Looking to the Future: Possible Characters for Season 4

I’m not too sure how this topic derailed into this, but I digress. If IG were to have made a Lovecraftian character, what kind of acitype would you guys imagine it having? I can imagine it being some kind of zoner, but I feel that IG could make it into something far more unique.

I think a character with a pet helper/assist would be a wonderful addition to KI. Not robot drones, not demon minions, but an animal sidekick that is responsible for a large portion of the total inflicted damage.

1 Like

Interesting idea, but far too similar to the very examples you already gave IMO.

I guess that’s why I mentioned they would be responsible for most of the damage, unlike the examples currently in game. Also, those aren’t animals. Think Nakoruru or Galford from Samurai Shodown, but with the focus being on the pet, rather than them simply being a helper.

I’ve always loved that Mollusca design, it screams classic KI to me.

1 Like

I can’t think of anything “mad scientist” for KI!

But we got Kan-Ra as a “mad sorcerer”.

There’s gotta be a way to have a mad scientist that uses chemicals/toxins as a weapon! Something Mister Sinister.

Kan-Ra feels like Shang Tsung. A mad scientist can be someone like Quan Chi.

I want this character, Roxy Rave, and The Master(old man from KI Gold training) to be full characters.

I’d personally like to see this roster for season 4:

-Eagle - Brought back as an unfeeling brainwashed Ultratech suit / executive

-Wendigo

-Lovecraftian

-Djinn

-Magical Archer

-KI Gold Training Sage (the good guys need a wily old guide)

-Shoot Fighter / Judo - Ground grappler (ie a multi-part throw having guy with punches, knees and kicks within those throws that can be broken)

-New playable final boss for season 4

-Shadow Orchid / Pre-Transformation Cinder (a bonus 9th character, whichever one of these doesn’t make it as the 9th character for season 3, if there is one, that is)

1 Like

I think a character who’s main business is to influence time could be an interesting set up. Possibly having the ability to manipulate the round time.

1 Like

I also wouldn’t mind some type of Doppleganger type character, that would be able to take on or absorb specials/traits from other characters. Although that might be some crazy impossible programming. My end game is that I think it’d be cool to have a character that could somewhat try to turn the match into a near mirror match, making the character difficult to counter, and making things tough on players who don’t perform well in mirror match situations.

1 Like

I’d still like to see a Naga/Medusa character, maybe make her the archer like Medusa is in Smite.

2 Likes

Oh I like that a lot. Good call man! I think a Naga / Medusa or Gorgon or whatever could fill that role of magical archer PERFECTLY.

2 Likes

I like eagle but besides the lovecraftian/ medusa I don’t want a lot of creatures in season 4
I’d love to see a lot of the established lore characters like
–the king/ from kanra story
–Sadiras master (a chance to have another air based fighter)/
–A member of the disavowed ( a close acquaintance of Orchid, maybe male in a Nightwing sort of fashion)
–a sensei who taught Jago ( chance to have a yet unseen martial art)

Season 4- Origins

I thought Sadira was the boss…or did I miss/forget something…

Safire killed the prievious one. Her supposed mentor

1 Like

Then I must have missed that piece of information, could you tell me where I can find it?

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/character-backstory-the-widows-bite/2417/110

Thanks, apparently I missed that backstory completely, maybe because I didnt appreciate Sadira back then like I do now

I personally want a true puppetmaster style character, similar to the ones found in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. For those not familiar, here’s a link:

Gargos doesn’t fit this mold imo, due to the fact that his strength doesn’t solely lie on his minions. Kan-Ra and ARIA do not fit either for obvious reasons. Characters like Chaos (UNIEL), Carl & Relius (BB), and the actual Puppet master job in FFXI (yeah I went there) heavily rely on the puppet to actually be a threat. The puppetmaster would obviously have full control of the puppet, and should be able to alternate between the two modes… I’m not sure what the Instinct would be, perhaps some sort of mode where the puppet “absorbs” the puppet master (so that they become “one”) and gets full control of his normals but with + frames. The puppet would still retain his special attacks though, which would allow him to be more rushdown oriented…

Just tossing some ideas out there…

1 Like

like zato from Guilty gear right?