Let's design a tag team mode

While your at it, encourage Coop between local players. and allow them to xchoose the same character if they want to.

1 Like

There’s many people inerested in this. But the chance of it happening is slim. So, at least, people interested in it can write their thoughts as a cathartic experience. Writing ones thoughts on a subject makes one feel better

double mirror match? cool idea.

Can you imagine Aganos x4 on screen? That’s what, 20 walls at once? LOL. Madness!

I would love something as follows

Online Time, 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4

Each chooses a character and is in line. Begins the first match of random mode A1 vs B1

Whoever wins goes to the next opponent WITHOUT BACK TO LIFE, as a survival.

Then the second round would be A2 vs. B1

And so to finish. It would be a team effort to win all matches

Each player has their turn and play the best possible!

4 Likes

I think Tag would be fun as hell. Imagine the crazy setups you could do, especially with juggling being a larger part of the game now. I don’t think I’ve ever dislike a Tag or Team mode in any past fighting game. I used the hell out of this mode in MK9.

Both players on a team would just need to share KV and Instinct meter to avoid mayhem.

That way, My bro and I can show that we are a deadly pack of riptors.

Here we go again…

Ultras combine both characters’ ultra and cannot be skipped (lol), get ready for triple double ultras.

1 Like

This is my biggest fear! D:

4 Arias though :-o

2 Likes

no tag team plz

Why?

would rather have more chars, stages, modes, anything over tag team. Game wasn’t meant to be a tag game. Tag in MK9 was never really used by that many ppl

How about system wars tag team? PC VS XBOX 2vs2

1 Like

I don’t see it working to have multiple characters on-screen at a time, and having an assist or action swap mode sounds like a balancing and technical nightmare.

Only way I see a tag team mode work well without too much resources spent is to have it where a team of characters fights another team of characters in a survivor type mode where health and meter stays. Essentially a group survivor mode. Maybe with lower health bars for faster rotations.

Ooh orchid and Kim Wu

Or

Maya and sadirA

Or Kim Wu and Hisako

Or orchid and Maya

Or GLACIUS and Kim Wu

Or thunder and orchid

Or tusk and sadira

Riptor and Aria all the way.

Rule 1 and 4 are conflicting with each other. If you want to promote people swapping characters and even place a win on one dying why would you limit how often they can swap? In a game like KI where a single character can do 70% once you prevent people from swapping the game can be over quick.

Realistically, I could see a team battle mode working and adding some value, though to be honest, it’s been ages since I’ve gone in to that mode in a game. Still, if others wanted it…

Now, if we’re just saying what we’d like to see, then I’d like to see KI do something with a tag mode that hasn’t been done before. Something new and uniquely KI. What that could be, I have absolutely no idea. :slightly_smiling:

I like the idea of a tag ender that was mentioned above.

It’d also be cool to maybe give characters a “tag instinct” which could be a separate bar that, when filled, allows for something specific to happen. Not saying I’d want some Mahvel super move, but maybe something cool and unique for both you and your tag partner. Almost a different, second instinct.

Anyways, it could be a fun mode if IG is able to make it happen.

Personally though, I’m hoping for more offline single player modes. Now if they could do this in the form of a tag survival mode? I’d be ALL about that!!

Aganos & Rash because… wrecking balls to the walls.

That’d actually be fun if you could name your own tag team. Maybe even unlock matching tag items. Maybe some cool stuff or some goofy stuff like matching singlets and tag title belts lol. Maybe you could even have karate type belts that unlock as your tag team gains levels that you could put on your characters to signify how much experience you have with your specific tag team. I’d enjoy that.

I’m really hoping we can have that wonderful ki2 team battle function-

What a gift to solo players that would be!!!

1 Like