#MakeKanRaGreatAgain

Eh, I’m not taking any credit away from Sleep. If he could’ve lost in a situation where it was obvious that he was in a clear disadvantage than I will call it a comeback. MyGod had every reason to end the match and could’ve sure, but he didn’t and got beat while his opponent was on a pixel of life.

4 Likes

Setup characters should build terrible meter though. Meter is for the potential best case scenario setup, that leads to the most damage. How would that make sense? There is a reason Glacius battery ender gives a low amount in comparison to TJ or Thunder. They can’t just shadow you from anywhere. Any character that can theoretically combo from anywhere on the screen should have crap meter gen and fortunately, they all do. So I don’t see any issue here.

Till this day i can’t believe it myself… i guess i had him shook. We did play the night b4 i beat him 20-5 in the hotal room.

1 Like

Well he hung himself. Oh well…

1 Like

I was just quoting this I didn’t say it.

Thought I quoted the original my bad.

Is cool. I actually agree with your stance though.

1 Like

Didn’t really put much thought into this as far as if it would make Kan too OP or not: What if his jumping HK worked as an OTG? Could recapture from it into whirl or could crouch lp or maybe clutch for the flip out set up.

Obv the OTG would be super easy to break.

Kan-Ra needs a hard knockdown to do an OTG. The only ones he has are after raw clutch or shadow clutch. Both of them put your opponent pretty far away from you. You don’t have the time to get in there and do a j.HK. So even if he got an OTG, there is no way to use it.
Maybe it works when your opponent doesn’t like to quick rise…
j.HK is a very good move nevertheless.

Or perhaps when he is in instinct? Immediately after clutch he can dash jump then HK into OTG?

1 Like

I would rather see his s.HK (where he kicks the sand) be an OTG flip out…

2 Likes

HOLD UP @F3Sleep did you say you were training selective ppl in Killer Instinct? Man I would sacrifice a few people to a certain Shadow Lord for the chance to train with your Gargos/Kan-ra. I’ve been a fan for a long time now, I am gonna be at World Cup, far as I am concerned you are taking that title, either you or Rico, I will accept no others. :slight_smile:

-@franciscapra aka SE1Z3

1 Like

I’ll check you out

I would like to see that, too, but I’d fear of the potential damage nerf that could happen… They would have to change the number of times st.HK hits for the OTG ability to work in Kan’s favor.

st.HK is a great move imo, there should be no real reason to change it just to have an OTG. Kan has many other inputs that aren’t even being used. Would you guys rather see a new move that gives him the hard KD into OTG?

1 Like

I think the scorpion sting can be an interesting OTG

I found that after Ra got nerfed, i havent been able to find a character thats fun to play at high level. And when i do they get nerfed to ■■■■ and harder to learn to play. I dont have time to sit around all day every day and play KI, so its hard to constantly adapt to character nerfs and buffs.

The hardest part of nerfs IMO is why the ■■■■ they would nerf or buff certain things.

Like. I’m actually dumbfounded that Irongalaxy Nerfed a Character this hard. He’s virtually unplayable. How do people not see this? Like wtf.

(Btw i have played every other character in the game at high level. I can easily compete in Killer Rank with any character i desire, all of them can push buttons, fuck you can slap your balls all over your controller and still win matches. But you have to be perfect with Ra?[Lmao I just got really salty])

Who balanced this ■■■■■■■ game?
That being said i still respect, though very little, IronGalaxy’s changes to the game. They did a phenomenal job with designing levels, character etc.

Praise Keits.

Kan-Ra’s play style is very unique to fighters. You can’t equate him to a single character. He ends up being the equivalent of a cross between Dhalsim, Arakune, Byakuya(UNIEL), and any command grab character.

The problem with being a trap/grappler is that both aspects have to be utilized equally, so not one side is over powered or heavily relied upon. We’ve experienced both side of that coin where grabs were strong then weak. The same could be said about the trapping aspect (swarms, sand trap, etc). I personally think he’s in a good spot right now. He’s not the best, but he’s certainly not the worst, or where he was at in the beginning of S3.

1 Like

Kan Ra is definitely viable and can counter some characters hard. He has losing matchups for sure due to his archetype(s) but he definitely isn’t the worst character, not by a long stretch.

The main problem i see from kan ra players is lack of mobility and aggresive offense. Kan ras should be all over the place on some matchups with super jumps, tornadoe assists and forming a scarab minefield.

A hypermobile kan ra is a nightmare, especially with instinct. Kan ra doesnt need to play footsies or be the next dhalsim, thats what you have super jumps, scarabs and traps for, to compliment your crusty limbs. you have poor frames because you have 24/7 free access to curses.

Also, his instinct in my opinion is one of the better ones in the game. Its like xfactor

The only downside i see to kan ra is that he requires super solid play with minimal or no mistakes, and its hard to do damage so you kinda drag the match a little longer. But this is for a reason, he has scary powerful tools.

Another issue I personally have with him is momentum. I find his comeback factor without instinct abysmal.

He probably could be buffed a bit and not break high level play if done right, but he’s tricky and has the potential to be broken cheese if one slight thing is over done in my opinion. All I would personally change if I had a choice would be upping his damage ender a miniscule amount, and reworking his command crouching medium normal.

Either have it cause a flipout (more mixup for flipouts, break light or medium?) Or rework it as a way better back off poke. As of now I’ve not found use for that command normal outside manuals in combos.

1 Like

Balancing a game around how hard characters are to play is rarely a good idea.

6 Likes

Quite the sound statement. I agree completely, we must look at a character and their tool set, not how difficult said character is to use at higher levels of play. Kan Ra is a character that requires alot of knowledge about the game, and extensive lab work and matchup experience, doesn’t change the fact that he can compete and has tools to work through most of his matchups. For his bad matchups, I think a pocket character would be ideal as opposed to breaking the heck out of the character over a losing matchup or two or difficulty of use. Thats the name of the game, some characters will always remain obscure due to their technical/untraditional nature.