Tag Team Mode

Here’s an idea for the tag button: Why not just use the taunt button (in this mode only) as a tag button? Taunting is somewhat superfluous as it is, and are you really going to spend the time to taunt opponents in a mode as frenetic as 2v2 tends to be anyways? If it’s THAT important to you, then perhaps you might also enjoy repetitively crouching on your downed opponent. I hear it’s more fun than a hoola hoop and a stick.

As for the mode itself, I’d be curious to see how that would work in a game that’s not actually built for it. How would characters animate into and out of the match during tags? How would that affect combos? Would you want to start a combo as one character and finish it off with another and if so, could the current fighting system allow for this as well as the immediate switching of characters?

I like @xSkeletalx’s idea of a survival / team battle. I could see a character getting eliminated, they fall to the ground, and that initiates the next character’s normal intro sequence as the announcer chimes in with their name, followed by “Ready,” and the character still left standing from the previous battle has the health they had at the end of it.

It’d be nice to have a screen that showed each team on it before and after the match. Perhaps the ability to randomize the order of your character’s appearance (for funsies) and stuff like that, maybe the ability to choose whether you want two life bars per character or just one, but it feels like the only new in-game asset that might be needed would be a counter that show’s who’s winning the current overall war. They could add a few bells and whistles to make it a uniquely KI mode (which I hope they would, as other games certainly have Team Battle modes).

But yeah, while this seems like a highly doable idea that they can hopefully spin and make their own, I’d be very curious to see how an actual tag mode would work in this game. I imagine some thinking about Fulgore DP-ing an opponent in to the air and tagging Sadira in for a quick air combo to finish them off and I just don’t see how that’d even be possible, online or off.

good idea but i see it more like a MK9 tag mode .u can play with 4 but nope at once, 1 vs 1 then mixtup combo with another player . thats just great

1 Like

I doubt they will.

Tag-Team was more or lss the best part of MK9 and one of the reasons I don’t MKX is as good by any means.

I personally love the idea ofbeing to continue a combo with your ally as well.

2 Likes

This is brilliant, it will create so many interesting possibilities for partners and combos, but it is alot of work for a game and fighting system like KI, imagine mid combo you trigger a swap and continue the same combo, with a different character, that would be the ultimate mode, definitely place KI above the rest at that point… would be easy and predictable relationships like jago/orchid or Maya/Tusk, or Jago/Shago… but the fun would be creating new and unpredictable combinations of characters that compliment reach other… like a big and brutal Aganos with a ranging Kan-Ra, still predictable partnership, but the moveset can be disastrous…

Picture:

Kan-Ra 8 hit mash-up (ending in his wrap grapple holding player in place) - transition into Aganos roll-up, flick or kick into Aganos wall set up splat/bounce for 6 hits, back into - Kan-Ra sand pit launch and alternating slam grapple for 5 hits, and ender is - Aganos mid air heavy punch, breaking the wall set by Aganos for 2 hits… that would end all… and realistically works because each move sets up the next, still within 21 hit combo, ofcourse this would take much practice, but just picture it

1 Like

man u made me dream …:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some high level concepts…

• an ender would force a tag out by the opponent

• depending on the ender the tag partner comes in with a different special or normal move

• tagging in is only possible after KV meter is at a certain level, or if hits exceed a certain number

• tag partner can only do linkers or enders during a combo (…or only manuals)

1 Like

you see the vision my friend

Lol I know you get this joke.

Just use the right thumb stick for the tag/switch

Right thumbstick is already mapped to LP+LK, MP+MK, and HP+HK. Plus fightstick users don’t have a right thumbstick.

Yeah, I see it clearly, but not sure if I’ll live long enough to see it come to fruition, lol. Maybe my grand grand kids…

1 Like

Could’ve sworn I saw Sticks with RB on them? Fwd-Fwd-Bck?

i suggest maybemedium punch and heavey punch…or maybe click in the analog stick(although u cant do that on a fight stick)hmm…how about aby A,X,Y,B together no one uses that except as an ultra ender

That could work (both lights and both mediums) seeing as how that isn’t character specific yet, it would just be a little odd. Also, the ultra ender is just Y&B (both mediums)

lol…i thought it was abyx…that’s how I always did it XD

Both heavies… so like mid combo, if you use a heavy linker, replace it with both heavies to tag the other character in

What if Instinct mode is full or active? both heavies activates instinct and can do things during instinct for some characters. I don’t think that’s what your trying to say but I’m struggling to understand what you mean.

you are correct, I actually forgot about the instinct trigger at that moment

Hold trigger double tap d-pad/stick back

Well L3 and R3 aren’t used as far as I know, maybe use those?