Level 4 Ender Opinion Poll

That’s what I meant by saying I didn’t change my mind about the idea. It would be cool if another more subtle effect (that doesn’t include black background or angles that show the game’s strings) was implemented and it also was used for lvl shadow enders (it would be strange to have the effect on the second most powerful ender and not the most powerful).

No but that’s what KI is. A game full of reused assets. Just look at that kick Jago does in his fireball ender. It’s the exact same kick they used for Shadow Jago’s forward heavy kick. They don’t spend a lot of time and resources on KI which is why this problem presents itself. They obviously looked at the Ultimates tech they had from the Aria instinct and decided it needed to be in the game one way or another and here it is. The game is full of these small recycles but this is the most notable and less polished of them all.

There is only a few weeks until launch and like Infil said, they need to submit the game before the date. It will be a struggle just to remove the effect and we don’t even know if they see the issue we are all crying about.

3 Likes

Thanks for doing that TheNinjaOstrich.

In the top gif you can see how hard the ender is hitting, it looks brutal, aggressive, the movement is fluid and it has impact. Not to mention the stage doesn’t randomly go black mid-match for no particular reason. Like, just…why?
And as I stated in the ‘constructive criticism’ thread, if the stage goes black because it isn’t meant to be viewed from that angle, then don’t use such an extreme angle. Infil. said it perfectly, they took an existing feature that looked great, and replaced it with something that looks worse. If this is the result then why touch it in the first place?

Season 3 lvl 4 enders in their current state are crude, choppy and literally look like a graphical downgrade. The game’s overall quality suffers because of them.

2 Likes

Yeesh guys I just hope there is a solution to this one.

personally i feel people are just making a big deal over nothing!! i feel its a great addition to the game that just needs a little polish , of which i am sure ig already knows and has probably polished it up by now, we just havnt seen it yet!! i hope the new vfx remains all it needs is to be polished up like they did for kim wu and tusk faces!! cool down people!! it will be ok!!!

1 Like

I have to say I do agree with this. While I don’t think reusing assets is a bad thing but how its implemented makes a huge difference. One of the reasons I’m why not a fan of Shago’s “loop” ultimate.

Thank you infilament. You are reputable name in the KI community (IMO). I LOVE IT.

I was hoping that MS/IG had realized the error of their ways and wanted to start afresh with Season 3, but I guess I was wrong. If you’re going to reuse animations, execute them properly.

I am tempted to say it’s Omen all over again, but as low-quality as he is, Omen actually adds to the game.

I am just praying that it’s something they can easily reverse, if not when Season 3 is launched then shortly after.

You guys speak as if Keits, Ken Lobb and Ishmae aren’t aware of the new game mechanics.

Reverse? Lol
@TheKeits
@TempusChaoti

They aren’t but them letting these new enders in the game shows that they aren’t eagle eyed at looking at the flaws of the game. There is no quality control and these enders make it seem as though they are just throwing anything at the game and hoping it sticks. Am most surprised at Adam (Keits), having such a history with fighting games, overlooking how terrible this will look against other fighting games.

1 Like

These new ender effects DEvolve from the Season 1/2 lvl 4 enders, they look low-quality in comparison.

In its current state, it feels really janky and unpleasant. I think if it were less over done effects wise (say, a more subtle darkening of the environment rather than all the wooshy bright space stuff out of nowhere) and had smoother camera transitions it’d be much better. As it stands it made me pretty uncomfortable watching them on the stream.
It also looks like the frame rate tanks a bit, and the camera seemed to jerk even more as a result.

I want to like this sort of thing but I’d rather it be done more subtly and consistently. I’ve loved just about everything else so far. This is the first thing where I’ve been really nervous about how it can be changed.

2 Likes

OH MY GOSH.

I saw the one of the GIFs above of a REGULAR level four ender, and i thought “THAT LOOKS SICK! Its the new Level 4 enders, but without the black background”

Then i saw the 2 Comparison GIFs.

These look awful. Absolutely awful.

I made a really nasty post recently about people hating on this game, and i STILL stand by it, but go ahead and change everything i said about THESE animations specifically. These are bad. Very bad.

I will make sure to give myself a whole 1 day before posting about anything new from now on. I suggest everyone should do the same. EVEN the people who make the negativity threads all the time (usually only one minute after seeing a new feature.)

7 Likes

I don’t like it how it is. I hope what we saw was unfinished.

1 Like

Don’t you wish you could change your vote?

2 Likes

Keits might be well-versed in fighting games, but how sure are you about his taste in art and overall aesthetics? He might be part of the problem.

Not happy at all and mostly for one reason. 3D camera while a novelty idea with casual and nostalgic appeal, is pushing it too far for me. There are many more ways they can visually emphasize a level 4 ender without having to resort to tacky 3D camera tomfoolery, which only serves to reveal imperfections in animations and disrupt gameplay

I refuse to adjust to this 3D camera. Even if I see it but once a match, that one time is all it takes.

1 Like

It’s the fighting game aesthetics. Fighting game characters have their body facing the screen at all times like Egyptian hieroglyphs. Even when characters are hit in the air the way they are shown makes it so that the player looking at the screen see’s the characters damage. When they changed the angle and make it so that you see it closer to Jago’s viewpoint it looks awkward because you were never meant to see the game from that point of view.

4 Likes

Sure, I suppose they may not. But, it isn’t rare. I do tend to get it often on lockouts or resets. Even then, on single player - it does happen frequently.

If it could be a tad more subtle it would feel smooth yet invigorating when you get that sweet animation, that animation that has been tweaked with more.

Why…? Just… why? It looks like a crappy fanmade animation by a highschool kid. SMH. Of all the things to work on they chose to waste time on this?

3 Likes