your the artist. The public will receive whatever you pen. That’s the freedom that comes with being an author, but there’s also the inherant risk that your public doesn’t like the product.

But there’s an old addage.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

1 Like

Word.

It’s like this twitter post that said:

And I will.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? You’re always great at posting your art and more. Don’t ever stop

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words…

3 Likes

That one is freaking awesome. Good attention to detail and symmetry

1 Like

I’M IN TEARS…

I finally mustered the courage…

I posted the new roster of the new book on youtube.

Have a look peeps…

@Dayv0 @Somea2V @TheNinjaOstrich @Fwufikins @KevBones10 @AquariusDragon0 @GeneralScrebor @KIGod420 @lewisthewizard @NitricZenith

9 Likes

You need this.

2 Likes

Already on it.

1 Like

That was some good stuff bro.

1 Like

Ooh, cool beans, shaping up nicely! Voice actors huh?

1 Like

I’m looking for them. Only a few lines I need here there for the time being.

Although I think Zaru would sound like leatherhead… but more monkeyish.

1 Like

Great job.Coming along nicely!

1 Like

This one looks like one of mine. I called him Grattor, a resident of Aqualla and under General Brelagua’s control. They are mindless eating machines​ who have no qualms crashing through walls for a mouthful of meat either kicking out dead. You’ll meet them later.

1 Like

A simple sprite (gonna remake it later) of Clay.

Made it for fun.

3 Likes