List of all revealed Mimic skins to date

My OCD hates that the glow on her back is green, the hexagons while her claws are blue. I think they should be the same color, overall though I do love the skin.

The Glacius one is going to be sick though.

3 Likes
3 Likes

You can play as guest characters in Shadow Lords mode, so why not fight them as mimics? Having them never appear in the mode would just get rid of some variety for enemy types, so I am pretty sure the guest characters will get mimic skins too.

I like it. Sue me.

1 Like

Oh man…that video. Aren’t you supposed to watch that while you’re high or something? Because I found it really stupid. Like Really stupid…

It’s looks good on thunder. Maybe not great, but good.

Confirmed on stream. ALL CHARACTERS including guests get mimic skins. <3

6 Likes

That’s mean Gargos will get mimic skin too? Huh?

I guess so, I think they’re just doing it so its fair for everyone.

Jago’s mimic has his color 2 with green skin… I’m wondering if its because player 1 was normal Jago.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say.

2 Likes

Hmmm… Maybe the mimic color is an addition to the default color? Like, you pick color 6, then apply the mimic skin and glow to it? That would be interesting. So you could pick a color that fits better with the green.

Yeah that’s actually plausible, they said there were “shaders” on stream… Whatever that means.

Also Mimic Sadira

5 Likes

I want it to be a separate selection like Default and Retro colors. Something like “Mimic” alongside those two in the character select.

1 Like

If we look for a reason why the guests could appear as mimics (even though they’re not necessarily canon) it could be that Gargos’ forces are imitating not only our greatest “real” fighters, but our legends and pop culture icons as well.
For example:
“This Battletoads device seems to bring out a lot of rage and frustration in these people. Perhaps I can harness that…”
“These humans seemed to look up to this Arbiter. I can create my own to instill fear and crush their hope.”
“These players felt fear watching this fictional General destroy their beloved hero characters. Perhaps this RAAM can be of use…”

Just some mad theory crafting. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

wow the fulgore one is amazing since they added the muscle stuff. Surely there is enough imagination around there that they can think of some similar texture changes for everyone else…

The synthetic muscle tissue is on every modern Fulgore skin. It’s just easier to see on some colors than others.

whhoooooooooaaaaaa!